Windows 10: New PC with Windows 10 - SSD shows as half full

Discus and support New PC with Windows 10 - SSD shows as half full in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello. I'm hoping someone will be able to help me. My new PC arrived today and I went through the initial setup steps for Windows 10. Then, when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Messareth, May 5, 2020.

1. Messareth Win User

New PC with Windows 10 - SSD shows as half full

Hello. I'm hoping someone will be able to help me.

My new PC arrived today and I went through the initial setup steps for Windows 10. Then, when I checked my SSD, it showed that the C partition main partition, the other two are Recovery - 500mb and disc 0 partition 2 - 100mb is almost half full already. Manually checking the folder properties including hidden folders results in only 20gb out of nearly 200gb taken.

It doesn't seem to be hibernate file switching it on/off makes a 16gb difference, and the restore isn't switched on I tried to switch it on/off, but it had no effect.

I'm running out of the ideas what's wrong and how to fix it. Thank you in advance for your help.

:)

Messareth, May 5, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 5, 2020
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, May 5, 2020
  4. r.h.p Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, May 5, 2020
Thema:

1. New PC with Windows 10 - SSD shows as half full - Similar Threads - SSD shows half

2. New laptop - half full hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New laptop - half full hard drive: Hi, my laptop is brand new - I have appended the stats below my question; It has quite a small HD but the laptop is two weeks old. It runs fine but I noticed that my HD is more than HALF used already 265GB the biggest app I have is Sims4, which is 19GB, After that, there's...
  3. New laptop - half full hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New laptop - half full hard drive: Hi, my laptop is brand new - I have appended the stats below my question; It has quite a small HD but the laptop is two weeks old. It runs fine but I noticed that my HD is more than HALF used already 265GB the biggest app I have is Sims4, which is 19GB, After that, there's...
  4. SSD Is half full even after completely reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SSD Is half full even after completely reinstalling windows: Hi, I recently did a reinstall of my os, When it was completed my SSD went from 900 GB to 505 GB, I already checked the Windows.old file and used the built in Disk Cleanup Tool. Neither had anything in them. I've even looked in my C drive and cant find anything, I know...
  5. SSD Is half full even after completely reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD Is half full even after completely reinstalling windows: Hi, I recently did a reinstall of my os, When it was completed my SSD went from 900 GB to 505 GB, I already checked the Windows.old file and used the built in Disk Cleanup Tool. Neither had anything in them. I've even looked in my C drive and cant find anything, I know...
  6. SSD Is half full even after completely reinstalling windows

7. SSD drive full in Windows 10

SSD drive full in Windows 10: I had 20 gb available on my C: drive two weeks ago, and now it's full. I haven't downloaded anything that has taken over 1 gb. Where did my space go? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssd-drive-full-in-windows-10/3e5bb452-7042-485c-a884-c4fcd87c76e5
  8. New Windows 10 pc SSD full

New Windows 10 pc SSD full: My new Windows 10 PC has a 232GB Solid State Drive and a 232GB hard Drive. After 30 days, the Solid is nearly full. Only 16GB space is left. I have checked the properties of every folder looking for where 200GB could be hiding but have found nothing. I even checked Hidden...
  9. 2nd hdd half free but apps show me that it is full

2nd hdd half free but apps show me that it is full: I'm getting a very annoing issue with my second hdd: It's a 927GB of hdd and I'm using 463GB. Few days ago Free Dowload Manager started to complain about the amount of free space. Then it stoped to works saying:There is not enough space on the disk I thought that it is...
  10. Questions after new install of full Windows 10 and new SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Questions after new install of full Windows 10 and new SSD: I would appreciate if somebody could explain to me why I have a folder called Windows.old and windows 10upgrade in my C:\ I was having several issues with my Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7, Microsoft remote accessed my computer 4 times before they could fix it. After...