Windows 10: New PC Won't Enter Sleep Mode

Discus and support New PC Won't Enter Sleep Mode in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I bought a new PC running Windows 11 Pro. It will not enter sleep mode when I click Sleep from the start menu. The screen turns off, but the fans and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ChrisZimberlin, Feb 25, 2024.

1. New PC Won't Enter Sleep Mode

I bought a new PC running Windows 11 Pro. It will not enter sleep mode when I click Sleep from the start menu. The screen turns off, but the fans and RGB lights on my PC stay on and running. Any slight movement of the mouse instantly turns to screen on with no hesitation. I have tried adjusting my Power settings, including advanced power settings. Powercfg/last wake always reports 0 which tells me the device is not entering sleep mode at all.

:)

ChrisZimberlin, Feb 25, 2024
  2. Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Feb 25, 2024
  3. my computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep

these computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep ?

oscarperezvc, Feb 25, 2024
  4. m6soto Win User

New PC Won't Enter Sleep Mode

Sleep Mode... It won't wake up!

No go still. *Frown New PC Won't Enter Sleep Mode :(

Thanks suraswami for the suggestion.

Ok. I reset the BIOS to defaults, and S3, and now when I tell the computer to go into standby, it appears to save everything to memory, and then power off. It's like the PC thinks sleep means hibernate.

So, OK. I tried turning off hybrid sleep, and now when I went to sleep, the PC just powered off. And when I tried powering back on, Windows said it was shutdown unexpectedly.

Now I've tried swapping out each pair of 1GB sticks (4 sticks total for 4GB) in all four slots in different configurations. On each time, it displays the same symptoms: When I try to resume, I can hear drives spin up, and the fans will roar to full speed *and stay on full speed*. The screen will remain black, the HD led will not light at all. The power LED remains flashing blue. It will stay like that indefinitely. I have to force power off by holding the power button. So, unless all four sticks of RAM happen to be bad, I doubt this is the culprit.

Any suggestions? S1 sleep mode in the BIOS works fine, although, like you mention, it's not ideal. I can hibernate the PC just fine. I'd like S3 to work, ideally.

Thanks.

m6soto, Feb 25, 2024
Thema:

New PC Won't Enter Sleep Mode

1. New PC Won't Enter Sleep Mode - Similar Threads - Won't Enter Sleep

2. New PC Won't Enter Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New PC Won't Enter Sleep Mode: I bought a new PC running Windows 11 Pro. It will not enter sleep mode when I click Sleep from the start menu. The screen turns off, but the fans and RGB lights on my PC stay on and running. Any slight movement of the mouse instantly turns to screen on with no hesitation. I...
  3. pc no video input entering sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc no video input entering sleep mode: hello i have been having this problem this couple months when i play high end games my pc screen goes black and massage pops up no video input entering sleepmode i hear the game in the backround also pc fans start spining at max speed i turned off the setting where my pc...
  4. Windows 11 Desktop Won't Enter Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Desktop Won't Enter Sleep Mode: I upgraded to Windows 11 last fall November and for the most part everything has been working ok. Within the last month, I've had an issue where my desktop will not enter sleep mode. If I select sleep, my keyboard and mouse will shut off but my desktop will idle with the fan...
  5. Windows 11 Desktop Won't Enter Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Desktop Won't Enter Sleep Mode: I upgraded to Windows 11 last fall November and for the most part everything has been working ok. Within the last month, I've had an issue where my desktop will not enter sleep mode. If I select sleep, my keyboard and mouse will shut off but my desktop will idle with the fan...
  6. PC won't enter sleep automatically

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC won't enter sleep automatically: I'm running Windows 10 PRO version 2004. I set my power plan so that the PC should go into sleep mode after a certain amount of time, but won't do so automatically. I can manually put the PC to sleep and it stays asleep until I wake it up. I tried putting a clean install...
  7. PC won't enter sleep mode on its own:

in Windows 10 Support
    PC won't enter sleep mode on its own:: Hi. As of a few days ago my HP desktop running Windows 10 2004 stopped entering sleep mode. The computer is only about 3 years old or so. I have never encountered this problem before. I can put it to sleep manually and it will stay asleep until I wake it or a scheduled scan...
  8. Help determining why PC won't enter sleep mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help determining why PC won't enter sleep mode: I have a webcam that is apparently preventing my computer from sleeping. I have the following listed when I run powercfg /requests: C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg /requests DISPLAY: None. SYSTEM: [DRIVER] HD Webcam C615 (USB\VID_046D&PID_082C&MI_00\7&3772e1ad&0&0000) An audio...
  9. Help determing why PC won't enter sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Help determing why PC won't enter sleep mode: I have a webcam that is apparently preventing my computer from sleeping. I have the following listed when I run powercfg /requests: C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg /requests DISPLAY: None. SYSTEM: [DRIVER] HD Webcam C615 (USB\VID_046D&PID_082C&MI_00\7&3772e1ad&0&0000) An...
  10. PC not entering sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC not entering sleep mode.: I have the settings set to automatically sleep after 30 minutes, but it isn't going to sleep. Changing this to an earlier time does nothing. Powercfg /requests returns nothing. It is possible that the recent 2004 windows 10 update could be a cause, but I can't say for...