Windows 10: New PC's unable to see older network devices

Discus and support New PC's unable to see older network devices in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently installed (3) new Windows 10 workstations at an office that is using Workgroup. The new PC's are Dell Optiplex 3050's and the Network and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jdbradford, Jul 12, 2017.

1. New PC's unable to see older network devices

I recently installed (3) new Windows 10 workstations at an office that is using Workgroup. The new PC's are Dell Optiplex 3050's and the Network and Sharing Center shows as Private network. All of the other PC's are Windows 7 64bit and their network shows as Work network. The new PC's were only showing the (3) new PC's...until just now. That is weird, as I typed this up, one of the new PC's is now seeing every device on the network.

I am not sure what changed, but I was trying to find a way to match the settings on each one, by making them all Work network.

I will have to keep an eye on this.

Jeff

:)

jdbradford, Jul 12, 2017

2. New samsung focus phone - unable to see WIFI network

Hello Sharon,

Were you able to solve the issue you were experiencing?

Best regards

Benedito D., Jul 12, 2017
  3. New samsung focus phone - unable to see WIFI network

I just bought this fun and tried to connect to my wifi network at home (unsecured) - it just keeps saying searching while all my other devices are connected or can see it fine.

HELP!

Sharon Wilhite, Jul 12, 2017
Thema:

New PC's unable to see older network devices

1. New PC's unable to see older network devices - Similar Threads - PC's unable older

2. NEW PC Can see PC's in network but cannot connect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NEW PC Can see PC's in network but cannot connect: Hi Recently purchased new PC. All worked fine for 2 weeks I was able to connect to network PC's and Drive by IP address and now suddenly can't. SMB1 done and ''ON'' at first setup in order to connect to network drive as it requires it. Network discovery done all on. I...
  3. New - Can't See Other PC's On Home Network

New - Can't See Other PC's On Home Network: I need to connect two laptops on my home network via WiFi, one of which has a printer attached via USB that I need to share. I read this recent post from Yertiz on the same issue. I followed the tutorial here on this forum, and then the suggestions in Yertiz's post. I still...
  4. Unable to see 5G network.

Unable to see 5G network.: Hello. Posted on reddit and no help so I came here. I am able to see my 2.4G wifi but not my 5G on my pc. My phone is currently connected to my 5G and my ISP says all conditions are normal. I am able to see other 5G networks but not mine. My network card is a Asus PCE-AC51....
  5. Unable To See This PC As Well As Other Computers On The Network.

Unable To See This PC As Well As Other Computers On The Network.: Hello all I am getting very frustrated. I had to rebuild a laptop and a desktop. I have win 10 pro ver 1809 on each. Services DNS client is running and automatic function discovery provider is running and automatic function discovery resource is running and automatic...
  6. Unable to see the PC on network to share files

Unable to see the PC on network to share files: Hello, I am reaching out because my computer is not noticed on our network at my work. In the network we share crucial information and pictures of vehicles that we have for sale. My computer is the base for all of the pictures so I have to be seen by everyone. All of my...
  7. Unable to see networked devices but can on other machines

Unable to see networked devices but can on other machines: Hi all! I wouldn't normally ask for help as I'm usually pretty damned good at sorting issues myself but this has got me stumped. I've got 2 PC's and a laptop. Laptop behaves the same way as PC2 so I'll discount that for now. The issue: PC1 appears to have an issue with...
  8. Bluetooth connectivity with older devices and new devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth connectivity with older devices and new devices: I have a new Samsung Galaxy .... smartphone, old laptop with updated Window 10 Edge, a large old Vizio tv that I'm using now as my monitor, an old Samgung air bar wireless mouse and keyboard, old pc speakers with woofer a sony smarttv in the bedroom. I'm a mess of old stuff...
  9. Unable to see network location

Unable to see network location: Hi everyone, I have a USB drive connected to my TP-LINK Archer VR600 router. I've successfully set this drive as a network location on my laptop (running windows 10) with no issues whatsoever. However, when trying to do the exact same thing on my desktop PC, I'm unable to see...
  10. Devices on network cant see W10 PC

Devices on network cant see W10 PC: So I just upgraded from W7 to W10 and now none of the devices connected to my home network can see my PC. I have media players (WD and Nvidia Shield) devices and they cant see my PC. Ive worked at this all day with limited success. I downloaded every Android network app...