Windows 10: New phishing method called the Inception Bar on Chrome for Mobile

Discus and support New phishing method called the Inception Bar on Chrome for Mobile in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Welcome to HSBC, the world’s seventh-largest bank! Of course, the page you’re reading isn’t actually hosted on hsbc.com; it’s hosted on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

New phishing method called the Inception Bar on Chrome for Mobile

Read more: The inception bar: a new phishing method

Tweet

— Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter

:)

Brink, Apr 29, 2019
  2. xxxdepy Win User

Infected by chrome-updates.win phishing site

Touch VPN and Betternet VPN is currently known to cause this. If you have either of them remove it.

I maintain a list of compromised extensions, so if you find any active ones in your browser then remove it to get rid of adware -

List of Malware and Problematic Extensions on Chrome / Chromepeeps

A little more on this specific issue
    Redirected to https://chrome-updates(.)win/s(.)html in Chrome New Tab / Chromepeeps

Good thing is that Cloudflare itself is blocking the URL since it was known to send phishing. Still it is recommended that you remove the extension until it is fixed by the developers.

Report the extension on the Chrome webstore as well by selecting "Report abuse" when removing the extension off your browser.

xxxdepy, Apr 29, 2019
  3. Chrome and Firefox Phishing Attack Uses Name Identical to Safe Sites

Unless we do something wrong, In about:config (ffx64), the parameter below is not shown on the list. Instead, we must search for it in the top bar:

network.IDN_show_punycode

SET it to <<true>> and the bug disappears.

As some reported this bug is not present in Edge here too. The bug also affects Tor Browser Beta and the same solution works fine.

Thanks for heads up!

Chrome and Firefox Phishing Attack Uses Domains Identical to Known Safe Sites

MikeMecanic, Apr 29, 2019
  4. New phishing method called the Inception Bar on Chrome for Mobile

phishing scam?

Hi Marie,

There are different types of Phishing scam, and the one that you received might be probably a
    "Deceptive Phishing" or "System Reconfiguration Attacks". For you to prevent receiving a phishing email and to be more aware about scams, we suggest that you report it by following the steps on this
    link. There are tips as well on the said link on how to determine a phishing email.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

New phishing method called the Inception Bar on Chrome for Mobile

1. New phishing method called the Inception Bar on Chrome for Mobile - Similar Threads - phishing method called

2. Is this a new policy? Or is it phishing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is this a new policy? Or is it phishing?: Hello to all. I just got this email in my Yahoo email account. It struck me as odd because I have very recently logged into my Microsoft account, so I know it hasn't been inactive. And I have seen multiple messages and replies in the Community from folks who say "Microsoft...
  3. Is this a new policy? Or is it phishing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is this a new policy? Or is it phishing?: Hello to all. I just got this email in my Yahoo email account. It struck me as odd because I have very recently logged into my Microsoft account, so I know it hasn't been inactive. And I have seen multiple messages and replies in the Community from folks who say "Microsoft...
  4. mstscax.dll how to call its method ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mstscax.dll how to call its method ?: I installed mstscax.dll successfully but cannot call its methods in a vc++ project, the error code is 127. What does it means and how to solve it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mstscaxdll-how-to-call-its-method/7fa67207-9277-40c6-a939-d8871627edf8
  5. mstscax.dll how to call its method ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mstscax.dll how to call its method ?: I installed mstscax.dll successfully but cannot call its methods in a vc++ project, the error code is 127. What does it means and how to solve it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mstscaxdll-how-to-call-its-method/7fa67207-9277-40c6-a939-d8871627edf8
  6. Folder Inception

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Folder Inception: [ATTACH] So I was cleaning my files and discovered my files' folders cotained themselves. For example, Documents had a Documents folder inside with my docs, same with pictures and so on. Why does that happen? Is it a virus? How do I correct it?...
  7. Infected by chrome-updates.win phishing site

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Infected by chrome-updates.win phishing site: Hi, My computer has been infected by "https://chrome-updates.win/s.html" site. It can be caused a program which is not safe for my computer I installed. When I opened Chrome or a new tab, it directs me to this address. At first, that page opened with nothing, just white...
  8. Chrome pop up. Is it for real or Phishing

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome pop up. Is it for real or Phishing: I've just had a pop up apparently from Chrome requesting me to click on links from the following address http(es,colon,slash,slash)support.google.com/chrome/?p=help&ctx=keyboard#topic=3227046 I am always dubious about being invited to click this or that as a necessity to...
  9. BSOD since inception of new Build

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD since inception of new Build: HI All, Built a new PC about 4 months ago. Seem to get BSOD errors quite often, at least about 7 today. Then can go a week without one. Seems to happen randomly, sometime while browsing other times while gaming, other times when nothing is happening away from keyboard....
  10. Rumor: Microsoft’s new phone called Surface Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Rumor: Microsoft’s new phone called Surface Mobile: Some Chinese leaks appear to provide some details of Microsoft’s Windows phone successor which could possibly be called the Surface Mobile. The details were first found by Twitter user, h0x0d, who has often been a reliable Microsoft news tipster in the past. Tweet —...