Windows 10: New phone link to PC option not working for me

Discus and support New phone link to PC option not working for me in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My Phone is the Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus. I've tried several times to link my phone with my PC. At the end of the process it tells me my phone is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by WaltH1, Oct 5, 2018.

1. WaltH1 Win User

New phone link to PC option not working for me

My Phone is the Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus.

I've tried several times to link my phone with my PC. At the end of the process it tells me my phone is successfully linked with my PC but it's not. My phone is not listed under the phone settings but it does have the option to unlink the phone. I've rebooted and it still does not show up. When I check the Microsoft linked devices site my phone is not listed as a linked device. I have reset the phone section on my windows computer, rebooted, uninstalled the "Your Phone Companion" app on my phone according to instructions by first clearing the cache, clear data, force stop and uninstall. Rebooted everything and tried several times but the phone never shows up where it should yet the installation says it was successful. Any suggestions wold be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I selected photos as my windows topic because there's no option to select the phone app (but apparently the photo and phone app is combined).

:)

WaltH1, Oct 5, 2018

2. Can't link phone to PC

Hello Sharlyn,

For us to be able to isolate why you're not able to link your phone to your PC. Kindly answer these questions so we can assist you better:

• Which Windows version is currently running on your phone?
    • Were any changes applied on the phone prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Gerald Mal, Oct 5, 2018
  3. linking my phone to my pc

I am unable to link my phone to my pc. I follow the steps on my pc to link my phone by downloading and signing into my Microsoft account on my phone but it doesn't appear to link. I followed the same steps on my ipad and that worked, but not on my phone.

AmyCarnall, Oct 5, 2018
  4. meebers Win User

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Oct 5, 2018
Thema:

1. New phone link to PC option not working for me - Similar Threads - phone link option

2. Phone Linked to PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone Linked to PC: Hello,I received an email that I got a single-use code to my Microsoft account that I never requested. So I logged into my account and find that an unknown number is linked to my pc.Where it says “Phone Linked to PC” there is a number I have never seen before. Does that mean...
  3. Phone Linked to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Linked to PC: Hello,I received an email that I got a single-use code to my Microsoft account that I never requested. So I logged into my account and find that an unknown number is linked to my pc.Where it says “Phone Linked to PC” there is a number I have never seen before. Does that mean...
  4. Phone Link is not notifying me of new text messages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link is not notifying me of new text messages: Why might Phone Link 1.23032.196.0 c2023 have stopped notifying me of new Android Messages i.e., SMS texts sent to my Moto-E phone running Android 10. ? I've turned all the related Android Messages features and notification settings off and on, cleared Messages' cache, and...
  5. Phone Link is not notifying me of new text messages

Phone Link is not notifying me of new text messages: Why might Phone Link 1.23032.196.0 c2023 have stopped notifying me of new Android Messages i.e., SMS texts sent to my Moto-E phone running Android 10. ? I've turned all the related Android Messages features and notification settings off and on, cleared Messages' cache, and...
  6. phone link "the new"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    phone link "the new": you changed the phone link app, i was able to connect then 2 or 3 days later i wasnt paying attention to time may have been a couple more but then on 4/4 i lost connection error msg said it was on your site now i cannt get any response trying to load...
  7. phone link "the new"

phone link "the new": you changed the phone link app, i was able to connect then 2 or 3 days later i wasnt paying attention to time may have been a couple more but then on 4/4 i lost connection error msg said it was on your site now i cannt get any response trying to load...
  8. Your Phone App: Link your phone to PC not working on new laptop

Your Phone App: Link your phone to PC not working on new laptop: Hi, I just got a new lenovo flex 14 laptop with Windows 10 Home. I am trying to link my phone to my pc but whenever I click "Link Phone", i get an error saying "Something went wrong". I tried restarting my computer, resetting the app, and uninstalling and reinstalling the app...
  9. New phone link to PC option not working for me

New phone link to PC option not working for me: My Phone is the Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus. I've tried several times to link my phone with my PC. At the end of the process it tells me my phone is successfully linked with my PC but it's not. My phone is not listed under the phone settings but it does have the option to...
  10. New phone link to PC option not working for me

New phone link to PC option not working for me: My Phone is the Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus. I've tried several times to link my phone with my PC. At the end of the process it tells me my phone is successfully linked with my PC but it's not. My phone is not listed under the phone settings but it does have the option to...