Windows 10: new phone number

Discus and support new phone number in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have received a new phone number and therefore cannot log in to my micorsoft account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BjarneØstergård, Mar 23, 2020.

1. new phone number

I have received a new phone number and therefore cannot log in to my micorsoft account

:)

BjarneØstergård, Mar 23, 2020
  2. twilyth Win User

Blocking Cell Phone Numbers

Here's one way to get around the problem. It's kludgy but it should work.

Get a VOIP based phone service or a magic jack. For 24/7 access, you're better off with VOIP that uses an ethernet adapter, but that's up to the user.

The important point is to find one that lets you create your own "black list" of callers. Usually they will have both black and white list options and these are usually a subcategory under the "do not disturb" or similar feature.

The provider will usually let you create a second number for $5-10 per month. You'll use this for your cell phone number. If it is ever compromised, you can change it easily without affecting the base number.

Forward the second number to your cell phone and give everyone that one as your "cell phone" number. There will be a delay of a few seconds as calls get routed, but who cares. It's not like any of us is on Obama's speed dial right?

Now when you get assholes calling you, just add them to the black list.

You can also block calls w/o caller id this way if your cell phone co. doesn't already do that for you.

twilyth, Mar 23, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Facebook is using your 2FA phone number to target you with ads

Read more:

Brink, Mar 23, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

new phone number

Facebook is using your 2FA phone number to target you with ads

Read more:

Brink, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

new phone number

1. new phone number - Similar Threads - phone number

2. Why isn’t it adding phone number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why isn’t it adding phone number: when i try to add my phone number it says that there’s a problem with the service. How do i fix it so i can get it to work???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-isnt-it-adding-phone-number/80626470-6488-44d6-9cd3-ba4258a7721a
  3. Why isn’t it adding phone number

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why isn’t it adding phone number: when i try to add my phone number it says that there’s a problem with the service. How do i fix it so i can get it to work???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-isnt-it-adding-phone-number/80626470-6488-44d6-9cd3-ba4258a7721a
  4. Security issue with Skype phone number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security issue with Skype phone number: I have a Skype number and suspect a fraud. Clients are lately telling me it is not working - I tried calling from another number myself, but it never rang and then someone else picked up!! could the calls be redirected to someone misusing my Skype account? I called again and...
  5. Security issue with Skype phone number

Security issue with Skype phone number: I have a Skype number and suspect a fraud. Clients are lately telling me it is not working - I tried calling from another number myself, but it never rang and then someone else picked up!! could the calls be redirected to someone misusing my Skype account? I called again and...
  6. Security issue with Skype phone number

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. No longer access to my phone number for verify your identity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No longer access to my phone number for verify your identity: Hi,I can no longer verify my account with the number associated with the account, and don't have an alternative option. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-longer-access-to-my-phone-number-for-verify/9211f0bc-3121-4cbd-b974-5826539c87f7
  8. No longer access to my phone number for verify your identity

No longer access to my phone number for verify your identity: Hi,I can no longer verify my account with the number associated with the account, and don't have an alternative option. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-longer-access-to-my-phone-number-for-verify/9211f0bc-3121-4cbd-b974-5826539c87f7
  9. Account hacked and email and phone number changed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account hacked and email and phone number changed.: My Microsoft account was hacked and the hacker changed the email and phone number, I've contacted Microsoft and they want to transfer my account files but I feel like it is kind of risky and they don't want to do anything and I have important files on my office365 that I...
  10. Account hacked and email and phone number changed.

Account hacked and email and phone number changed.: My Microsoft account was hacked and the hacker changed the email and phone number, I've contacted Microsoft and they want to transfer my account files but I feel like it is kind of risky and they don't want to do anything and I have important files on my office365 that I...