Windows 10: New photos app difficult to import pics

Discus and support New photos app difficult to import pics in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Trying to import my photos from iphone, the app doesnt sort the pictures by month anymore. How can I solve this? I dont want to manually select 1000s... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Fati23, Dec 2, 2022.

1. Fati23 Win User

New photos app difficult to import pics

Trying to import my photos from iphone, the app doesnt sort the pictures by month anymore. How can I solve this? I dont want to manually select 1000s of photos.

:)

Fati23, Dec 2, 2022
  2. Ruz San Win User

importing photos

Thank you for clearing that out. It looks like you are importing the files using the Photos app. When you import photos using this app, the files get imported into your Pictures library. To view these files, refer to these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • On the list of folders on the left side of the window, click on Pictures. You shall see the photos imported from the SD card using the Photos app.

Another option you have is to import the files solely using File Explorer. Here's how you can do it:

• Connect the SD card into the computer.
    • Launch File Explorer.
    • Click on This PC.
    • Locate your SD card under Devices and drives.
    • Double-click on the SD card.
    • Manually choose which photos to move into your local folders. Right-click on each photo and choose
      Copy (Ctrl + C) then go to the destination folder then right-click on an empty space in the window and select
      Paste (Ctrl + V).
    • If you are importing all the photos, you can press Ctrl + A on the keyboard to select all of the files. Copy then Paste them into the destination folder.
    • If you are importing selective photos, hold the Ctrl key while clicking on the photos you want to copy. This will let you choose a number of photos instead of selecting all of them like what Step 7 suggests.

Once you're able to get the hang of the tricks, importing photos will not be a challenge anymore.

Tell us which method works best for you.

We're here if you need more help.

Ruz San, Dec 2, 2022
  3. importing photos

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties as you are unable to import pictures from your iPhone to the PC using Photos app.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Windows 10 Version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)?
    • Which app/program are you using to import the photos?
    • Did you try different USB cable to connect the iPhone?
    • Does it happens on all the USB port on the PC?
    • Were you able to import photos before using Photos app on the PC?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps if you are using
    Photos app to import the pictures and check.

Step 1: Reset Photos App

1. Press Windows + I key to open Windows
      Settings.
    2. Click on Apps and select
      Apps & feature
      from the left pane.
    3. Scroll and look for the Photos app.
    4. Select the app and click on Advanced
      option.
    5. Click on Reset and once you see a
      tick mark, then relaunch and check.

Step 2:
    Uninstall app using Power shell command

1. Press Windows + X key and select Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    2. Copy and paste this command, then press enter:
      Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | Remove-AppxPackage
    3. Close the PowerShell command and restart the PC.
    4. Reinstall the Photos app from Microsoft Store and check.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Dec 2, 2022
  4. New photos app difficult to import pics

Photos won't import from iPhone to Photos app on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties as you are unable to import pictures from your iPhone to the PC using Photos app.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Windows 10 Version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the version of Photos app installed on the PC?
    • Were you able to import photos before using Photos app on the PC?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check.

Step 1: Reset Photos App

1. Press Windows + I key to open Windows
      Settings.
    2. Click on Apps and select
      Apps & feature
      from the left pane.
    3. Scroll and look for the Photos app.
    4. Select the app and click on Advanced
      option.
    5. Click on Reset and once you see a
      tick mark, then relaunch and check.

Step 2:
    Uninstall app using Power shell command

1. Press Windows + X key and select Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    2. Copy and paste this command, then press enter:
      Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | Remove-AppxPackage
    3. Close the PowerShell command and restart the PC.
    4. Reinstall the Photos app from Microsoft Store and check.

Step 3: New User account

If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account and check, refer this article to
    create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.

You may also refer these articles for additional help:

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Import photos and videos from phone to PC

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to leave a

Feedback
    for this issue and provide us the Feedback Hub link so that our developer team can look into this issue.

Steps to share the Feedback Hub link:

1. After submitting the feedback on Feedback Hub, go to the Feedback section of the app.
    2. Select the My feedback tab to see your feedback.
    3. Select the feedback and then click Share.
    4. Once you click on share, a link will be generated like
      https://aka.ms/*****
    5. Click on Copy link and then paste the link in your reply to this message.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Dec 2, 2022
Thema:

New photos app difficult to import pics

1. New photos app difficult to import pics - Similar Threads - photos app difficult

2. Imported pics are missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Imported pics are missing: I imported pics and videos from iPhone to Win11 Photos app using lightning to USB into my desktop.Not all of them were imported, although many were, but even those that have been cannot be found. They are visible in Photos app under "All" but do not appear in any of the...
  3. Imported pics are missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Imported pics are missing: I imported pics and videos from iPhone to Win11 Photos app using lightning to USB into my desktop.Not all of them were imported, although many were, but even those that have been cannot be found. They are visible in Photos app under "All" but do not appear in any of the...
  4. New photos app difficult to import pics

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New photos app difficult to import pics: Trying to import my photos from iphone, the app doesnt sort the pictures by month anymore. How can I solve this? I dont want to manually select 1000s of photos....
  5. Photos app limiting imports to 100 pics

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos app limiting imports to 100 pics: My mom recently got a new computer Windows 11, so I was trying to back up her iPhone photos/vids to the windows app. All 4,000 of them. She has always just plugged in and started the backup to the photos album not OneDrive and selected to import all photos not previously...
  6. Photos app limiting imports to 100 pics

Photos app limiting imports to 100 pics: My mom recently got a new computer Windows 11, so I was trying to back up her iPhone photos/vids to the windows app. All 4,000 of them. She has always just plugged in and started the backup to the photos album not OneDrive and selected to import all photos not previously...
  7. Importing one iphone pic yields two different versions of that pic in Microsoft Photos app

Importing one iphone pic yields two different versions of that pic in Microsoft Photos app: When I import for example 10 iphone pictures into my Photosapp on a Windows 10 PC, I see not 10 but rather 20 photos on the PC, includingin File Explorer. The difference between each pair of otherwise identicalphotos seems to be degrees of light vs dark or maybe color hues,...
  8. MS Photos: Imported pics not going into month folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MS Photos: Imported pics not going into month folder: After yesterday's Windows 10 update 2004?, photos imported from my camera aren't going into the appropriate month folder 2020-12. Have I lost a setting or has this feature been discontinued? System up to date except for optional quality update....
  9. Importing pics.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Importing pics.: I have a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10. I am trying to import some pics from an external hard drive to my laptop. The pics are showing but not staying on the laptop. Can someone help in laymans terms as I am a technophobe. Andy...
  10. Photos app not importing

Photos app not importing: Ive used the photos app in the past and its worked all the time. Now whenever i try to import photos from my iphone and ipad it says “something went wrong”. It does not have an error code. i have tried changing the port that the cable is in, ive changed the cables, ive...