Windows 10: New Photos.DLC.Main Add-on for Photos app in Windows 10

Discus and support New Photos.DLC.Main Add-on for Photos app in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft's update servers began pushing out a mysterious new app recently, and the unexpected arrival is stirring up suspicion and anger among some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

New Photos.DLC.Main Add-on for Photos app in Windows 10

Read more: Microsoft's mystery update arouses anger, suspicion among Windows 10 users | ZDNet

:)

Brink, Oct 11, 2017

2. Story Remix features/ Create button absent on photos app

I am now using RS4 build 17083. My Photos App version is latest 2018.18011.13438.0. , updated just while ago. I am on insider Fast ring. The create features is missing in the photos app for a while. When I updated to 1709 it was there. Then one day I found
    out there is no Create option showing in the app. I restarted my laptop but nothing changed. Then I went to settings>apps>photos> in there PHOTOS.DLC.MAIN was shown to be installed, but the create option was gone. So I reset my app twice but the create option
    didn't appeared and also the PHOTOS.DLC.MAIN was now not showing there in settings. CAN YOU HELP ME HOW TO GET IT BACK? IN STORE I CAN'T FIND PHOTOS ADD-ON. I AM FROM INDIA. I NEED THE FEATURE VERY BADLY

Supriya Pan, Oct 11, 2017
  3. Is the "Recommended" music in the Microsoft Photos app royalty free?

After investigating this a bit further, I have found that the music tracks seem to be associated with a Microsoft Photos add-on. When the add-on is not present, Photos has a single music track in the Recommended Music column. When the add-on is installed,
    Photos lists 31 music tracks in the Recommended Music column. This is the behavior I see uninstalling and then re-installing the add-on. The add-on is listed as "Photos.DLC.Main" in the Photos entry in the Windows "Apps and Features" list. So, as far as I
    can tell, this music does seem to come from Microsoft, so I guess I'm back to my original question about whether there are any restrictions on it's non-commercial use. Thanks.

BenParker5, Oct 11, 2017
  4. dencal Win User

The new Photo App for me has been a bit of a letdown, not only does it load up from Onedrive it installs in triplicate whether you like it or not...This of course is using up extra resources
    Trying to delete the two extra duplicated unwanted pictures gives a message "this will delete all copies in One drive"
    As I do not store photos in Pictures to save Hard Drive space....they being stored in Onedrive and backed up in a separate caddy.
    Decided that as far as I was concerned this was both a waste of storage space and an unwanted app, so uninstalled.
    Fortunately my Pictures in Onedrive remained intact.

dencal, Oct 11, 2017
  5. sygnus21 Win User
    Hmmm, I just checked my Photo app and I don't have this DLC. And Windows just did an update yesterday. Current Win version 1703, Build 15063.674 (non insider). Just checked my laptop and it doesn't have it either. Same Windows build.

sygnus21, Oct 12, 2017
  6. This is confusing. Neither of my machines list/have this add in. Should it be automatically pushed? Or do we have to download it in store. I had a quick look earlier for the add in on the store but didn’t find it. Maybe I need do search a bit more thoroughly but it’s not obvious

cheers
    Wayne

Scottyboy99, Oct 23, 2017
  7. Edwin New Member
    It seems the Add-on gives you access to pre-fab MS music, themes and 3D effects.

New Photos.DLC.Main Add-on for Photos app in Windows 10 [​IMG]

If you uninstall the add-on, the extras are no longer accessible,

however, the add-on will re-install itself moments later!!! *Confused
    (Okay MS!?!?!?, whats the point!?!?!?) *really

Edwin, Oct 23, 2017
  8. New Photos.DLC.Main Add-on for Photos app in Windows 10

Hi,

Did you have to find it in store to download the add in or did it just push automatically?

9. Edwin New Member
    It installs automatically.

Edwin, Oct 23, 2017
  10. Edwin New Member
    Tried 'Signing Out' of the Photos App and uninstalling,

... it just re-installs it moments later!

(They're such an indispensable set of video creation tools!) *really

(Jeez MS! Whats with the cheezy Fisher-Price Toy Apps!?) *Confused

Edwin, Oct 23, 2017
  11. I did not get it, maybe you have to be on 16299.19.

Josey Wales, Oct 23, 2017
  12. Hi Josey, I am running that version of windows. I guess we are just not on Microsoft’s VIP list! It’s a shame because it looks quite a useful add on which may breathe life into what I thought was a poor app

13. New Photos.DLC.Main Add-on for Photos app in Windows 10

If you do not want it just delete Photos, and Use Windows Photo Viewer. It can't update something you do not have...

14. Edwin New Member
    If you have access to extra music, 3D effects, etc., you've got the add-on.
    I'm on 17004.1000 and 16299.19, I have it on both.

Edwin, Oct 23, 2017
  15. I am on The CU and I use AIMP. The FCU will not come out of sleep on my PC.

Thema:

1. New Photos.DLC.Main Add-on for Photos app in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Photos DLC Main

2. New photo app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New photo app: Desktop computer - 64 bit - Windows 10I hate the new photo app!!! There was nothing wrong with the old one!! There is a very long list of my "recent" photos in the new app and this invades my privacy as anyone using my computer can just click on the photo app and then click...
  3. New photo app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New photo app: Desktop computer - 64 bit - Windows 10I hate the new photo app!!! There was nothing wrong with the old one!! There is a very long list of my "recent" photos in the new app and this invades my privacy as anyone using my computer can just click on the photo app and then click...
  4. New Photo App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Photo App: Hello,The new photo app has some interesting features, however, it is full of a bugs, and unfortunately there is no way to easily import photos from my iPhone to my OneDrive. Let me explainOption 1: Connect your iPhone to your PC to import picture- Connect and authorize ==>...
  5. How to add simple text to photos in photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add simple text to photos in photos app: Hi there, How do I add a simple text caption to a photo in the Windows photo app?I see there are options to add 3D effects, mark ups, motion text, videos, slideshows, filters, etc. however I cannot see the most basic option for a static 2D text box anywhere.Given this is such...
  6. How to add simple text to photos in photos app

How to add simple text to photos in photos app: Hi there, How do I add a simple text caption to a photo in the Windows photo app?I see there are options to add 3D effects, mark ups, motion text, videos, slideshows, filters, etc. however I cannot see the most basic option for a static 2D text box anywhere.Given this is such...
  7. Google Photos adds new Cinematic photos and more

in Windows 10 News
    Google Photos adds new Cinematic photos and more: The holidays are always a great time to reflect on what really matters—for me, that’s my family, both near and back home in Europe. With Memories in Google Photos, I'm able to relive the moments—big and small—I've shared with my...
  8. How to add new Folder locations in Photos app on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to add new Folder locations in Photos app on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]As a fairly adaptable operating system, Windows has always had a dedicated way of browsing and viewing photos. In Windows 10 as well, Microsoft decided to amalgamate browsing, organizing, and viewing all together in one application and the end-result is [...]...
  9. Organising photos in the new windows photo app.

Organising photos in the new windows photo app.: Hi, please can I ask if anyone knows how I Can create a gallery, like the old windows live photo gallery in the new windows photo app? It was just a really easy way to organise and edit photos and I would like to create something similar....
  10. Add music to Photo App

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Add music to Photo App: Help me to add a music file to the Microsoft Windows 10 photo app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-music-to-photo-app/c6df50b5-c375-402c-9a4c-8817ba12a500"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Photos.DLC.Mediaengine

2. photos.DLC.main

3. photos.dlc.main app download

4. Photos.DLC,
  5. photos dlc main,
  6. what is photos.DLC.MediaEngine,
  7. photos dlc,
  8. photos.dlc main,
  9. photos.dlc.media.engine,
  10. microsoft download photos dlc,
  11. photos dlc addon,