Windows 10: New Pop-Up: Real or Fake?

Discus and support New Pop-Up: Real or Fake? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I've been using an Acer laptop for some time now running Windows 10, and Kaspersky and Google Chrome are some notable applications. Recently I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by WH1092, Oct 8, 2020.

1. WH1092 Win User

New Pop-Up: Real or Fake?

Hello, I've been using an Acer laptop for some time now running Windows 10, and Kaspersky and Google Chrome are some notable applications. Recently I began receiving two pop-ups while on Chrome warning me of not having wifi and telling me my wifi has been restored. Notably, I have only seen it while on Facebook pages so I wondered if it was a newer Facebook feature. I was looking to find out if these pop-ups were legitimate or if I should be worried they are part of some adware/malware. I will provide a more detailed description of the two messages below. Thank you and please get back to me at your earliest convenience.

Message 1 No Wifi: A small black message box is displayed in the bottom right corner of the page. From left to right it displays a wifi icon with a line through it Grey Color, a message reading "You are currently offline." White Color, a message reading "Refresh" Blue Color, and a Grey circle with a White X in it Meant to close the message.

Message 2 Wifi: A small black message box is displayed in the bottom right corner of the page. From left to right it displays a wifi icon Green Color, a message reading "Your internet connection was restored." White Color, and a Grey circle with a White X in it Meant to close the message.

:)

WH1092, Oct 8, 2020

2. YOUR COMPUTER HAS BEEN BLOCKED - Real or Fake?!

As already mentioned:

All these kind of pop-ups/alerts are fake warnings - scams. Never ever call these numbers.

Please read:
    Beware of Phony Tech Support Scams

Normally you just close your browser:
    https://blog.malwarebytes.com/threat-analysis/2014/11/psa-tech-support-scams-pop-ups-on-the-rise/

You might want to run a quick scan with your Anti-Virus program.

In case you keep on getting these fake alerts:

Follow the steps provided here: Remove Tech Support Scam pop-up (Call For Support Scam)

Suggestion to read:

You might want to report this to Microsoft (but you don't have to):
    http://support.microsoft.com/reportascam

and you might want to watch:

Fake Tech Support Scams – video from the MS Digital Crimes Unit

Jsssssssss, Oct 8, 2020
  3. Randy_879 Win User
    Randy_879, Oct 8, 2020
  4. elisapeta Win User

nokia n95 8gb - real or a fake?

hi. just curious as to why the IMEI number has been deleted? i thought that if you have the IMEI number that it can help verify if this phone is real or fake.

in regards to the version firmware that is in this phone, is it the latest? the seller claims that the phone is brand new and unused. is this true?

ps. what programmes and software should i be looking for in a real nokia n95 8gb? which programmes and software are missing from the fake nokia n95 8gb?

cheers.

Message Edited by on 06-Aug-2008 10:42 PM

elisapeta, Oct 8, 2020
Thema:

1. New Pop-Up: Real or Fake? - Similar Threads - Pop Real Fake

2. the pop-ups are real...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    the pop-ups are real...: [ATTACH] context: Microsoft made a post a while ago about fullscreen pop-ups for windows 10 that ask you to upgrade to windows 11. thankfully you can stick with windows 10 though :) just thought i'd get this out there and prove it's actually real (i don't know what to...
  3. fake virus infection pop ups

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    fake virus infection pop ups: I am getting many pop-ups saying my PC is infected by a virus. I never click them on. And it happens before I go to the internet. So, I suspect it is some kind of malware. Windows defender scan says no infection. The keystroke is slow, too. What do I have to do?...
  4. fake virus infection pop ups

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    fake virus infection pop ups: I am getting many pop-ups saying my PC is infected by a virus. I never click them on. And it happens before I go to the internet. So, I suspect it is some kind of malware. Windows defender scan says no infection. The keystroke is slow, too. What do I have to do?...
  5. fake virus infection pop ups

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Fake Pop-ups.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Fake Pop-ups.: I've been getting pop-ups from a website called youtubecenter.net, and it says I have a virus. I tried scanning my device through Windows Security and it said that I didn't have any. Is there a way I can remove these pop-ups? I've looked at some other posts saying that they...
  7. real &fake

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    real &fake: Hello, i am from Bihar & mainly now a days i am getting very much problem to operate this window 8 & also to install any app. After i am getting notification that windows 8 is not running properly for this PC so, i want to that you have to upgrade your PC to windows 10....
  8. Fake or Real Technikal Support

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fake or Real Technikal Support: Hello, my name is George If Technical Support agent ask you for phone number, country, region, name or chat whit you from edge or mozzila ... Is that legal ?...
  9. Notice of Update Real or Fake

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notice of Update Real or Fake: Keep getting a notice stating there is an update for Windows 10 and to pick of the three boxes, either remind me, or pick a date or (sorry can't remember third box. Is this a legitimate update or scam?? Thanks CD...
  10. is it real or fake

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    is it real or fake: when I log on a full fake Microsoft page telling me to call this number 855-873-5608 this has to be a scam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/is-it-real-or-fake/c057a8a0-6f50-4fdc-acc2-602c9a883af5

Users found this page by searching for:

1. your internet connection was restored message

2. internet connection restored pop up