Windows 10: New Pop-UP

Discus and support New Pop-UP in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My tablet is an Acer Aspire, Switch 11 with W10. Recently, when the unit is idle for 30-40 seconds the screen goes black and this message appears in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by eaf14131, Mar 6, 2017.

1. eaf14131 Win User

New Pop-UP

My tablet is an Acer Aspire, Switch 11 with W10.
    Recently, when the unit is idle for 30-40 seconds the screen goes black and this message appears in white lettering:
    "There are no pictures in C:\Users\EA\Dropbox\Documents\PhtoAztec"

I've tried taking a screen shot to enclose, but to no avail.

A tap of any key closes the pop-up. I have, in turn, deleted Aztec (picture of an airplane), Document (fro the Dropbox folder), and finally, uninstalled the Dropbox program.

It still pops-up.

Any ideas will be appreated
    Elliott

:)

eaf14131, Mar 6, 2017
  2. whitezye Win User

new window pop up

Windows Driver Optimizer

is this real or the virus trying to reinstall? it keeps popping up.

whitezye, Mar 6, 2017
  3. new window pop up

Hi,

For us to check on this, are you getting this prompt whenever you visit a specific website using Internet Explorer? To make sure that you computer is protected from any virus or malwares, try checking this:

Popular Virus & malware downloads

Keep us posted.

Michelle Mad, Mar 6, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

New Pop-UP

Hi, possibility: might be being indexed by Photos?
    Try Photos, Folders, Choose where to look.

Just an idea... the fact it occurs when idle suggests some sort of activity which only occurs when idle e.g. backup, sync or indexing.

You could also try running Sysinternals ProcMon to capture events, starting just before you leave the PC idle, then look to see what was running. The log is long, but you should be able to identify that particular path in it.

dalchina, Mar 6, 2017
  5. eaf14131 Win User
    Dalchina

Thanks for the reply. Didn't quite understand the first two paragraphs, but did download Sysinternals ProcMon , Went through the links twice with no joy. Most pf the C"/Users were for One Drive. I cleaned that out, but I'm sill getting the pop-up. I'll keep trying

eaf14131, Mar 6, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    If you have configured albums in Photos, it indexes the locations to keep these up to date.

In general, Windows search indexing (and hopefully Photos albums indexing) occurs when your PC is IDLE. That's so indexing doesn't slow your PC- it stops when you start to use it. And that's when your problem occurs. So, therefore, as your problem occurs when your PC is idle, it could possibly be due to something that uniquely happens when yuor PC is idle. What happens when your PC is idle? Indexing.

Therefore your popup might be related to some sort of index operation. QED.

dalchina, Mar 6, 2017
  7. Bastet Win User
    Sounds like you have a photo screensaver enabled which is set to show photos from that folder, open the themes>screensaver>picture/photo screensaver> change the pictures folder to one with the pictures you want to use, if you don't wish to use a screensaver change the screensaver to none.

Bastet, Mar 6, 2017
  8. eaf14131 Win User

New Pop-UP

That did it. Or, a variation. I changed desktop the background pic ad the poo-up stopped.

Thanks to you both

Elliott

eaf14131, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

New Pop-UP

1. New Pop-UP - Similar Threads - Pop

2. ONE OF MY COMPUTERS JUST HAD A POP UP MESSAGE SAYING THAT MY IP ADDRESS HAS BEEN...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ONE OF MY COMPUTERS JUST HAD A POP UP MESSAGE SAYING THAT MY IP ADDRESS HAS BEEN...: ONE OF MY COMPUTERS JUST HAD A POP UP MESSAGE SAYING THAT MY IP ADDRESS HAS BEEN COMPROMISED AND TO CALL MICROSOFT AT THIS NUMBER: 1-844-654-0177. IS THIS A LIGATIMATE MESSAGE FROM MICROSOFT?...
  3. ONE OF MY COMPUTERS JUST HAD A POP UP MESSAGE SAYING THAT MY IP ADDRESS HAS BEEN...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ONE OF MY COMPUTERS JUST HAD A POP UP MESSAGE SAYING THAT MY IP ADDRESS HAS BEEN...: ONE OF MY COMPUTERS JUST HAD A POP UP MESSAGE SAYING THAT MY IP ADDRESS HAS BEEN COMPROMISED AND TO CALL MICROSOFT AT THIS NUMBER: 1-844-654-0177. IS THIS A LIGATIMATE MESSAGE FROM MICROSOFT?...
  4. Every time I log onto my computer, Microsoft Edge pops up - how do I stop it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time I log onto my computer, Microsoft Edge pops up - how do I stop it?: I don't even use Microsoft Edge and I've tried just about everything to make it stop popping up but nothing seems to work. It even happens when I log on at a place with no wifi and just enters a blank page. This new computer is otherwise great but very annoying....
  5. Every time I log onto my computer, Microsoft Edge pops up - how do I stop it?

Every time I log onto my computer, Microsoft Edge pops up - how do I stop it?: I don't even use Microsoft Edge and I've tried just about everything to make it stop popping up but nothing seems to work. It even happens when I log on at a place with no wifi and just enters a blank page. This new computer is otherwise great but very annoying....
  6. My hp elitebook 840 g6 sim tray does not pop out, please what should i do to pop it open?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My hp elitebook 840 g6 sim tray does not pop out, please what should i do to pop it open?: My hp elitebook 840 g6 sim tray does not pop out, please what should i do to pop it open? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hp-elitebook-840-g6-sim-tray-does-not-pop-out/59209177-3a00-48c6-8109-a8784e66b5c0
  7. My hp elitebook 840 g6 sim tray does not pop out, please what should i do to pop it open?

My hp elitebook 840 g6 sim tray does not pop out, please what should i do to pop it open?: My hp elitebook 840 g6 sim tray does not pop out, please what should i do to pop it open? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hp-elitebook-840-g6-sim-tray-does-not-pop-out/59209177-3a00-48c6-8109-a8784e66b5c0
  8. How to remove pop ups sign in Microsoft family safety account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove pop ups sign in Microsoft family safety account.: In my son's computer is coming all the time a pop up window asking to sign in his Microsoft account. That is happening in the last 2 days. Obviously is not an option to remove my son from the family because I use it to control times, until now everything was working perfectly...
  9. How to remove pop ups sign in Microsoft family safety account.

How to remove pop ups sign in Microsoft family safety account.: In my son's computer is coming all the time a pop up window asking to sign in his Microsoft account. That is happening in the last 2 days. Obviously is not an option to remove my son from the family because I use it to control times, until now everything was working perfectly...
  10. Stop the Family Feature Pop Up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop the Family Feature Pop Up: Microsoft already told me to to the following. I have tried them, but they do not work. Microsoft Family Features do not show up. Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.Type "netplwiz" and press Enter.In the User Accounts window, select your account and uncheck...