Windows 10: New Powershell 7.0.0 RC3 released

Discus and support New Powershell 7.0.0 RC3 released in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Note: There is an issue when installing the powershell-lts packages side by side with the powershell packages. Please see: #11924 Breaking Changes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Brink Win User

New Powershell 7.0.0 RC3 released

Read more: https://github.com/PowerShell/PowerS...ag/v7.0.0-rc.3

:)

Brink, Feb 23, 2020
  2. Pinscher Win User

Raid 0 help

Hi all, I've followed the IRST raid installation directions and I have created myself a Raid 0 volume. Rapid storage confirms my successful migration from a system disc to a raid 0 array. I'm also able to select it as my boot device in BIOS, but what I don't understand is why it is not listed in my Drives under my computer

In fact, my computer still lists my original C: drive with the original capacity. I feel as if I've miss an important step here and I'm unsure how to proceed.

Pinscher, Feb 23, 2020
  3. Aquinus Win User
    Raid 0 help

You need to resize your NTFS partition. Run (Super + R; the run dialog box) and execute "diskmgmt.msc". You'll see that your RAID-0 is only partitioned to half of the array's size. Converting a disk to RAID doesn't do anything to the size of your partitions.

Aquinus, Feb 23, 2020
  4. malware Win User

Intel Updates Core 2 Quad Q9550 to E-0 Stepping

We continue our Monday news list with another Intel story that brings to our attention information concerning the company and more specificly its 2.83GHz Core 2 Quad Q9550 chips that will move from the current C-1 to the newer E-0 stepping. The updated chips will start selling on August 22nd, featuring the following changes:
    • New SSpec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • CPUID will change from 0x10677 to 0x1067A
    • Package change to Halide free package
    Apart from that, the new stepping CPUs will not include any other changes. Of course, like most new stepping parts a BIOS update will be needed.

Product Change Notification 108663 - 00

Source: TechConnect Magazine

malware, Feb 23, 2020
Thema:

1. New Powershell 7.0.0 RC3 released - Similar Threads - Powershell RC3 released

2. How to "set-mppreference -ThreatIDDefaultAction_Actions 0" in powershell?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to "set-mppreference -ThreatIDDefaultAction_Actions 0" in powershell?: I think my pc got affected with virus and now when I checked "Get-MpPreference" in powershell - ThreatIDDefaultAction_Actions & ThreatIDDefaultAction_Ids is shown as:ThreatIDDefaultAction_Actions : {6, 6, 6, 6...} ThreatIDDefaultAction_Ids : {2147735503, 2147735735,...
  3. How to "set-mppreference -ThreatIDDefaultAction_Actions 0" in powershell?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to "set-mppreference -ThreatIDDefaultAction_Actions 0" in powershell?: After getting infected with a virus, it changed a lot of my Defender settings.I want to restore everything in "get-mppreference" to default, if you know a way to do it, that would be great, which I ran "Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.SecHealthUI -AllUsers Reset-AppxPackage" but...
  4. PowerShell 7.1.0 preview 7 released

in Windows 10 News
    PowerShell 7.1.0 preview 7 released: Breaking Changes Fix $? to not be $false when native command writes to stderr (#13395) Engine Updates and Fixes Initial work of the subsystem plugin model (for minimal powershell) (#13186) Optimize GetSystemLockdownPolicy for non-lockdown scenarios (#13438) General...
  5. RAID 0 is myth / RAID 0 is not possible / RAID 0 is a lie / RAID 0 is not possible on...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAID 0 is myth / RAID 0 is not possible / RAID 0 is a lie / RAID 0 is not possible on...: Hello, I am interested to know if RAID 0 exists or not? I have an external HDD drive which states RAID 0 is possible. However, I am not sure if RAID 0 is possible or not. There are no softwares which promotes RAID 0 creation. I have tried everything and I do not believe in...
  6. New Powershell 7.0.0 RC2 released

in Windows 10 News
    New Powershell 7.0.0 RC2 released: Note: There is a known issue with WinRM-based remoting on Debian 10 and 11 when using Basic authentication with HTTPS. We are currently investigating this problem and try to address it for PowerShell 7 GA. Breaking Changes Use ISOWeek for week numbers in Get-Date...
  7. Srttrial.txt 0×0 error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Srttrial.txt 0×0 error: When i go advanced settings and repair windows from loadind i get this error..and when i open the file it says hdd errors 0×0 long page..how i fix that?i tried to put every command in cmd doesnt help..and tried many youtube guides ..i thought the prob was on hdd so i bought...
  8. Transaction Failed error 0-0-2-0--6008

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Transaction Failed error 0-0-2-0--6008: Hi, While trying to buy from Windows store I got an "Transaction Failed error 0-0-2-0--6008" message. Any idea how to resolve this? Vijay. [ATTACH]...
  9. The Next Release of PowerShell - PowerShell 7

in Windows 10 News
    The Next Release of PowerShell - PowerShell 7: Recently, the PowerShell Team shipped the Generally Available (GA) release of PowerShell Core 6.2. Since that release, we’ve already begun work on the next iteration! We’re calling the next release PowerShell 7, the reasons for which will be explained in this blog post. Why...
  10. Storage Spaces - trying to create a Raid 0 with Powershell

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage Spaces - trying to create a Raid 0 with Powershell: My problem is pretty simple, I set up a 2 X 960 Evo SSD simple volume with Storage Spaces and performance was no better than using the drives singly. Some research seems to say that using the Storage Spaces gui in Win 10 only sets the columns to 1 when what I need is 2....