Windows 10: new printer will print not scan

Discus and support new printer will print not scan in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Just got a new Canon Pixma TS5060, have downloaded canon IJ scan utility, which throws up the scanning choices but when I try to choose any choice... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by leek2, Apr 15, 2020.

1. leek2 Win User

new printer will print not scan

Just got a new Canon Pixma TS5060, have downloaded canon IJ scan utility, which throws up the scanning choices but when I try to choose any choice get message which reads

you do not have the required privileges to access the specified folder. code:9,244,3

OR if I right click as administrator, it will scan and just as it is finishing…. Internal error accrued code 9, 202, 3

Please help

Thanks lee ps the driver is fine latest and working

:)

leek2, Apr 15, 2020
  2. Jan123 Win User

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Apr 15, 2020
  3. slim142 Win User
    Can't "Scan To" from printer. Please help!

The scenenario is the following:

We have multiple subnets in our network. One of them is the security one which is 10.224.2.xxx

Computer A is connected directly into it. Ethernet cable comes out of the wall and goes into her Intel NIC.

Computer B is also connected directly into it. However, ethernet cable comes out of the wall, goes into a dock and then through the USB cable, gets internet.

Computer C is connected to our wireless security network which is 10.224.4.xxx
    This computer is allowed on the firewall to talk to 10.224.2.xxx

All three computer have Webroot SecureAnywhere installed. The printer is an EPSON Workforce WF-4640. IP is 10.224.2.122 / 255.255.254.0 / 10.224.2.1 gateway / no iPV6 / 192.168.50.18 & .19 are DNS's. Printer has static IP.

I proceeded to install the drivers on all three computers. Here is where the problem comes.

Computer A installs just fine. Finds the printer on the subnet and completes installation. I can print and scan FROM the computer. I can also scan FROM the printer. When I go to "Document Capture Pro", I can see scan to: COMPUTER A on the list.

Computer B also installs just fine. Finds the printer and completes the installation. I can print and scan FROM the computer, but I cannot scan FROM the printer. It just wont list COMPUTER B at all!. I tried plugging the ethernet cable directly into the laptop, but still, the printer will not show computer B in the scan to list.

Computer C the same story, but worse. I cannot finish the installation properly because it will not find the printer. It is obviously on a different subnet, but it will not let me type in the address so I just cancel the printer finder part. I manually go to control panel and adjust the IP parameters. Same thing, I can print and scan from the computer but cannot scan FROM the printer. It will not list Computer C in the list.

I have tripled checked the EPSON Scan software on each PC. Each has the IP parameters set properly. I have spent days installing and reinstalling drivers, but no luck. Printer has updated firmware. I tried disabling Windows firewall, nothing.
    At first I wanted to think it was Webroot, since there is a review on Amazon from a guy that had the same problem, but using Norton. However, how come Computer A works just fine?
    When I though it was the dock, I quickly found out it was not as explained in Computer B when I plugged it directly.

At this point, Im running out of ideas. Im not even sure where else to go.

slim142, Apr 15, 2020
  4. new printer will print not scan

Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

new printer will print not scan

1. new printer will print not scan - Similar Threads - printer print scan

2. Why is Pantum printer not scanning but prints normally?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Pantum printer not scanning but prints normally?: I am using a Pantum printer of the M6500 Series M6502 to be precise. I have the respective driver for it. I've uninstalled and re-downloaded it multiple times with no success. The driver gives you an app based on your printer model. Since mine is the M6502, I put that in and...
  3. Why is Pantum printer not scanning but prints normally?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Pantum printer not scanning but prints normally?: I am using a Pantum printer of the M6500 Series M6502 to be precise. I have the respective driver for it. I've uninstalled and re-downloaded it multiple times with no success. The driver gives you an app based on your printer model. Since mine is the M6502, I put that in and...
  4. Why is Pantum printer not scanning but prints normally?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Microsoft Windows has broken printing and scanning capabilities even with new printers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Windows has broken printing and scanning capabilities even with new printers: Sadly, I have no faith in any of the major companies any more, especially Microsoft. The greed and lack of business ethics is too overwhelming and disgusting. It's still one of the richest companies in the world and they have maneuvered and manipulated to the position where...
  6. Cannon printer no longer printing or scanning

Cannon printer no longer printing or scanning: I have a Cannon MG3200 series printer/scanner, which has worked with no problems until October 2020 On the 13th October, I printed out a bank statement & some other documents. Since then, I have not been able to print anything!!! When I try to print a document, it goes...
  7. Printer refuses print or scan

Printer refuses print or scan: Using a usb printer from recent years on my old framework having windows 8 introduced yet now on new work PC windows 10 installed on it I can't print or scan. [Brother HL- B2000D] PC works fine on my office printer however on my home printer it don't work. CD...
  8. Brother printer no longer prints, but it will scan.

Brother printer no longer prints, but it will scan.: Brother told me to delete 10 software updates KB 4560960 and KB 4557957 to get my printer to work again. Is this true? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printer-no-longer-prints-but-it-will-scan/3e4ed02b-fba5-47c2-b84c-db91caffdf37
  9. Epson Printer will print but not scan

Epson Printer will print but not scan: My Epson will print but not scan & I've tried many to the "fix its" but for some reason it's still not working. I truly need some suggestions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/epson-printer-will-print-but-not-scan/4a5644c6-f51d-420c-ad2e-1249b0084fa6
  10. Hp printer prints but doesn't scan

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hp printer prints but doesn't scan: My Hp printer prints any file, photo, but doesn't scan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-printer-prints-but-doesnt-scan/4836ff7f-2d31-4c5e-844b-ca612cd81524

Users found this page by searching for:

1. epson printer will not let me scan