Windows 10: New Problem - Outlook 2010 Links Not Opening

Discus and support New Problem - Outlook 2010 Links Not Opening in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Sorry, I searched but did not see another thread on this topic. This just started today, maybe after a reboot. Up until today, when I clicked on a... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Gator5000e, Sep 3, 2015.

1. New Problem - Outlook 2010 Links Not Opening

Sorry, I searched but did not see another thread on this topic.

This just started today, maybe after a reboot. Up until today, when I clicked on a hyper link in an email, the link location would open in Firefox, my default browser. Now all of a sudden, nothing at all is happening when I click on a link in an email.

Any ideas on how to fix this would be appreciated. Thanks.

:)

Gator5000e, Sep 3, 2015
  2. denmarfl Win User

"Send link by email" doesn't open Outlook 2010 after upgrade to 1709

Today my PC was updated ........."Feature update to Windows 10, version 1709 build 16299.19"

Prior to this Update I could open IE11, go to a website, go to the File Menu, select SEND.."Link by E-mail", Outlook 2010 would open and the link would be Pre-Filled into a new Outlook email.

After this Update today, when I click on SEND...Link by email...Outlook does NOT open.

Is this a glitch or, security update in this New Window 10 Update is now blocking "Link by E-Mail".

* Original title: Windows 10; Internet Explorer

denmarfl, Sep 3, 2015
  3. SharpyNZ Win User
    How do you want to open this?

Thanks, I followed the link and used the 2nd option (open in a new tab) and it worked with all hyperlinks in Outlook 2010 emails. Still think it is a conspiracy to make us use Edge!!

SharpyNZ, Sep 3, 2015
  4. New Problem - Outlook 2010 Links Not Opening

Never mind, a reboot seems to have fixed the problem. Sorry. Delete the thread if necessary,

Gator5000e, Sep 3, 2015
Thema:

New Problem - Outlook 2010 Links Not Opening

1. New Problem - Outlook 2010 Links Not Opening - Similar Threads - Problem Outlook 2010

2. Outlook-2010 problem in Windows-10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook-2010 problem in Windows-10: Hello, Since upgraded to ‘10’, I do have some rare issues; Outlook 2010 did work fine on ‘Windows-7 Professional 32bit Eng’. However, I due to medical reason, I did have to upgrade to ‘10’. Using ‘Pro’ 64bit English. It did work fine, UNTILL ! ……......opening the ‘Options’ in...
  3. Outlook-2010 problem in Windows-10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook-2010 problem in Windows-10: Hello, Since upgraded to ‘10’, I do have some rare issues; Outlook 2010 did work fine on ‘Windows-7 Professional 32bit Eng’. However, I due to medical reason, I did have to upgrade to ‘10’. Using ‘Pro’ 64bit English. It did work fine, UNTILL ! ……......opening the ‘Options’ in...
  4. Outlook 2010 is preventing the use of links

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2010 is preventing the use of links: I run up-to-date Windows 10 (2004) on a PC. I am still using Office 2010. Since yesterday (30th August, 2020) I have been unable to use any links which occur in my received emails - I could before. When I click on any link I get this message: "This operation has been...
  5. Opening Outlook 2010

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening Outlook 2010: when I open outlook 2010 in windows 10 the install starts (already installed) it asks for a disk with mscomctfix on it, can't find it, so I cancel the process and it closes then open outlook anyway. Usually starts after a windows update. Tried to repair office 10 with the...
  6. Outlook 2010 will not open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook 2010 will not open: I get the following error message: "Cannot open your default email folders. Outlook cannot start because a data file to send and recieve message cannot be found. Check your settings in this Microsoft Outlook profile. In Microsoft Windows, click the Start button, and then...
  7. Microsoft Outlook 2010 problem

Microsoft Outlook 2010 problem: I am constantly getting a request to enter my username and password when trying to use Outlook 2010. Even after entering what I think is the correct password, (I have tried others just in case I have got it wrong but I am pretty certain I am not wrong) I still get the...
  8. Cannot Open Hyperlinks Outlook 2010

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot Open Hyperlinks Outlook 2010: I have scoured the Internet, tried a variety of things, but none have fixed an inability to open a hyperlink in Outlook 2010. I believe this started when I uninstalled Firefox and Adobe Acrobat Reader temporarily. Upon clicking on a hyperlink in an e-mail in Outlook 2010,...
  9. Outlook 2010 Keeps Asking How to Open Email Web Links

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2010 Keeps Asking How to Open Email Web Links: After the upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Outlook 2010 keeps asking how to open web links embedded in email messages. I select Internet Explore (not Microsoft Edge) and check "Always Use this App" but each time I get the prompt. Does anyone have any suggestions? 13606
  10. "Sharing" links with Outlook 2010

"Sharing" links with Outlook 2010: So I've upgraded to Windows 10 successfully and everything seems to be working properly (except Cortana, but that's deliberate.) One annoyance I'm experiencing is that while the various built-in Modern/Metro apps have a "Share" button, Outlook 2010 is not recognized as a...