Windows 10: New problem with Acer monitor and desktop.

Discus and support New problem with Acer monitor and desktop. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For the past 2 days, my mom's Acer desktop that is listed in my specs is having issues with the monitor not waking up and the tower not entering into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jesse Williams, Dec 10, 2017.

1. New problem with Acer monitor and desktop.

For the past 2 days, my mom's Acer desktop that is listed in my specs is having issues with the monitor not waking up and the tower not entering into sleep mode. It's almost like it's getting stuck. I hope someone can help. Thanks!

:)

Jesse Williams, Dec 10, 2017

2. Night Light Setting and Third Monitor.

I have the same issue. My third monitor is an Acer G246HL, though my second monitor is an Acer G276HL so I can't imagine that it is a problem with the monitors.

Both monitors use a DVI output but the second monitor uses the hdmi input into my desktop and the third monitor uses the USB 3.0.

JackMiddleton1, Dec 10, 2017
  3. Dim Desktop Monitor when no windows open

I did some experimentation with my monitors, one is a Hanspree and the other is an Acer. My Hanspree was the main monitor and the Acer the secondary. I tried to find a newer driver for the Hanspree monitor but the Hanspree driver page for this monitor
    is broken. So I tried switching the two monitors to make the Acer the primary. That resolved the problem even without trying to find a new driver for the Acer. The Acer monitor works as expected with no dimming. So, the problem was with the Hanspree driver.
    Now that it's the secondary monitor the dimming is not a problem since it is only active when there are open windows anyway.

NeilSantos, Dec 10, 2017
  4. New problem with Acer monitor and desktop.

If anyone knows or can help me with this problem, please let me know. I don't want to keep having to force shutdown the computer because I am afraid that's going to mess it up. So far, its doing okay this morning.

5. brummyfan Win User
    brummyfan, Dec 10, 2017
  6. It wasn’t really an issue with shutting down besides the new update that makes the computer shut down differently than in previous updates. But the problem is it’s like it freezes up and when I wiggle the mouse or tap on the keyboard, the monitor doesn’t respond. Nothing responds. I have to force shut down the computer to bring it back up to get things to respond.

7. Update: It's doing it again. It keeps locking up when it's at standby or when it's going into sleep mode. I have did a hard shutdown numerous times, and frankly I don't like doing hard shutdowns. Please help! @brummyfan, I am tagging you because you are subscribed to this thread.

Jesse Williams, Dec 23, 2017
  8. New problem with Acer monitor and desktop.

As in locking up, I mean by the monitor going black or black as it should, but the tower isn't going into sleep mode. Instead, the tower is staying on like it's idle, but when I move the mouse, the monitor doesn't wake up or show any activity.

Jesse Williams, Dec 23, 2017
  9. Does the monitor itself have a menu button? If it does, check to see if in the "Management" setting that the "Power on Recall" option is turned on. From the factory, most "Power on Recall" settings are switched to off and the signal from the monitor confuses the tower when advanced power options are set from the Control Panel.

EyeInTheSky, Dec 23, 2017
  10. brummyfan Win User
    Sorry for the late reply, go to BIOS settings(Press Del at start), go to Power tab, check whether "Wake up by USB KB/Mouse" is enabled.
    2. Try disabling Fast Start-up.
    Go to Power Options, click " Choose what the Power buttons do", click " Change settings that are currently unavailable", disable Fast Start-up.
    3.Go to Advanced Power Options, expand Sleep, expand Allow wake timers and try different settings.
    You don't need to do all at once, try them one by one.

brummyfan, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

New problem with Acer monitor and desktop.

1. New problem with Acer monitor and desktop. - Similar Threads - problem Acer monitor

2. New monitor, new problems screensaver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New monitor, new problems screensaver: Hello, recently made the jump to an ASUS OLED monitor and it confirmed what I knew since looking at my parents CRT display for the last time as a kid...I hate LCD's for anything bigger than a medium tablet. SOO hooked on OLED. Anyways, I had a Dell LCD that I was replacing...
  3. New monitor, new problems screensaver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New monitor, new problems screensaver: Hello, recently made the jump to an ASUS OLED monitor and it confirmed what I knew since looking at my parents CRT display for the last time as a kid...I hate LCD's for anything bigger than a medium tablet. SOO hooked on OLED. Anyways, I had a Dell LCD that I was replacing...
  4. Pc Acer Monitor

Pc Acer Monitor: Hi, My name is Tobi Castro and i am need of a help My Pc Monitor Acer has been running some difficulties with the screen because its been causing a black screen too so i need your help if you would please? Can you tell me how do i fix the Pc monitor Acer i really need help...
  5. Pc Acer Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc Acer Monitor: Hi, My name is Tobi Castro and i am need of a help My Pc Monitor Acer has been running some difficulties with the screen because its been causing a black screen too so i need your help if you would please? Can you tell me how do i fix the Pc monitor Acer i really need help...
  6. ACER monitors

ACER monitors: are ACER monitors compatible with windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/acer-monitors/dcbc8f71-185a-49b7-9435-d029ea9b7879
  7. ACER monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ACER monitors: are ACER monitors compatible with windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/acer-monitors/dcbc8f71-185a-49b7-9435-d029ea9b7879
  8. CES 2021: New Acer notebooks and monitors

in Windows 10 News
    CES 2021: New Acer notebooks and monitors: At CES 2021, Acer announced updates to several Windows 10 gaming notebooks in its portfolio, including the Predator Triton 300 SE, Predator Helios 300 and Nitro 5. The company also introduced three new high refresh rate gaming monitors. [media] The Predator Triton 300 SE...
  9. Acer monitor with no sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Acer monitor with no sound: Hi, say my last desktop died and the monitor speaker were working well even the volume app had monitor # KG221Q on it to read. Now, all I get with the new desktop is realtek or digital .Checked HDMI cable, Good. So how am I to get my AMD sound back with KG221Q on lower right...
  10. Acer announces new Predator Desktops, Monitors and Accessories

in Windows 10 News
    Acer announces new Predator Desktops, Monitors and Accessories: Acer has rounded out its award-winning gaming line with a host of powerful, cutting-edge gaming PCs, monitors and accessories. Options are available to suit a wide range of gamers, from professionals looking for top-of-the-line technology to casual players wanting a solid...