Windows 10: new problem with laptop sleeping

Discus and support new problem with laptop sleeping in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is anyone else experiencing this issue? My laptop will no longer go to sleep. When I close the lid, the screen turns off, but when I re-open it, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Geralt of Rivia, Nov 20, 2020.

1. new problem with laptop sleeping

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? My laptop will no longer go to sleep. When I close the lid, the screen turns off, but when I re-open it, it will not turn back on. The laptop itself remains on, but at this point, I need to to a hard reboot. I found this one recent article, and some of the people in the comments section are having the same problem.

https://www.windowslatest.com/2020/0...-mode-problem/

Everything worked normally until about a week or two ago.

:)

Geralt of Rivia, Nov 20, 2020
  2. Phillmont Win User

Hibernating laptop changes to sleep behaviour after Windows 10 May 2019 update

Hi Aditya,

Thank you for your reply. I have tried the two steps (turning of Hybrid sleep and Fast startup) you suggested but to no avail. Okay, for your two questions:

1. My laptop is a HP Pavilion 14-bf101tx, and currently running Windows 10 1903 (upgrading from 1809).
    2. Nope. No error messages. I suppose the boot process was successful, however, my battery was reduced. That's why I suggest the post title as "Hibernating changes to sleep behaviour" because the battery level reduction looks like sleep behaviour.

Please inform me of any diagnostics information you might need. Thank you for your kind assistance.

Phillmont, Nov 20, 2020
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Nov 20, 2020
  4. new problem with laptop sleeping

Laptop problem: Black vertical "sidebar" [Update]

I will try that... do you think I have complete access to replace the monitor cable without dismantling the laptop from step 1? *Eek! new problem with laptop sleeping :eek:
    Tbh it's a bit scary.

Black Panther, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

new problem with laptop sleeping

1. new problem with laptop sleeping - Similar Threads - problem laptop sleeping

2. Iota laptop sleep mode problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Iota laptop sleep mode problem: My Iota laptop running Windows 11 will now not come out of sleep mode. I now have to hold the power key until the laptop shuts down, then i restart it. Can anyone suggest any solutions? Thanks...
  3. Iota laptop sleep mode problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Iota laptop sleep mode problem: My Iota laptop running Windows 11 will now not come out of sleep mode. I now have to hold the power key until the laptop shuts down, then i restart it. Can anyone suggest any solutions? Thanks...
  4. New laptop problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New laptop problem: I bought a new laptop, and tried signing in to y windows, and it wont give me a reason. I tried connecting the device by registering it, and it says it doesnt recognize the serial number I try to login in on the new device and get this error 0x80190001 Please help...
  5. Laptop sleeping problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop sleeping problem: Hi! So I desperately need some help and id hope someone out there could tell me what I can do. Ive had my new laptop for about a year now and lately when I put it to sleep and then try to wake it up, sometimes the side lights come on but the screen remains black. The only...
  6. laptop sleep problem

in Windows 10 Support
    laptop sleep problem: I have a lenovo z510 laptop for 5 years and it used to sleep when I press to button or I choose sleep from Alt+F4 window or I close the lid until 3 or 4 months ago. But since then when I try to go to sleep, the fan is speeding up, screen is going to black and the system is...
  7. Laptop sleep mode problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop sleep mode problem: I have a Toshiba laptop with Windows 10 installed. When I put it in sleep mode it will be fine for a while, but then it will begin to make notification sounds that ping/blingggg until I open the screen. On the screen will be a window asking me to enter my Microsoft...
  8. Problems with new laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems with new laptop: Split from this thread. please help me i just bought this laptop and im not good on them in the frist place nouthing but a pain in my bum what should i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problems-with-new-laptop/046253a0-5581-4950-8719-f5c94bd7a0dc
  9. Laptop new battery problems

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop new battery problems: Hi Guys...... have just replaced the battery on an old laptop (yes it is on Windows 10) My problem is that it only charges to an indicated 73%. On some computers it is possible to recalibrate this indication - what can you suggest. I have metered the output from the...
  10. Problems With Sleep With New Build 14316

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems With Sleep With New Build 14316: Hello All, I never had problems before with this computer and testing different preview builds, but this new one has really given me some sleep issues. The computer does not automatically go to sleep so I have to manually make it go to sleep. That is just one issue and not...