Windows 10: New Process Monitor v3.53 and Process Explorer v16.31

Discus and support New Process Monitor v3.53 and Process Explorer v16.31 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Process Monitor v3.53 This update to Process Monitor includes the following changes: Resolves a crash when reloading a saved file Fixes issues where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

New Process Monitor v3.53 and Process Explorer v16.31

Source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...1/ba-p/1073828

:)

Brink, Dec 19, 2019
  2. YIN
    Yin Win User

Dual iexplorer processes???

I would suggest you run process explorer on the machine so you can find out what applications are running.

process explorer shows you more than just task manager

3. Process Monitor

Process Monitor is no longer supported nor updated because of changes to Windows itself ("Error VSP1478: Performance counters are not supported on virtual or Hyper-V enabled machines. Please use a non-virtual machine or disable Hyper-V"). When this is the case, the processor graph won't load at all. Process Explorer by Sysinternals (owned by Microsoft) is probably the best substitute.

This simple application records how many handles and how much memory an application is using every second. You can type in a process name (for when the process will be started soon) or select an already running process from the drop down box. Click start and it will start to monitor it; click stop to halt monitoring.

New Process Monitor v3.53 and Process Explorer v16.31 process_monitor_1_0_3.png

If the application closes, it will stop updating so you can see if the handle limit (default 10,000) or memory limit (2 GiB 32-bit, 4 GiB 32-bit Large Address Aware) is exceeded. These are things you can address to perhaps stop it from crashing.

If you wish to to use a Process Identification number (PID), use # followed by the number wherever it requests a name (commandline or in the "Process" field). For example, if you want it to monitor the PID 812, enter #812 and click start.

To increase the handle limit, you must increase the registry key:
    Code: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\USERProcessHandleQuota[/quote]
    Command line arguments:
    ArgumentPurposeExampleprocess_nameEnters the given name in the Process dropdown box.csrss/sAutomatically starts monitoring the process named. This will not work without providing a process name.csrss /s

It requires .NET Framework 3.5 or newer to run.

Version History:
    1.0.4 - Fixed a minor bug where Max Cores could exceed the number of cores in the machine.
    1.0.3 - Added Processor graph/stats and ability to directly input a PID (via #134).
    1.0.2 - Added launch arguments (detailed above).
    1.0.1 - Displays the start time of monitor and how long the monitor observed the process on stopping.
    1.0.0 - Original release.

FordGT90Concept, Dec 19, 2019
  4. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

1. New Process Monitor v3.53 and Process Explorer v16.31 - Similar Threads - Process Monitor Process

2. Some processes indicate 'access denied' in Process Explorer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Some processes indicate 'access denied' in Process Explorer: Hello,Same question. 3 win servers 2019 with, and not domain. Administrator account, ProceXP whit max privileges, UAC disabled. 2 first, OK. The last, 'access denied' for Services.exe, smss.exe, csrss.exe and wininit.exeWhat?Thanks...
  3. Regarding process explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regarding process explorer: Is it possible to pause and resume exporting/processing of a video enhanced by Topaz using Process explorer even after a system restart? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/regarding-process-explorer/9269ab3c-9060-4701-a9ec-04f2db0a3428
  4. Regarding process explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regarding process explorer: Is it possible to pause and resume exporting/processing of a video enhanced by Topaz using Process explorer even after a system restart? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/regarding-process-explorer/9269ab3c-9060-4701-a9ec-04f2db0a3428
  5. are process monitor, process explorer and suricata a complete home network monitoring...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    are process monitor, process explorer and suricata a complete home network monitoring...: I am thinking that on windows 10, using process explorer, process monitor and suricata are a complete home network monitoring environment? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/are-process-monitor-process-explorer-and-suricata/dae1d561-643c-4e35-b938-a8f312b1ffc1
  6. are process monitor, process explorer and suricata a complete home network monitoring...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    are process monitor, process explorer and suricata a complete home network monitoring...: I am thinking that on windows 10, using process explorer, process monitor and suricata are a complete home network monitoring environment? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/are-process-monitor-process-explorer-and-suricata/dae1d561-643c-4e35-b938-a8f312b1ffc1
  7. process explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    process explorer: I accidentally suspended searchApp.exe, and now it won't let me "resume" it. When I try "restart" it asks me if I will verify that I want to kill the process. Please help. Thank you...
  8. process explorer virustotal

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    process explorer virustotal: so i was running process explorer virustotal and i saw some programs that had 1 and 2 's there was one called issass.exe that just said unknown should i be worried....
  9. Explorer process and CMD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer process and CMD: Hello guys! I've changed startup shell from explorer.exe to cmd.exe. Now when I type explorer or other combinations in cmd, it opens me only file manager. Any suggestions? Thank you!...
  10. will process monitor capture the process

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    will process monitor capture the process: i am playing a game which has an issue. sometimes when i am playing the game it will minimize by itself as if i pressed alt tab. if the issue happens again then i will use process monitor and i will follow Process Monitor Tutorial to capture all the processes that happened...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ow to use Process Monitor v3.53

2. Process Monitor v3.53