Windows 10: New Processor installed, Windows won't activate

Discus and support New Processor installed, Windows won't activate in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought a Windows 10 Pro product key back in July 2020, used it on my new PC and all was working until yesterday 28th Feb when I installed my new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TheMightySmallz, Mar 1, 2021.

1. New Processor installed, Windows won't activate

I bought a Windows 10 Pro product key back in July 2020, used it on my new PC and all was working until yesterday 28th Feb when I installed my new Ryzen 5600x and now windows has deactivated itself. I have gone through the settings page to activation, it says windows could not be activated throwing up error code 0x803FA067 which means it has been used before, but it has been used by ME on MY PC!! I have not changed motherboard or anything, just the processor. There is no option to select "recent hardware change" in the settings page, and copying/pasting the product key into the "Change Product Key" section leads to the same error code.

I tried to ring up Microsoft directly to help but the agent was not helpful, no matter how many times I said that all I had done was change the processor and that it was activated and working the day before he just kept saying that I had been provided with an invalid key from the seller that could not be used to activate windows this is clearly false, windows has been activated until today for the last 7 months.

He then instructed me to just buy another product key, which is outrageous for something that is not my fault, I've already spent money on the product key for 1 PC, I am not buying a second license for the exact same PC but with a faster CPU.

Can someone help?

:)

TheMightySmallz, Mar 1, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 1, 2021
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Mar 1, 2021
  4. New Processor installed, Windows won't activate

update Ovi Store install stil won`t work

thanks for your reaction,phone won`t install the ovi-store

johnnyloco---01, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

New Processor installed, Windows won't activate

1. New Processor installed, Windows won't activate - Similar Threads - Processor installed won't

2. Windows won't activate with new hardware

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows won't activate with new hardware: Recently I have built a new PC and have installed a new copy of Windows 10 Home onto my new m.2 NVME SSD by USB drive I was having critical issues with running Windows on my original SSD following this new build, as it was constantly blue-screening with a...
  3. Windows won't activate with new hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't activate with new hardware: Recently I have built a new PC and have installed a new copy of Windows 10 Home onto my new m.2 NVME SSD by USB drive I was having critical issues with running Windows on my original SSD following this new build, as it was constantly blue-screening with a...
  4. Windows won't activate with new hardware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Installed Windows 10 on new system, OS won't activate

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installed Windows 10 on new system, OS won't activate: Hey everyone! I upgraded from 7 Pro to 10 back when it came out. Fast forward to today. I just built a brand new computer and installed Windows on it, but it won't activate. I suspect that I didn't install the correct version (I installed Home Single Language), but I want...
  6. Processor won't sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Processor won't sleep: Windows 10 Following a recent update July 2020 PC won't go to sleep. Screen sleeps but not the processor. Had this problem earlier this year but unable to find the solution....
  7. WIndows won't activate on new pc

WIndows won't activate on new pc: So I built a new pc because I needed something new. On my old laptop, windows says it is activated with a digital license linked to a Microsoft account. I interpreted this as meaning that I can just login to the account on my new pc and the license would be transferred...
  8. How to stay activated with a new MB/processor.

How to stay activated with a new MB/processor.: Hi, been using computers since the 60's. First was an IBM 7040 (serial #2). Lots of Burroughs, Honeywell, Sperry, IBM and a few other brands of mainframes over the years. Multiple brands of mini-computers. My first home PC was an IBM AT with EGA graphics; it was the first AT...
  9. I can't Activate my Windows after I installed a new motherboard and processor and RAM.

I can't Activate my Windows after I installed a new motherboard and processor and RAM.: What do I have to do? Error 0xC004F213 It's been years already since I activated this so I don't know where my product key is anymore :(...
  10. New laptop with Win10 pre-installed won't activate

New laptop with Win10 pre-installed won't activate: Hi there. I'm hopeful you can help me with my problem. I recently purchased a new MSI laptop with Windows 10 Home Edition already installed. I asked the authorized re-seller to perform a clean Windows installation so as not to have to deal with bloatware. When my laptop...