Windows 10: New product key needed

Discus and support New product key needed in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My mate sold me his old laptop after he upfraded os from windows 8 to windows 10 pro. Now every time i turn on the laptop it asks for an activation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Mickjm, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Mickjm Win User

New product key needed

My mate sold me his old laptop after he upfraded os from windows 8 to windows 10 pro. Now every time i turn on the laptop it asks for an activation key. Can i purchase the activation key on its own without buying the os software?

:)

Mickjm, Dec 25, 2019
  2. L Burgo Win User

New DELL laptop- Windows Product Key

Hi and thanks DaveM121 for the prompt reply.

I followed the instructions supplied by the DELL email but in the end Windows would not automatically activate. I just found an answer by following this below google result instructions:

Find Windows 10 Product Key on a New Computer

1. Press Windows key + X.
    2. Click Command Prompt (Admin)
    3. At the command prompt, type: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey. This will reveal the product key. Volume License Product Key Activation.

I copied the key and entered it into the option to change product key (not that one was entered as it said it was inactive in red text). FWIW, I never got a product key in any form suggested by the problem solving suggestions
    wormhole link I found in Settings. Apologies if this is a basic newbie issue. It has been doing my head in for the last couple of hours.

Anyway, greatly appreciate your time. Thanks again DaveM121.

L Burgo, Dec 25, 2019
  3. Convert a Windows 8pro product key to a Windows 10pro produkt key

Hi Andre,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to Uninstall the license using the following steps.

• Press Windows key + X
    • Click Command Prompt (Admin)
    • At the command prompt, type: slmgr.vbs -upk
    • Press Enter, this will uninstall the product key from the computer.
    Further on, install Windows 8.1 activate the copy with the product key on the new machine. Then again upgrade the same to Windows 10 using Window Update or Media Creation Tool.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 25, 2019
  4. New product key needed

product key

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please follow the below steps to resolve this issue:

Steps:

• Press and hold Windows key + R.
    • Type ‘slui 3’.
    • Enter your old product key and try to change product key
    • Use the new product and check if you are able to activate.
    For more information please follow the link given below, this information is provided by Andre Da Costa.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_install/how-to-activate-and-resolve-common-product-key/33f31475-93b3-4d1c-812f-4b21fbd807a7

Please get back to us if you are still facing this problem.

Hope the information helps to fix the issue, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Dec 25, 2019
Thema:

New product key needed

1. New product key needed - Similar Threads - product key needed

2. need a product key.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need a product key.: i have changed the hardware i.e battery of my laptop, by doing this, the window of my laptop is deactivated. now i am facing much difficulty in using the system. now please help me in activating my window....
  3. need a product key.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    need a product key.: i have changed the hardware i.e battery of my laptop, by doing this, the window of my laptop is deactivated. now i am facing much difficulty in using the system. now please help me in activating my window....
  4. Windows 11 Needs a New Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Needs a New Product Key: I got the free Windows 11 upgrade and it is telling me now after several months of using it, that I need a new product key. Where am I able to get one without paying? As I never had to pay for Windows 11 in the first place, I refuse to spend hundreds of dollars on a new key...
  5. Windows 11 Needs a New Product Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Needs a New Product Key: I got the free Windows 11 upgrade and it is telling me now after several months of using it, that I need a new product key. Where am I able to get one without paying? As I never had to pay for Windows 11 in the first place, I refuse to spend hundreds of dollars on a new key...
  6. Need Product KEY

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Need Product KEY: HELP !!!!! Please Help Me Out After Reset My Laptop's Setting Its Asking PRODUCT KEY . On Screen Activate Windows. With Best Regards ! Mohammed IRSHAD Sheikh[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-product-key/704669b8-bbe3-4dfb-8633-804bdffc3656
  7. Product Key Need

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Product Key Need: Dear Sir, This is to request you to kindly provide Product key for Activation Windows 10 Pro. Details of my Windows 10 Pro is mentioned below: Edition Windows 10 Pro Activation Product ID 00331-10000-00001-AA316 Product Key need. Thanking you. Vinita...
  8. Need the product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need the product key: I badly want the product key of product id:00331-10000-00001-AA796 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-the-product-key/8e7c70fa-9a71-4722-9598-0cf6212884b6
  9. New Product Key needed - help !

New Product Key needed - help !: i am not tech savvy so please be gentle! I bought a Lenovo laptop in January via a company on Amazon for personal use. It was faulty and the company exchanged it. It was a good spec for the money. I suspect that the company supplies in bulk to organisations and this was a...
  10. need product key

need product key: Back in July of 2015 (I think that was the year) when you got windows 10 free of charge, I downloaded it and saved the file. I had to reinstall today and was asked for the product key. I did not get one. If I remember right there was one key for all of them. Does anyone know...