Windows 10: New product key will not work

Discus and support New product key will not work in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, My laptop kept giving me a message that my Windows is expiring. I went to the Microsoft store and purchased a new license. I received the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by HeatherBarrett1, Sep 16, 2020.

1. New product key will not work

Hello,

My laptop kept giving me a message that my Windows is expiring. I went to the Microsoft store and purchased a new license. I received the e-mail with the product key.

I went to the Activation page under Settings and chose the link to "Change product key." I pasted in the new product key from the e-mail, and received an error: 0xc004f050 - the product key you entered didn't work.

Also, at the top of the activation screen, there was another error: 0x803f7001 - stating that I don't have a valid digital license or product key.

It also says at the top of the activation screen that my Windows edition is Windows 10 Pro -- however, the new license I purchased was for Windows 10 Home; I didn't think I would need Pro. So, I am guessing that may be part of the problem?

Is there a way for me to activate the new Windows 10 Home license?

Thank you,

Heather

:)

HeatherBarrett1, Sep 16, 2020
  2. L Burgo Win User

New DELL laptop- Windows Product Key

Hi and thanks DaveM121 for the prompt reply.

I followed the instructions supplied by the DELL email but in the end Windows would not automatically activate. I just found an answer by following this below google result instructions:

Find Windows 10 Product Key on a New Computer

1. Press Windows key + X.
    2. Click Command Prompt (Admin)
    3. At the command prompt, type: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey. This will reveal the product key. Volume License Product Key Activation.

I copied the key and entered it into the option to change product key (not that one was entered as it said it was inactive in red text). FWIW, I never got a product key in any form suggested by the problem solving suggestions
    wormhole link I found in Settings. Apologies if this is a basic newbie issue. It has been doing my head in for the last couple of hours.

Anyway, greatly appreciate your time. Thanks again DaveM121.

L Burgo, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Convert a Windows 8pro product key to a Windows 10pro produkt key

Hi Andre,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to Uninstall the license using the following steps.

• Press Windows key + X
    • Click Command Prompt (Admin)
    • At the command prompt, type: slmgr.vbs -upk
    • Press Enter, this will uninstall the product key from the computer.
    Further on, install Windows 8.1 activate the copy with the product key on the new machine. Then again upgrade the same to Windows 10 using Window Update or Media Creation Tool.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 16, 2020
  4. New product key will not work

product key

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please follow the below steps to resolve this issue:

Steps:

• Press and hold Windows key + R.
    • Type ‘slui 3’.
    • Enter your old product key and try to change product key
    • Use the new product and check if you are able to activate.
    For more information please follow the link given below, this information is provided by Andre Da Costa.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_install/how-to-activate-and-resolve-common-product-key/33f31475-93b3-4d1c-812f-4b21fbd807a7

Please get back to us if you are still facing this problem.

Hope the information helps to fix the issue, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

New product key will not work

1. New product key will not work - Similar Threads - product key

2. Reinstalled windows because the internet disappeared and now my product key will not work

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstalled windows because the internet disappeared and now my product key will not work: Never saw the internet vanish from my PC before, not disconnected there was no icon that said disconnected or online. Anyway I chose to reinstall windows from the help. Why do I have to reinstall the key when it was valid to start? I retrieved the key from another drive...
  3. Lost product key

Lost product key: I have lost product key of Windows 10 pro and MS Office after doing a factory reset. Is there any way to recover the same? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-product-key/d980d28a-1d7f-4dce-bb97-2a228bbee807
  4. My product key not working after reinstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My product key not working after reinstall: My laptop was originally windows 7 with a windows 7 product key. I upgraded it to windows 10 three years ago and never had a problem. Recently my windows crashed and nothing worked, so I had to reinstall the windows from a media creation file. Now windows 10 is successfully...
  5. product key windows 10 pro

product key windows 10 pro: windows 10 pro came with computer. Added Anniversary update some time later. Hard Drive recently died. Using backup. System seams to be slower. Would like to reformat drive and reinstall everything. Do not know product key of anniversary update. Would like to keep the...
  6. Change product key link not available in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Change product key link not available in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Windows 10 offers an activation section that you can use to change the product […] This article Change product key link not available in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Is there a way to retrieve your product key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to retrieve your product key?: Bought my acer labtop on amazon a few days ago, for my classes. But supposedly you need a product key do download chrome but unfortunately I threw out the packaging. submitted by /u/Trvstvn [link] [comments]...
  8. Finding my product key.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Finding my product key.: Hi, I'm currently upgrading to a new PC and am using some parts like the PSU and hard drives from my old computer in the new one. The parts are all in the new one, and I had not looked up my product key before doing so. Is there a way to find my product key without having to...
  9. I have a legitimate windows 10 product key, but I can't activate.

I have a legitimate windows 10 product key, but I can't activate.: I got a windows 10 key from an old computer that I bought new. Whenever I try to use it on my new computer, I always get the same message, "The product key that you entered didn't work. Check the product and try again, or enter a different one. 0xc004f050". I don't know...
  10. Product Key

Product Key: Hi! I want to ask something. Just in case if I want to re-install Windows 10 in my laptop using USB Flash Drive, is my Windows 10 activated immediately? Or I need to put my last product key to activate it? Thanks!...