Windows 10: New Ransomware attack

Discus and support New Ransomware attack in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Only 5 days out and Win10 being screwed with. This link was in an E-Mail today: New Windows 10 scam will encrypt your files for ransom | ZDNet 12608 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Berton, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Berton Win User

New Ransomware attack

Berton, Aug 3, 2015

2. Has Defender protected all users with the patch that protects against WannaCry?

Microsoft released a patch for that in March, but that was for Windows Defender which is not giving you real-time protection since McAfee is installed. Contact McAfee Support to see if their program protects you.

Windows Defender and Windows Update protect from new ransomware attack, Microsoft says

Bruce Hagen, Aug 3, 2015
  3. quietman7 - MVP, Aug 3, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

New Ransomware attack

You didn't rally read it very well did you? "soon-to-be Windows 10 users" and notice that it's a screenshot of Windows 8 (there's no start button).

This is not some flaw in Windows 10, nor is it even a flaw in Windows 8. You can't prevent users from running Trojans of their own free will.

Mystere, Aug 3, 2015
  5. Victek Win User
    This has nothing to do with Windows 10. It's a phishing attack where bogus email purported to be from Microsoft tricks people into downloading malware. This kind of scam has been around for a long time and it's the reason why people are told not to open email attachments unless they are certain the sender is valid.

Victek, Aug 3, 2015
  6. ausgumbie Win User
    Hi all

I've just joined this discussion - I thought I'd share the following.

I received this from staysmartonline(Aust. Govt.) to which I subscribe:

"Fake Windows 10 update leading to ransomware attack: Alert Priority High

Ransomware disguised as an installer of the new Microsoft Windows 10 operating system is encrypting Australian user and business computers.

The ransomware resides in an email that claims to be from Microsoft which offers a free upgrade to Windows 10. The email contains a zip file attachment, which contains a program labelled as the Windows 10 installer.

However, if you run this program, it will encrypt any important files, including Word documents and photos on your computer.

If you receive an email offering a free upgrade to Windows 10, we advise that you delete the email and do not open it or any attachments.

Windows users interested in upgrading their computer can register via Microsoft’s official website. Windows 10 updates will then be facilitated by a program on your computer, not via an email offer."

And so it goes on...

The word is certainly out there although some (like me) twig to it a bit slower than others. This post is for them. See, e.g.: Google

It is worth users taking seriously. Attackers certainly do. It's how they make their living (if only they'd use their skills towards a decent world!?!?).

Cheers

ausgumbie, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

New Ransomware attack

1. New Ransomware attack - Similar Threads - Ransomware attack

2. Possible ransomware attack

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Possible ransomware attack: Split from this thread. sir i am just checked. But now also not available and i am just start my laptop. In desktop i am not created. But one note pad read me i am reading the note pad i am encryption the all folder you need to give me 1200 $ to decrypt the all folder....
  3. DISM is not working properly and got a ransomware attack which 1 of my sibling had...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DISM is not working properly and got a ransomware attack which 1 of my sibling had...: Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.17763.1282 Error: 2 An error occurred while attempting to start the servicing process for the image located at C:\. For more information, review the log file. The DISM log file can be found at...
  4. Ransomware attack

Ransomware attack: Ransomware attack on my pc. All my files such as photos, videos, apps, xlxs, pdf and every thing are encrypted. every file extension shown as *YGKZ format and could not open anything. ID appears to be an online ID encryption. how do i resolve this....
  5. Ribd-Ransomware Attack

Ribd-Ransomware Attack: Recently I don't know how my Laptop got attacked by theRIBD Ransomware. Every file got encrypted with the extension of RIBD, anyone facing the same? And can anyone help me decrypting my file? It will be very much if anyone help me getting my files back. Thank you. Note: I...
  6. Bitlocker enabled on Windows 10 Home Edition for Ransomware attack

Bitlocker enabled on Windows 10 Home Edition for Ransomware attack: Hey, everyone, first time poster, haven't been able to locate a thread on this but it is important. I am running Windows 10 Home Edition and while doing a regular system cleanup I discovered lots of files beginning to show up in my Windows/Temp folder with the name...
  7. Ransomware Attack

Ransomware Attack: I downloaded one file which was containing viruses and now all my Data is encrypted with .omfl extension and i have very important files on my pc. how to recover all file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ransomware-attack/305c4fbf-4a2e-4293-9c35-a3bf07f3602d
  8. My Windows 7 got attacked by a ransomware

My Windows 7 got attacked by a ransomware: Hello guys, I need help. Apparently I can't use my applications and files because of this. Is there any possibility on how to recover them? Can I do a reformat as an option? Thank you so much. [IMG]...
  9. How to prevent ransomware attacks, controlled folder security setup?

How to prevent ransomware attacks, controlled folder security setup?: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...rolled-folders Windows version 2H02 I was curious about how hard it is to do this, and is their a guide? 167478
  10. Ransomware Virus attack .kasp

Ransomware Virus attack .kasp: My system got infected by .KASP ransomware virus. I removed the virus to some extent from my system but all my drives are affected. All my files got encrypted and I am not able to access any of the files. All files got changed with.kasp extension. My files are online...