Windows 10: New ransomware attacks target your NAS devices, backup storage

Discus and support New ransomware attacks target your NAS devices, backup storage in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The number of ransomware strains targeting NAS and backup storage devices is growing, with users "unprepared" for the threat, researchers say.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

New ransomware attacks target your NAS devices, backup storage

Read more: New ransomware attacks target your NAS devices, backup storage | ZDNet

:)

Brink, Dec 6, 2019
  2. S-and-S Win User

Ransomware attack

There are no specific steps that you can take to protect yourself against ransomware - only the same steps that you take to protect yourself against all other threats on the internet:

1- Stay up-to-date with the latest news about attacks.

2- Adopt safe computing practices.

3- Backup every day, if not more often.

With respect to backups, at least some of your backups should be stored on devices that are physically disconnected from your computer. An alternative is to use a backup program (like Macrium Reflect) that locks down backup archives from being changed or
    deleted.

S-and-S, Dec 6, 2019
  3. Smeed Win User
  4. DaveM121 Win User

About Ransomware attack

Here is Microsoft's Customer Guidance on the Ransomware Attack:

• In March, we released a security update which addresses the vulnerability that these attacks are exploiting. Those who have Windows Update enabled are protected against attacks on this vulnerability. For those organizations who have not yet applied the
      security update, we suggest you immediately deploy Microsoft Security Bulletin MS17-010.

• For customers using Windows Defender, we released an update earlier today which detects this threat as Ransom:Win32/WannaCrypt.
      As an additional “defense-in-depth” measure, keep up-to-date anti-malware software installed on your machines. Customers running anti-malware software from any number of security companies can confirm with their provider, that they are protected.

• This attack type may evolve over time, so any additional defense-in-depth strategies will provide additional protections. (For example, to further protect against SMBv1 attacks, customers
      should consider blocking legacy protocols on their networks).

For the full article,
    Click HERE

DaveM121, Dec 6, 2019
Thema:

1. New ransomware attacks target your NAS devices, backup storage - Similar Threads - ransomware attacks target

2. Ransomware attack

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ransomware attack: Ransomware attack on my pc. All my files such as photos, videos, apps, xlxs, pdf and every thing are encrypted. every file extension shown as *YGKZ format and could not open anything. ID appears to be an online ID encryption. how do i resolve this....
  3. Ransomware Attack

Ransomware Attack: I downloaded one file which was containing viruses and now all my Data is encrypted with .omfl extension and i have very important files on my pc. how to recover all file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ransomware-attack/305c4fbf-4a2e-4293-9c35-a3bf07f3602d
  4. Ransomware attack

Ransomware attack: Ransomware has attacked my pc. I cant do anything.please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/ransomware-attack/f0b64b4b-ea69-4af7-bb37-4f5e4a9ce363
  5. Ransomware Attack

Ransomware Attack: I have been attacked by ransomware. Is there any way to remove and decrypt the files? Or I have to completely format my hard drive? Seeking attention to Microsoft community. I have attached some screen shots. I am not sure about the ransom type yet. [IMG] [IMG]...
  6. Ransomware attack

Ransomware attack: Hello guys, i have a problem and i need help. to cut the long story short, my computer is infected with a ransomware (with ''nelasod'' extension on all docx, xlx, ppt and videos files). This has made it difficult to open any of my document in my external hard drive. It seems...
  7. Ransomware Attack

Ransomware Attack: Hello Dear all hope that you all doing well. Somone just hacked my pc.my all files stored on hard drive is converted to PPTX.how can i fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/ransomware-attack/659f8e54-0800-4449-95f0-94604fae69f6
  8. New Ransomware attack

New Ransomware attack: Only 5 days out and Win10 being screwed with. This link was in an E-Mail today: New Windows 10 scam will encrypt your files for ransom | ZDNet 12608
  9. Backup of your NAS boxes

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup of your NAS boxes: Hi there A lot of people here back up to NAS boxes -- but remember These CAN fail as well (or at least an HDD can). So I do suggest that you actually backup the stuff on your NAS from time to time -- you might NEVER need it but who knows. NAS boxes (or things like Micro...
  10. Prophetic BMJ letter - did this make NHS target for Ransomware attack?

in Windows 10 News
    Prophetic BMJ letter - did this make NHS target for Ransomware attack?: It seems possible that this prophetic British Medical Journal letter from May 10 edition (online May 11, the day before the WannaCry Exploit hit the world) may have focussed the current ransomware attack on UK NHS hospitals: [img] The hackers holding hospitals to...