Windows 10: New red bar when searching

Discus and support New red bar when searching in Cortana to solve the problem; Recently whenever I search the following Microsoft Search bar shows up the red bar in the photo. I have no idea what has caused this to appear and when... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by sappon, Apr 26, 2022.

1. sappon Win User

New red bar when searching

Recently whenever I search the following Microsoft Search bar shows up the red bar in the photo. I have no idea what has caused this to appear and when looking at my peers they do not have this bar. I am wondering if there is a way to turn it off or what it is. Thanks in advance

:)

sappon, Apr 26, 2022

2. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Apr 26, 2022
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Apr 26, 2022
  4. New red bar when searching

Disable new search bar in Outlook 365

OK. There is a way to disable this new search box in Microsoft Office 365. For Outlook:

1. Open Outlook 365.
    2. On the lower left-hand corner click options.
    3. In the User Interface options under the General Tab, click the checkbox Collapse the Microsoft Search box by default.
    4. Click OK.

The search box will now disappear. However, disabling this option would only work on that application. If you open Microsoft Word or PowerPoint, you will need to do these same steps to disable the search box (if present) as well. Let me know if this works for you.

Guardian Angel, Apr 26, 2022
Thema:

New red bar when searching

1. New red bar when searching - Similar Threads - red bar searching

2. there is red bars everywhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    there is red bars everywhere: there is red bars every on my screen. Sometimes there transparent, sometimes less transparent. I don’t know if this does go under “Display and Graphics” but I think that relates to this situation.Image 1Image 2Image 3Btw it wouldn’t let me upload images so it’s a link now...
  3. there is red bars everywhere

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    there is red bars everywhere: there is red bars every on my screen. Sometimes there transparent, sometimes less transparent. I don’t know if this does go under “Display and Graphics” but I think that relates to this situation.Image 1Image 2Image 3Btw it wouldn’t let me upload images so it’s a link now...
  4. Red bar blocking my search text in Edge browser.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Red bar blocking my search text in Edge browser.: So for some reason EDGE is giving me this super weird box of red whenever I try to type anything in the main search window, is there a fix for this ?...
  5. Red bar blocking my search text in Edge browser.

Red bar blocking my search text in Edge browser.: So for some reason EDGE is giving me this super weird box of red whenever I try to type anything in the main search window, is there a fix for this ?...
  6. New red bar when searching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New red bar when searching: Recently whenever I search the following Microsoft Search bar shows up the red bar in the photo. I have no idea what has caused this to appear and when looking at my peers they do not have this bar. I am wondering if there is a way to turn it off or what it is. Thanks in...
  7. New red bar when searching

New red bar when searching: Recently whenever I search the following Microsoft Search bar shows up the red bar in the photo. I have no idea what has caused this to appear and when looking at my peers they do not have this bar. I am wondering if there is a way to turn it off or what it is. Thanks in...
  8. New SanDisk with SecureAccess shows a red bar in "this PC"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New SanDisk with SecureAccess shows a red bar in "this PC": I bought a new SanDisk Ultra Flair 3.0 Flash Drive, 64 GB "speeds up to 150 MB/sec" It is storing my Macrium Free 7 backup for my HP 840 G2 as is the identical SanDisk bought a few years ago [package indicates the same] for my G3. Both were filled with their similar backups....
  9. New Search Bar??!?!?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New Search Bar??!?!?: [IMG] For some reason, I have a new simplified search bar, yet my friends and others online don't seem to have it. Is this a bug or purposeful? How do I change it so it says "Type here to search" again?...
  10. New Search Bar Circus

in Cortana
    New Search Bar Circus: Is anyone else tired of searching for something on the PC just to have the search open a browser??? If I want to look online, I will open a browser & find it. If I want to look in the PC, I will open the search bar... and probably end up online too! I killed Cortana just...