Windows 10: New Reflect Free v7?

Discus and support New Reflect Free v7? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; No urgency but they don't even answer the questions about free v7 version any more so "reneging" is probably right word for it. What they are doing is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Steve C, Aug 6, 2017.

1. cereberus Win User

New Reflect Free v7?

No disrespect but that is pure speculative nonsense. It will come - why would they banner it as coming and later renege. If they were going to do that, they would have removed the banner. The company is a very reputable company, and will deliver.

cereberus, Aug 12, 2017
  2. CountMike New Member

We'll see but my hopes are not high.

CountMike, Aug 12, 2017
  3. cereberus Win User
    I guess you are "a glass is half empty" person?

cereberus, Aug 12, 2017
  4. New Reflect Free v7?

I look at it this way. First there were many issues that had to be resolved during the first couple months of the V7 release. Lots of bugs. Second, depending on how the latest features in V7 were implemented, could be a big issue on how easy it is to to remove them. Third, they really have no pressing need to release a FREE version of V7. V6 Free works great under all of the W10 releases and with little to no work to maintain it.

storageman, Aug 12, 2017
  5. CountMike New Member
    If you are thinking about Scotch than even full glass is half empty. Ask Kari and Mark Twain, they'll confirm.

CountMike, Aug 12, 2017
  6. cereberus Win User
    I would like to ask Mark Twain, but he is too busy writing a long letter as he does not have time to write a short one.

cereberus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

New Reflect Free v7?

1. New Reflect Free v7? - Similar Threads - Reflect Free

2. Macrium Reflect Free Version Being Retired

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Macrium Reflect Free Version Being Retired: Folks here often recommend the free version of Macrium Reflect as an alternative to Windows' own backup options. Unfortunately, the free version is going away, and there will be no further feature updates. Security updates will continue until January 24, 2024, however. The...
  3. Macrium Reflect Free Version Being Retired

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium Reflect Free Version Being Retired: Folks here often recommend the free version of Macrium Reflect as an alternative to Windows' own backup options. Unfortunately, the free version is going away, and there will be no further feature updates. Security updates will continue until January 24, 2024, however. The...
  4. Macrium Reflect free ver7 has Not got any update since over a month

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect free ver7 has Not got any update since over a month: did they dropped the Support for the Free Version ? i use it Only to create a full Windows backup why did they drop the Support for the Free version ? at least Updates Ver 8 has no free version 181901
  5. Macrium Reflect - paid vs. free version...

Macrium Reflect - paid vs. free version...: About a week or so ago, I finally got the paid version of Macrium Reflect. Mainly for the Image Guardian that the paid version adds. Today I was testing, backing up and restoring from a USB stick (fast one). It works. However, I noticed that with the paid version, I also get...
  6. Macrium Reflect Free adds a second Recovery partition when I restore

Macrium Reflect Free adds a second Recovery partition when I restore: Hello, I am using Macrium Relect Free to make backups of my computer. I used it to make a system image backup of Windows 10 on an SSD. To test I booted into the Macrium Rescue media USB key and restored the image to a different HDD. Macrium added another Recovery partition to...
  7. Problem Cloning HDD to SSD with Macrium Reflect Free

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem Cloning HDD to SSD with Macrium Reflect Free: Hi Everyone! My new post today is a follow up from this thread where I had successfully cloned my Hard Disk Drive to an SSD Drive with the same capacity of 1 TB. However, this post isn't about my computer, as it's still working like a racehorse with the newly installed SSD....
  8. Macirum Reflect Free Quick Little Question

Macirum Reflect Free Quick Little Question: If i Decide to ever go back to Free version if still offered, and not purchase another Home Version license in the future, currently using a 4 pack, with Keys in use for 3 systems, 4th Key not in use right now. So would it be wise to use that in the future, or go back to...
  9. Macrium Reflect Free 7.3 imaged to USB flash drive produced six files

Macrium Reflect Free 7.3 imaged to USB flash drive produced six files: I've just built a dual-boot machine with Windows 10 (20H2) and Linux (Elementary OS 5.0), and it occurred to me that Reflect (7.3 Free) could probably image that drive including the ext4 partition containing Elementary OS and (I hope) the GRUB bootloader (wherever it...
  10. Free Macrium Reflect fails to restore the Windows 1mage

Free Macrium Reflect fails to restore the Windows 1mage: I use Macrium Reflect on my ASUS Laptop with Windows 10 Home version 20H2. Recently I tried to restore an earlier Windows 10 Home Version 20H2 Image with Macrium Reflect on my Laptop but the restoration failed several times and I got the following message. Otherwise my Laptop...