Windows 10: New Refurbished Laptop, HP Win 10, password reset

Discus and support New Refurbished Laptop, HP Win 10, password reset in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have booted a new refurbished HP laptop but did not write down the password. Now it wants that and I cannot get back in.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ChanningHumphries, Jul 6, 2019.

1. New Refurbished Laptop, HP Win 10, password reset

I have booted a new refurbished HP laptop but did not write down the password. Now it wants that and I cannot get back in.

:)

ChanningHumphries, Jul 6, 2019

2. reset laptop password

i could not figure out what forum this should go in, so feel free to move to whatever forum it should be in.
    a friend just called, and said he has 2 daughters and 2 dell laptops. his daughters have lost the password to both laptops. is there a way to reset the password without a full reformat? he said his daughters have a lot of music, pictures, ect. and wants to avoid reinstalling windows.
    i know that a long time ago there was a jumper on the motherboard that would reset the password on a regular pc. is there such a jumper on a laptop? or is there any free software that would let him reset the passwords? he can not afford a dell tech to fix, and i told him i would see if there was a way to reset it without a format. thanks!
    he called me from out of state and due to a bad connection i couldnt find out what model laptops they are. thanks again! sam

Samdbugman, Jul 6, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Jul 6, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

New Refurbished Laptop, HP Win 10, password reset

Resetting my HP laptop

Since it is a new HP laptop and you want to reset it, instead of using the Windows 10 Reset, why not use the HP Factory Restore application, it should be located on your Start Menu - the alphabetical list - scroll down to the HP suite of apps and look
    for recovery . . .

DaveM121, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

New Refurbished Laptop, HP Win 10, password reset

1. New Refurbished Laptop, HP Win 10, password reset - Similar Threads - Refurbished Laptop password

2. New password rejected on HP laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New password rejected on HP laptop: Recently changed my password for Microsoft 365. Received confirmation via email that the password was updated. Now I'm unable to log into my account on an HP laptop. I'm able to access my account on my wife's Surface Pro laptop but unable to log in with my laptop. I receive a...
  3. New password rejected on HP laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New password rejected on HP laptop: Recently changed my password for Microsoft 365. Received confirmation via email that the password was updated. Now I'm unable to log into my account on an HP laptop. I'm able to access my account on my wife's Surface Pro laptop but unable to log in with my laptop. I receive a...
  4. windows doesn't recognize refurbished hp laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows doesn't recognize refurbished hp laptop: . I bought a refurbished hp laptop. I am trying to set it up but i get an error 0xC004F211 windows reports that the hardware of your device has changed A small microsoft sticker covers the first two digits of my product code so i can't enter it. What should i do?...
  5. Activating windows 10 on a refurbished win 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating windows 10 on a refurbished win 10 laptop: I bought a refurbished windows 10 laptop. Windows has not been activated. There is a refurbished windows 10 product key on the base of the PC but the sticker is damaged me trying to remove something stuck over it, I was told by support I could scratch that something off, but...
  6. Refurbished Laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Refurbished Laptop: Hello. I recently bought a refurbished laptop (chose to have windows 10 Pro installed over original windows 7). First startup, put windows key in etc and was automatically logged in as "User". I created an Admin account (local), removed "User' and restarted. I was then auto...
  7. Win 10 password reset?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 password reset?: Can you reset the password of a windows 10 online account same way as local admin account (utilman.exe, cmd.exe)? submitted by /u/eng-moe [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jansnr/win_10_password_reset/
  8. Refurbished HP laptop showing update to V1909

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Refurbished HP laptop showing update to V1909: My laptop wants to install 1909 but it failed twice because I never got the 'install enhancements' kb.... for this build. What should I do about this? HP 1903 (OS build 18362.449) 10 home 144324
  9. Refurbished HP laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Refurbished HP laptop: I bought a Windows10 home, refurbished/renewed HP lap top that looks like it might have been used in a classroom. I have found a phone# and it says "Data" files are stored in Cloud. Most everything else looks clean going through it. What should i do about that?... I disabled...
  10. Win 10 for refurbished machines

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 for refurbished machines: I just purchased a refurbished win 10 machine with an OEM win10 Home for refurbished machines. I activated it and it runs well. My questions are as follows. 1. Can I upgrade the old 500GB HD to an SSD? 2. How do I go about installing the SSD and transfering over the OS?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. referbished laptops user password settings