Windows 10: New Repair Disk Problem

Discus and support New Repair Disk Problem in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; HI. Last week I installed Windows v. 2004 update. This morning, after running a system image backup, in response to a system nag, I decided to create a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LShel42, Oct 25, 2020.

1. LShel42 Win User

New Repair Disk Problem

HI. Last week I installed Windows v. 2004 update. This morning, after running a system image backup, in response to a system nag, I decided to create a new Repair Disk. It seemed to finish properly. Here's a screen shot of the explorer display:

New Repair Disk Problem fb8b7f16-2cc5-42b3-93bb-5f48203d1fc7?upload=true.png

I wanted to verify that it would work when if needed, so I shut down, restarted, booting from the CD drive. Instead of getting the recovery page, here's what i got:

New Repair Disk Problem [​IMG]

I pressed enter, to retry like it says. Got same image. Is it obvious to someone what my problem is? Suggestions on where to go from here? Suggestions on how else to check the usability of the new repair disk? Anything? Thanks.

:)

LShel42, Oct 25, 2020

2. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue New Repair Disk Problem :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Oct 25, 2020
  3. What should I have as backup-a RECOVERY disk or a REPAIR disk? Are these the same or different?

Got the free upgrade to Windows 10 and I need to start making some kind of a Repair/Recovery disk.

Are these the same thing? Are they different?

Can someone list the steps needed to make this/ these disk (s)?

Thank you.

Barbara

BarbaraLarnce, Oct 25, 2020
  4. New Repair Disk Problem

windows 10 stuck on repairing disk errors for hours

Hi,

We suggest you to repair your system using Windows 10 installation USB media and check if it corrects the problem.

Follow these steps:

• Disconnect all non-essential devices that might attached to your computer, Windows setup might be trying to detect them.
    • If you connected to a network, disconnect this also.
    • Download the Windows 10 ISO on a working computer and perform a startup repair:
    • Click here to download the official ISO media for Windows 10.

After creating the USB installation media for Windows 10, follow the steps below:

• Insert the installation USB drive and boot Windows 10 from it.

• In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.

• Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.

• Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select ‘Startup Repair’ and select the operating system.

Hope this helps. Do get back to us should you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Armand Cos, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

New Repair Disk Problem

1. New Repair Disk Problem - Similar Threads - Repair Disk Problem

2. DIsk repair not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DIsk repair not working: SO, i used the check tool to check my Drive c and it said that it needs repair so i click the restart option to repair the disk it went on a screen that says Scanning and repairing Drive C but the repair doesn't start the system restarts and goes back to the desktop pls help...
  3. Problem with Win 10 system repair disk or recovery disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with Win 10 system repair disk or recovery disk: I'd really appreciate any help anyone can give me regarding safety disks/usb. I have Windows 10 Home 64bit. It says ut is version 19042, 1502 I am trying to make a new up-to-date Windows system repair disk. My previous repair disk seems to boot up fine but the two brand new...
  4. Windows repairing disk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows repairing disk: Windows stuck in repairing disk errors screen. I tried to repair the windows using chkdsk utility windows windows installation media. It sayscorrecting error in index $I30 for file 3E89Bcorrecting error in index $I30 for file 3E89Bcorrecting error in index $I30 for file...
  5. disk check and repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disk check and repair: So i did both the command prompt and the disk manage ment way. and it said i needed to restart and i did. still says everytime i boot it up it says "scanning and repairing" then it boots up i cheched if its fixed and it says it isnt. i did clean it through tyhe cleaner and...
  6. Repairing your Disks Problems

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Repairing your Disks Problems: I am having troubles in starting the PC. It says Repairing Disk and this keeps loading.I kept my PC on for 1 whole day still thr same rendering.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/repairing-your-disks-problems/82d58932-75f2-4897-b75b-24c90296d1bc
  7. System Repair Disk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Repair Disk: I couldn't find any information in support about my question. Which is: Do we need to create a new "System Repair Disk" for "System Backup" each time we update the new version of our Windows 10?...
  8. repair disk useless?

repair disk useless?: I always figured a repair disk contains a sort of "mini operating system", enough to give some access to the system if Windows10 has crashed. After facing the blue screen at start-up, I tried to start up with my repair disk. I can hear that the PC accesses the DVD, and I...
  9. Repair disk

Repair disk: Im trying to reboot my windows 10 and have made a copy og my file history and a repair disk, but im not sure what or how i am supposed to use either of them. I currently cannot access windows but i do have access to my linux os. Can someone help me with these issues?...
  10. repair disk

in Windows 10 Customization
    repair disk: I have received this message: "Access denied as you do not have sufficient privileges or the disk may it be locked by another process. You have to invoke this utility running in elevated mode and make sure the disk is unlocked". How can I resolve this problem. Tank you...