Windows 10: New safety features for Facebook Messenger to give more control

Discus and support New safety features for Facebook Messenger to give more control in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [img] When people trust their messages are private and feel safe online, they can express themselves freely. We build features that empower people to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Feb 10, 2021.

1. Brink Win User

New safety features for Facebook Messenger to give more control

Source: Stay in Control with Messenger Safety Features – Messenger News

:)

Brink, Feb 10, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

New Sleep Mode for Facebook Messenger Kids app

How to Use Sleep Mode

1) Go to the Messenger Kids controls in the main Facebook app. Tap on the child’s name, and then on “Sleep Mode” in the App Controls section.

2) Set the times you want the app to turn off for your child. You can set different times for weekdays versus weekends. Once you set the limits, the child will not be able to use the app during those hours.

3) Have a conversation with your child. When you’re setting boundaries around the use of technology, it may be helpful to have a conversation with your child to make sure you have a mutual understanding of the ground rules. This could be a good time to let them know that you’re setting limits for them on Messenger Kids. For more guidance and resources, visit our Parents Portal at facebook.com/safety/parents.

4) Let sleep mode do its job. When the app is in sleep mode, kids cannot send or receive messages or video calls, play with the creative camera, or receive notifications. If they try to open the app, they’ll see a message telling them that it’s in sleep mode and to come back later.

Parents can access all of their controls from the Messenger Kids controls in the main Facebook app. In addition to sleep mode, parents can add and remove contacts, delete the child’s account, or create a new account right from the control panel.

For more information about Messenger Kids, visit MessengerKids.com or follow the Facebook page for updates.

Downloads:

Source: Sleep Mode: Giving Parents More Control on Messenger Kids | Facebook Newsroom

Brink, Feb 10, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    New Sleep Mode for Facebook Messenger Kids app

How to Use Sleep Mode

1) Go to the Messenger Kids controls in the main Facebook app. Tap on the child’s name, and then on “Sleep Mode” in the App Controls section.

2) Set the times you want the app to turn off for your child. You can set different times for weekdays versus weekends. Once you set the limits, the child will not be able to use the app during those hours.

3) Have a conversation with your child. When you’re setting boundaries around the use of technology, it may be helpful to have a conversation with your child to make sure you have a mutual understanding of the ground rules. This could be a good time to let them know that you’re setting limits for them on Messenger Kids. For more guidance and resources, visit our Parents Portal at facebook.com/safety/parents.

4) Let sleep mode do its job. When the app is in sleep mode, kids cannot send or receive messages or video calls, play with the creative camera, or receive notifications. If they try to open the app, they’ll see a message telling them that it’s in sleep mode and to come back later.

Parents can access all of their controls from the Messenger Kids controls in the main Facebook app. In addition to sleep mode, parents can add and remove contacts, delete the child’s account, or create a new account right from the control panel.

For more information about Messenger Kids, visit MessengerKids.com or follow the Facebook page for updates.

Downloads:

Source: Sleep Mode: Giving Parents More Control on Messenger Kids | Facebook Newsroom

Brink, Feb 10, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Facebook enhances Messenger Rooms experience with new features

Source: Messenger Enhances Your Rooms Experience with New Features – Messenger News

Brink, Feb 10, 2021
Thema:

1. New safety features for Facebook Messenger to give more control - Similar Threads - safety features Facebook

2. Facebook gives you more control and context in News Feed

in Windows 10 News
    Facebook gives you more control and context in News Feed: [ATTACH] Control What You Share Today we’re introducing a new tool to give you more control over what you share to News Feed by managing who can comment on your public posts. Now, you can control your commenting audience for a given public post by choosing from...
  3. Facebook Messenger

in Windows 10 Customization
    Facebook Messenger: Hi I am getting the following message when I try to make a video call. However it does not allow me to turn the camera and mic on. Can you help? Please allow camera and microphone access Allow Messenger to use your camera and microphone so that others on the call can see and...
  4. Facebook Messenger gets new look and features

in Windows 10 News
    Facebook Messenger gets new look and features: Today, Messenger gets a new look to mark our continued evolution from a simple way to message your Facebook friends, to a place to hang out with your favorite people, on your favorite apps and devices. With over a billion users around the world, our mission is to be a...
  5. Facebook enhances Messenger Rooms experience with new features

in Windows 10 News
    Facebook enhances Messenger Rooms experience with new features: Today, we’re announcing new features to enhance your experience in Messenger Rooms, joinable group video calls that make it easy to spend quality time with friends, loved ones and people who share your interests. Personalize your Room In addition to...
  6. Facebook Messenger

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Facebook Messenger: I could not make an audio call from FB Messenger but I could on Viber and Zoom. I plan to uninstall, reinstall Messenger but I don't see the app on the uninstall app of the control panel. Facebook app is not also there. What shall I do? Thank you. Elvie...
  7. Facebook Messenger

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Facebook Messenger: How do I remove facebook messenger from my desktop computer and if I do can I still get messages on my desktop (windows 10). https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facebook-messenger/6d59e6d1-b30e-4beb-b87a-9e545a37ee84
  8. Facebook Messenger

in Windows 10 Support
    Facebook Messenger: Ok so, I don't know if anyone else has problems with Facebook Messenger. There's a couple of problems I see. Every night, my girlfriend I will talk, and then tell each other goodnight, or she'll take a nap during the day time. I have no problem with that. She's pregnant....
  9. Giving You More Control of Your Privacy on Facebook

in Windows 10 News
    Giving You More Control of Your Privacy on Facebook: As part of Data Privacy Day, we’re introducing a new education campaign to help you understand how data is used on Facebook and how you can manage your own data. We’re also announcing plans to make your core privacy settings easier to find, and sharing our privacy principles...
  10. Facebook Adds New Feature to Messenger for Valentine's Day

in Windows 10 News
    Facebook Adds New Feature to Messenger for Valentine's Day: Messenger is a special place to connect and share with the people most important to you – whether making date night plans with your partner, arranging a girls night out with your closest friends, or jumping on a group video chat to catch up with your family. In light of...