Windows 10: New Samsung Galaxy Book Flex Alpha fans are constantly running... Only 1.5 hours usage so far

Discus and support New Samsung Galaxy Book Flex Alpha fans are constantly running... Only 1.5 hours usage so far in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just got the Samsung Galaxy Book Flex Alpha. It arrived today and I just set it up. I didn't put anything on it but Google chrome, and I actually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/njstones, May 18, 2020.

1. New Samsung Galaxy Book Flex Alpha fans are constantly running... Only 1.5 hours usage so far

I just got the Samsung Galaxy Book Flex Alpha. It arrived today and I just set it up. I didn't put anything on it but Google chrome, and I actually uninstalled some of the bloatware that comes on it.

This is the Intel i7, 12GB RAM, 512GB SSD model.

Since the initial set up process and throughout the hour or so I've spent on it (adjusting settings to my liking and opening a couple Chrome tabs, nothing major yet .. a Chromebook could handle this stuff) the fans have been running 80% of the time. It only stops about every few minutes for a few seconds, then the fan kicks back on.

I had a Dell Inspiron with a 6th generation i3 and 8GB RAM before this, for 3 years. I could count how many times the fans kicked on when I used it over the last 3 years.

What's causing the fans to constantly run? How do I fix this?

For reference, I adjusted the power settings to the same (and rather efficient) settings that were on the Dell. I also tried finding the option to limit the max CPU speed to 99% which I've had on every other laptop, but it's not there (I read 10 years ago that this helps keep the fans usage low somehow and it seemed to work, maybe just placebo though).

CPU and memory usage are no more than 30% since I opened the box.

Thanks for any help!

submitted by /u/njstones
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/njstones, May 18, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

New Samsung Galaxy Book Flex, Galaxy Book Flex α, and Galaxy Book Ion

Source: New Galaxy Computing Portfolio Offers a Device for Everyone - Samsung US Newsroom

See also: Now available: Samsung Galaxy Book Flex and Samsung Galaxy Book Ion | Windows Experience Blog

Brink, May 18, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    CES 2020: Samsung expands computing portfolio with Galaxy Book Flex a

Source: CES 2020: Samsung expands its computing portfolio with Galaxy Book Flex α | Windows Experience Blog

Brink, May 18, 2020
  4. sygnus21 Win User

New Samsung Galaxy Book Flex Alpha fans are constantly running... Only 1.5 hours usage so far

New Samsung Galaxy Book Flex, Galaxy Book Flex α, and Galaxy Book Ion

Notice they look so much like a MacBook.

Anyway I like the Galaxy Book Flex @ 13.3” (512GB Storage, 12GB RAM), though a bigger drive and more RAM would be nice. Example my 2017 Lenovo 14 inch ThinkPad Yoga X1 came with a 1TB drive, 16gig of RAM (and an i7). Also came with an OLED panel.

BTW I hate Micro SD on a laptop. Mine also came with Micro SD. Would rather have full SD since most DSLR cameras use full SD cards. That said, not a big issue in this instance since I can transfer file directly from camera to PC via USB 3.0 cable.

Nice notebooks though.

sygnus21, May 18, 2020
Thema:

New Samsung Galaxy Book Flex Alpha fans are constantly running... Only 1.5 hours usage so far

1. New Samsung Galaxy Book Flex Alpha fans are constantly running... Only 1.5 hours usage so far - Similar Threads - Samsung Galaxy Book

2. Samsung Galaxy Book GO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Samsung Galaxy Book GO: Estou a algum tempo tentando uma ISO para esse modelo, dei uma pesquisada e ele fala que tem que ser a versão ARM do Windows 10 ou 11, mas no site não consigo baixar, conseguem me auxiliar para baixar essa ISO? Preciso em PT-BR. Muito obrigado desde ja....
  3. Samsung Galaxy Book GO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Samsung Galaxy Book GO: Estou a algum tempo tentando uma ISO para esse modelo, dei uma pesquisada e ele fala que tem que ser a versão ARM do Windows 10 ou 11, mas no site não consigo baixar, conseguem me auxiliar para baixar essa ISO? Preciso em PT-BR. Muito obrigado desde ja....
  4. Samsung galaxy book pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Samsung galaxy book pro: So I have done hard reset and been a black screen and blue flashing light on site for a day and night when the computer dies it comes up with message saying attempt failed to reset before this I see the windows get started screen but after says that message and then says...
  5. Samsung galaxy book pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Samsung galaxy book pro: So I have done hard reset and been a black screen and blue flashing light on site for a day and night when the computer dies it comes up with message saying attempt failed to reset before this I see the windows get started screen but after says that message and then says...
  6. Samsung galaxy book s

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Samsung galaxy book s: Can anyone pls help Samsung costumer service are a bunch of idiots. My laptop has been turning of and on without any warnings i have check for any virus or malware but there is nothing, i have done a factory reset but that did not help ether i did i reinstall of the same...
  7. Touchpad on a Samsung Galaxy Book Flex NP950Q stops working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad on a Samsung Galaxy Book Flex NP950Q stops working: Hi, suddenly the touchpad of my Galaxy Book Flex stopped working. The touchscreen and the S-Pen continue to work, so it is still manageable. It happened after a Windows update, but I'm not sure if there is some relation to this I'm now at 20H2 build 19042.685. fn-F5 key...
  8. Antivirus for Samsung Galaxy Book S

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antivirus for Samsung Galaxy Book S: Greetings, I have tried "ALMOST" all the AV in Microsoft store and none of them will run on this version of Windows. Does anyone know of any vendor that has ported their product onto windows on ARM? I have even PAID for McAfee, but again it fails three quarters of the...
  9. New Samsung Galaxy Book Flex, Galaxy Book Flex α, and Galaxy Book Ion

in Windows 10 News
    New Samsung Galaxy Book Flex, Galaxy Book Flex α, and Galaxy Book Ion: Over the last month, it's become clear that we rely on our technology more than ever before. Our mobile devices keep us connected to our loved ones, coworkers, and classmates. They help us stay organized, on-task, and in-the-loop. They let us shop from bed, keep up with the...
  10. CES 2020: Samsung expands computing portfolio with Galaxy Book Flex a

in Windows 10 News
    CES 2020: Samsung expands computing portfolio with Galaxy Book Flex a: [ATTACH] Prior to CES, Samsung introduced the Galaxy Book Flex α (alpha), a new variant of Galaxy Book Flex and the latest installment in the company’s new line of Galaxy Computing devices that combine the productivity and premium experience of a laptop with the mobility...