Windows 10: New Samsung HMD Odyssey+ for Windows Mixed Reality

Discus and support New Samsung HMD Odyssey+ for Windows Mixed Reality in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Samsung has announced a new advanced display technology for the HMD Odyssey+, bringing true-to-life visuals to its entry in the Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

New Samsung HMD Odyssey+ for Windows Mixed Reality

Source: Go to the next level of Windows Mixed Reality with the Samsung HMD Odyssey+ - Windows Experience BlogWindows Experience Blog

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter

:)

Brink, Oct 22, 2018

2. Samsung's Odyssey Headset is New Leader in Windows Mixed Reality

Last week, images of Samsung's upcoming Windows Mixed Reality headset known as Odyssey were leaked to the Internet. Earlier this week, Microsoft confirmed these leaks by listing the headset for preorder on their own store with product images, as well as a list of specifications that indicate the Oddysey offers superior hardware and features compared to its competition. The new headset boasts OLED displays with a resolution of 1440x1600 per eye, higher than other Windows Mixed Reality headsets as well as both the HTC Vive and Oculus Rift. In addition to the extra pixels to combat the screen-door effect commonly noticed in VR headsets, the OLED technology is expected to provide improved low persistence, resulting in a sharper image and less blurring with movement compared to LCD-based headsets. In addition, Odyssey is the first Windows Mixed Reality headset to feature built-in audio in the form of integrated headphones. These improvements, combined with hardware interpupillary distance adjustment and a wider field of view (up to 110°) on par with the Vive and Rift, help it stand out from its direct competitors.

Microsoft's Windows Mixed Reality platform is set to be released alongside the Windows 10 Fall Creator's Update on October 17th, and provides a software platform for immersive virtual reality and augmented reality headsets from various manufacturers including Samsung, Dell, Acer, HP, and Lenovo, as well as Microsoft's own HoloLens project. These headsets will come at various price points ranging from $399 to $599 USD. Microsoft's listing puts the Samsung Odyssey's price at $500 USD including motion controllers, which interestingly puts the headset in competition with the Oculus Rift, despite Samsung's partnership with Oculus on the mobile-powered Gear VR. Microsoft has since taken down the listing, but the page is archived.

New Samsung HMD Odyssey+ for Windows Mixed Reality aiCsl7xMitDGaaa8_thm.jpg

Sources: RoadtoVR, Microsoft

Papahyooie, Oct 22, 2018
  3. 93tid Win User
    Samsung HMD Odyssey format for created content

The product is newly listed on the website, as a new product from microsoft, please check sources before replying.

You mean this is a Microsoft website ?

https://www.samsung.com/us/computin...eality/xe800zaa-hc1us-xe800zaa-hc1us/#support

The product is listed on Microsoft website as requiring a Windows PC and not as a Microsoft product - exactly the same as all the Dell, HP, Lenovo, Alienware, etc., NON-Microsoft laptops listed on the same site.

93tid, Oct 22, 2018
  4. New Samsung HMD Odyssey+ for Windows Mixed Reality

WIndows Mixed Reality HMD periodically flickers and then goes dark.

Thank you for the update. You might want to follow the steps and guidelines
    here
    and look under the HMD Connectivity section of the article to troubleshoot the issue.

Keep us updated.

Aileen Alf, Oct 22, 2018
Thema:

New Samsung HMD Odyssey+ for Windows Mixed Reality

1. New Samsung HMD Odyssey+ for Windows Mixed Reality - Similar Threads - Samsung HMD Odyssey+

2. Windows Mixed Reality, Odyssey + Question/Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mixed Reality, Odyssey + Question/Help: Hello!For the longest time I have been able to press the windows key on the controller to bring up the menu and then proceed to control that pop up menu WITH the controller by pointing and using the laser etc to move around. However recently whenever I press the windows key...
  3. Windows Mixed Reality, Odyssey + Question/Help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mixed Reality, Odyssey + Question/Help: Hello!For the longest time I have been able to press the windows key on the controller to bring up the menu and then proceed to control that pop up menu WITH the controller by pointing and using the laser etc to move around. However recently whenever I press the windows key...
  4. Samsung HMD Odyssey+ WMR headset no longer displaying visuals. Blinking green light...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Samsung HMD Odyssey+ WMR headset no longer displaying visuals. Blinking green light...: I've been having a pretty agreeable time with my headset up until this point, save for some bugs and bumps it was thus far a great entry into VR, yet after a week vacation out of state, I returned and attempted to power it up for a session, to find that it wouldn't display...
  5. Samsung HMD Odyssey+ WMR headset no longer displaying visuals. Blinking green light...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Samsung HMD Odyssey+ WMR headset no longer displaying visuals. Blinking green light...: I've been having a pretty agreeable time with my headset up until this point, save for some bugs and bumps it was thus far a great entry into VR, yet after a week vacation out of state, I returned and attempted to power it up for a session, to find that it wouldn't display...
  6. HMD Odyssey Plus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HMD Odyssey Plus: Recently I buy Mixed Reality Helmet "HMD Odyssey Plus" at store "Amazon" in USA. I trying to setup boundaries for mixed reality, but when I holding helmet it in front of me and point it toward my computer nothing happens and "Center" button can't clickable....
  7. Samsung HMD Odyssey+ is a new Windows Mixed Reality headset

in Windows 10 News
    Samsung HMD Odyssey+ is a new Windows Mixed Reality headset: Today, Samsung is refreshing its Windows Mixed Reality headset with some much-needed improvements. The newly announced HMD Odyssey+ is a successor to Samsung’s popular Windows Mixed Reality. This refreshed model comes with some minor tweaks to improve the virtual reality...
  8. Samsung HMD Odyssey+ Windows Mixed Reality headset spotted online

in Windows 10 News
    Samsung HMD Odyssey+ Windows Mixed Reality headset spotted online: Samsung’s new VR headset powered by Microsoft’s Windows 10 operating system is set to launch sooner than expected as the South Korean giant has accidentally published the product page. First spotted by a Reddit user, the details of Samsung HMD Odyssey+ were revealed on the...
  9. Samsung’s new Windows Mixed Reality device shows up in Bluetooth certification

in Windows 10 News
    Samsung’s new Windows Mixed Reality device shows up in Bluetooth certification: There have been some rumours indicating that smartphone maker Samsung is working on a successor to the Gear VR that is likely to support the Galaxy Note 9 by default. It looks like that company is also working on a successor to its Windows Mixed Reality headsets. Samsung’s...
  10. Windows Mixed Reality Samsung Odyssey 'Make sure your display cable is connected'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mixed Reality Samsung Odyssey 'Make sure your display cable is connected': I purchased a Samsung Odyssey HMD, and I have spent 20+ hours trying to get it to work without success. When I plug it in, Mixed Reality Portal opens, and all the initial checks are green, but when I click next it just says 'Make sure your display cable is connected'. The...