Windows 10: New Samsung M.2 SSD, Ive been getting BSOD error, 0x0000000e

Discus and support New Samsung M.2 SSD, Ive been getting BSOD error, 0x0000000e in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone, Seeing as I work in an IT support capacity, ill try my best to explain the situation, and the troubleshooting steps i have taken thus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by betg1792, Feb 3, 2019.

1. betg1792 Win User

New Samsung M.2 SSD, Ive been getting BSOD error, 0x0000000e

Hello everyone,

Seeing as I work in an IT support capacity, ill try my best to explain the situation, and the troubleshooting steps i have taken thus far.

First and foremost my PC Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K Standard clock
    RAM: Gskill RipJaw DDR4 3200 16GB
    Motherboard: Asus Hero VIII
    Primary Hard Drive: Samsung 970 Pro SSD M.2 512MB
    Secondary Hard Drive: Samsung 850 SSD 512 MB
    Tertiary Hard Drive: Seagate Momentus 7200
    GPU: MSI Gaming X GTX 1080
    Three monitors

On to the issue at hand, I recently received a new SSD for my computer (The Samsung 970 Pro M.2), I replaced my old M.2 (Samsung 860 M.2 SSD). I proceed to do a complete reinstall to avoid any issues. After the OS install and all drivers for my video card, SSD's and other hardware. I proceeded to go on about my day, I received the first BSOD when i was watching YouTube on one screen and playing World of Warcraft on the other.

The error was 0x0000000e, So i than did some research and decided to check my hard drive for issues using the /scannow function. Some errors where found and corrected. This however did not resolve my issue, I received the BSOD 2-3 more time since then, the last time being 1 hour ago. The strangest part is it leaves no files in the minidump folder.

I have attached my logs, it would be greatly appreciated if anyone who has some advice or has corrected the issue before could lead me in the right direction. If anymore information is needed i will be happy to provide it to the best of my ability.

:)

betg1792, Feb 3, 2019
  2. jds63 Win User

Samsung 950 Pro M.2

Mine supports M.2 NVMe, on a X99 board in my specs. Right next to the PCIe M.2 connection it even says 10 Gb /s. So i felt not worth it to get Samsung 950 Pro then, I have 850 Pro SSD i 'll survive.

Good luck with vacation, Nice !

jds63, Feb 3, 2019
  3. EdTittel Win User
    Samsung introduces the Samsung 970 PRO and EVO NVMe M.2 SSDs

Les Tokar, over at TheSSDReview.com does a great job of keeping up with new developments in this space. Not surprisingly, he's got reviews of the new Samsung devices up and ready for perusal. I know what I'm buying for my next build, for sure!

Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe SSD Review (500GB/1TB) Evo Becomes a Top Tier SSD | The SSD Review
    Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVMe SSD Review (1TB) The Cost of Being The Worlds Best | The SSD Review

Check 'em out: he's got all the "speeds and feeds" for read/write/IOPs and so forth.

--Ed--

EdTittel, Feb 3, 2019
  4. New Samsung M.2 SSD, Ive been getting BSOD error, 0x0000000e

How to regain all unallocated space on my New Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drive?

Hello Everyone,

I just now installed a new Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 500GB SSD drive to my system, and cloned all the old information from my old 256GB M.2 SSD to this new one. All went good and my system and Bios sees the New Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 500GB
    SSD and it boots to it and runs just Great.

However.. my new Drive is only using the first 250GB like the old drive was. My new drive has 227.30GB of Unallocated space on it.

How can I us all of the New drive??... Is there a Free utility or Paid or can this simple be done in Windows 10 that will allow me to move the unused "unallocated" portion so I can Us my whole 500GB drive??... I tried both EaseUS and Macrium
    Free ware with no Luck.

I'm running the newest drivers and Windows 10 1809 x64. And as you can probably tell I'm new to this and would GREATLY appreciate a step by step on how to do this.

Thank-You for your Help in Advance.

Leprechaun J, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

New Samsung M.2 SSD, Ive been getting BSOD error, 0x0000000e

1. New Samsung M.2 SSD, Ive been getting BSOD error, 0x0000000e - Similar Threads - Samsung SSD Ive

2. Are their drivers for the Samsung PM981A SSD NVME M.2?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Are their drivers for the Samsung PM981A SSD NVME M.2?: Hello Everyone, I recently bought a new laptop with the Samsung PM981a SSD NVME M.2. I feel that the drive isn't fast, especially for this SSD and I don't see Samsung NVME driver in my Device Manager. I read online that the Samsung NVME driver is necessary to boost the...
  3. Samsung M.2 SSD 970 EVO PLUS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Samsung M.2 SSD 970 EVO PLUS: I have recently got an new m.2 SSD and wanted to install it to my motherboard. After doing so I encountered and error stating "Boot from proper device". My HDD has my OS on it and changed the order of boot in the bios but still ran into the issue stated. tried many things...
  4. ?M.2 or ssd

?M.2 or ssd: My ? board has a M-2 slot, will that act the same as a ssd. I'm looking at a Kingmax M-2 2280 B /M SATAIII 256GB. This stuff is confusing to me some times sorry for the confusion while asking my ?s. I have so much new storage in my system now all I'm trying to do is get all...
  5. Samsung SSD 970 EVO M.2

in Windows 10 Customization
    Samsung SSD 970 EVO M.2: Hi I recently installed Samsung SSD 970 EVO M.2 on my Dell Inspiron 3268. Using Samsung Data migration tool, I copied my OS to SSD and wanted to make SSD as my boot drive, but is not getting shown up in BIOS as boot option. I can see PCI as loaded in BIOS, can also see...
  6. M.2 SSD's

M.2 SSD's: Does anyone here run their OS on an M.2 SSD? And if so, do you notice any difference in speed than a regular SSD? 114991
  7. M.2 ssd's

M.2 ssd's: Hi all just to ask I have a asus z170ar I have a intell 520 ssd and just wanted to upgrade to a m.2 and was looking at a samsung nvme m.2 960 evo 500gig or a pro, my mob say it is a m.2 pcie m type. would it fit? 105095
  8. new m.2 pcie ssd

new m.2 pcie ssd: I've installed the above in my pc but it doesn't show up in my bios uefi. I installed thre build in a dual boot configuration. What files do I need to leave in the old drive so as I can boot into the new drive? 54011
  9. SAMSUNG SM961 M.2 NMVe SSD

SAMSUNG SM961 M.2 NMVe SSD: I bought a new SAMSUNG SM961 M.2 NVMe SSD. Mr Google on several sites said that a DVD install will fail at the make Partition stage. I installed from a DVD no problem. The only changes I made in the UEFI was to disable the other drives so as to be sure to install to the...
  10. M.2 ssd

M.2 ssd: Hello, I need some help. I hope I choose the right forum section, newbie here. I purchased a MyDigitalSSD 128GB (MDM242-SBe-128) from Amazon.com, I want to prepare this drive for use in my Dell 3050 mini PC to increase the boot drive size from 32gb to 128gb. The Dell...
Tags: