Windows 10: New SanDisk with SecureAccess shows a red bar in "this PC"

Discus and support New SanDisk with SecureAccess shows a red bar in "this PC" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I bought a new SanDisk Ultra Flair 3.0 Flash Drive, 64 GB "speeds up to 150 MB/sec" It is storing my Macrium Free 7 backup for my HP 840 G2 as is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Airider, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Airider Win User

New SanDisk with SecureAccess shows a red bar in "this PC"

I bought a new SanDisk Ultra Flair 3.0 Flash Drive, 64 GB "speeds up to 150 MB/sec" It is storing my Macrium Free 7 backup for my HP 840 G2 as is the identical SanDisk bought a few years ago [package indicates the same] for my G3. Both were filled with their similar backups. While loading the new one it showed red instead of blue (see attachments), so I thought I did something wrong in the setup, deleted Macrium, also in Registry, downloaded and reinstalled Macrium and emptied the new disk. Before emptying it, I could see that on top of and below the several 4GB stored Macrium backup segments there was a bar indicating "SecureAccess" so I was very careful NOT to delete those SanDisk lines. Then I made a new backup and as it loaded into the new, now empty SanDisk ... the % capacity bar in "this PC" showed blue. but when complete it turned red. I inserted the newly filled-with-backup SanDisk into both the G2 and G3 to check, and BOTH HPs showed the % capacity bar as red. To further check, the older one, now re-filled with its new backup, still shows blue. So this is SanDisk-related and not to which PC it is in! (G2: 21H1; G3: 2004) I did not do anything re: "SecureAccess" (one must download a special program) and it is presumaqbly not password secured. Question: is the red bar only indicating that this SanDisk Flash Drive has the ABILITY to use "SecureAccess"? OR ... is the new one filled up too much?! new SanDisk Ultra Flair 3.0 Flash Drive, 64 GB as seen in BOTH HP 840 G2 AND G3 older SanDisk Ultra Flair 3.0 Flash Drive, 64 GB as seen in BOTH HP 840 G2 AND G3

:)

Airider, Jun 16, 2021

2. Ethernet shows red X and does not appear in settings, but still works

Not sure why this is happening. I have working ethernet and am connected, it works fine. But the taskbar icon shows a red X over it, and the tooltip says "Not Connected - No connections are available". Looking in "Network & Internet", ethernet is not even listed there. And before anyone suggests wireless interference .. this PC does not have a wireless card or integrated wireless.

winderpExpress, Jun 16, 2021
  3. People Bar is not showing up.

Hi,

The missing People Bar could have been disabled when you turn off your computer. To properly diagnose this issue, we would like to know more about the issue by asking the following questions below:

• What is the last action taken before you turn off the computer?
    • What build and version of Windows 10 do you have installed on your computer?
    • Have you attempted to perform any of the troubleshooting steps?

To enable people icon on your taskbar, we suggest that you follow the steps provided below:

• Click on the Start button on Windows 10 and choose Settings.
    • Next, open the Settings app and choose Personalization icon.
    • select Taskbar to open all taskbar settings.
    • Look for People section, turn on Show people on the taskbar to show the People bar from the taskbar.

We look forward to your response and for the results for us to assist you further.

Anthony Gal, Jun 16, 2021
  4. New SanDisk with SecureAccess shows a red bar in "this PC"

My sandisk is not showing up in my new windows 10.

My new sandisk is not showing up in my new windows 10.

kathybedke, Jun 16, 2021
Thema:

New SanDisk with SecureAccess shows a red bar in "this PC"

1. New SanDisk with SecureAccess shows a red bar in "this PC" - Similar Threads - SanDisk SecureAccess shows

2. there is red bars everywhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    there is red bars everywhere: there is red bars every on my screen. Sometimes there transparent, sometimes less transparent. I don’t know if this does go under “Display and Graphics” but I think that relates to this situation.Image 1Image 2Image 3Btw it wouldn’t let me upload images so it’s a link now...
  3. SANDISK NOT SHOWING ON PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SANDISK NOT SHOWING ON PC: Hi, I have a SANDISK USB which i use daily. I was using it last night and have never had any issues. This morning when i plugged it in it didnt flash and wouldnt show on the computer. I tried all differnt ports and 3 differnt computers and the USB wouldnt work. Ive googles...
  4. SANDISK NOT SHOWING ON PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SANDISK NOT SHOWING ON PC: Hi, I have a SANDISK USB which i use daily. I was using it last night and have never had any issues. This morning when i plugged it in it didnt flash and wouldnt show on the computer. I tried all differnt ports and 3 differnt computers and the USB wouldnt work. Ive googles...
  5. SANDISK NOT SHOWING ON PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. New red bar when searching

in Cortana
    New red bar when searching: Recently whenever I search the following Microsoft Search bar shows up the red bar in the photo. I have no idea what has caused this to appear and when looking at my peers they do not have this bar. I am wondering if there is a way to turn it off or what it is. Thanks in...
  7. New red bar when searching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New red bar when searching: Recently whenever I search the following Microsoft Search bar shows up the red bar in the photo. I have no idea what has caused this to appear and when looking at my peers they do not have this bar. I am wondering if there is a way to turn it off or what it is. Thanks in...
  8. New red bar when searching

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. New SanDisk with SecureAccess shows a red bar in "this PC"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New SanDisk with SecureAccess shows a red bar in "this PC": I bought a new SanDisk Ultra Flair 3.0 Flash Drive, 64 GB "speeds up to 150 MB/sec" It is storing my Macrium Free 7 backup for my HP 840 G2 as is the identical SanDisk bought a few years ago [package indicates the same] for my G3. Both were filled with their similar backups....
  10. Sandisk SecureAccess not opening

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sandisk SecureAccess not opening: I tried opening it on my sandisk USB drive, and for some reason it won't open. My mouse turns into the loading sign, then goes back to normal. It's not running in the background as I opened task manager and secureaccess didn't show up. Can somebody help me out? submitted by...