Windows 10: New secure external sharing experience in OneDrive and SharePoint

Discus and support New secure external sharing experience in OneDrive and SharePoint in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; At Ignite we announced a major improvement to the way secure external sharing of files and folders works in both OneDrive and SharePoint in Office 365... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

New secure external sharing experience in OneDrive and SharePoint

Source: Introducing a new secure external sharing experience - Microsoft Tech Community

:)

Brink, Oct 2, 2017
  2. pierke Win User

OneDrive for Business (Sharepoint) Application Syncing Old Files?

Also, it seems that the latest OneDrive for Business on Windows 10 does not sync a shared folder from my Office 365 personal sharepoint site.

pierke, Oct 2, 2017
  3. Documents in Office Hub on Windows Nokia Lumia Icon (Windows Phone 8) not syncing with Office 365.

OK then. Consider that the phone doesn't sync with the laptop, but rather with the cloud. Just a technicality, but the point is the file needs to make it to the cloud (SharePoint/OneDrive) before the phone has any hope of getting any changes. I haven't
    quite got my head around how the two sections, my OneDrive (my files) and the SharePoint (business shares) work. I get that the OneDrive @ files are mine and I can create files and save them there from the phone, or wherever. Files on the SharePoint (Team)
    area are a bit different. I cannot create and send a file there from the phone, though I can see those files 'check them out' and edit them, and they go back whence they came. Once open I can 'save them as', making a new file either on the phone or even in
    my Business or consumer OneDrive. I don't think you have too many people here on this 'consumer' forum that have a lot of experience with the Business offerings. I have had pretty good luck using the O365 Business forums, and even MS support. You are paying
    for support with your subscription. Not putting you off, just not sure I understand how it should work well enough to understand what might be wrong.

Sven Johannsen, Oct 2, 2017
Thema:

New secure external sharing experience in OneDrive and SharePoint

1. New secure external sharing experience in OneDrive and SharePoint - Similar Threads - secure external sharing

2. Shared experience

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shared experience: What is shared experience? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shared-experience/5b25db58-043b-40aa-8c42-d6e2eb220569
  3. Shared experiences

Shared experiences: Permanently disable this please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shared-experiences/36835f74-2f45-419f-8f50-54f1a81dd421
  4. New integrations with AutoCAD for Microsoft OneDrive and SharePoint

in Windows 10 News
    New integrations with AutoCAD for Microsoft OneDrive and SharePoint: Across OneDrive and SharePoint, our vision is to provide simple and secure access to files wherever—and however—your team works. No matter your role, specialization, or industry, we’re always working to expand and connect with the content you find critical. Today, we’re...
  5. Shared Experience

Shared Experience: What does it mean in Shared Experience "everyone nearby" vs "my devices only"? I keep getting notices from Microsoft to update my Settings even though the "My devices only" button is selected....
  6. Shared Experience

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shared Experience: Others seem to have similar problems to this but without many solutions. Every time I log on to my PC I get a message saying that there is a problem with my 'Shared Experience'. Clicking takes me to the relevant control which says that all is fine, but it isn't. My Samsung...
  7. New File Viewers for OneDrive, SharePoint and Teams

in Windows 10 News
    New File Viewers for OneDrive, SharePoint and Teams: OneDrive's vision is to enable you to share and work together on all your files in a simple and secure way, inclusive of your personal files as well as the files you create and manage in shared spaces like SharePoint and Microsoft Teams. A foundational element to this is...
  8. Updates to security, compliance & migration for OneDrive & SharePoint

in Windows 10 News
    Updates to security, compliance & migration for OneDrive & SharePoint: Tuh6fnMv6CM The collaboration landscape has changed In today’s complex and regulated environment, businesses need to focus on building more secure solutions that deliver value to their customers, partners, and shareholders—both in the cloud and on-premises....
  9. New SharePoint and OneDrive capabilities

in Windows 10 News
    New SharePoint and OneDrive capabilities: Today, during the SharePoint Virtual Summit, we unveiled a new wave of innovations that build upon the vision we set forth last year to reinvent content collaboration and usher in a new generation of mobile and intelligent intranets. Customers’ successes inspire us and...
  10. Update Sharing Emails from SharePoint Online & OneDrive for Business

in Windows 10 News
    Update Sharing Emails from SharePoint Online & OneDrive for Business: We’re updating how sharing mails are sent from SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business. We made a change earlier this year to send sharing mails from the sharing user's Exchange Online mailbox. At that time, we also stopped CC'ing the sender as the mails will now...