Windows 10: New security threats

Discus and support New security threats in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Headline-grabbing recent events may spark surprising new security threats, says Rick Grinnell, founder and managing partner of Glasswing Ventures.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Zain Khalid#, Mar 2, 2021.

1. New security threats

Headline-grabbing recent events may spark surprising new security threats, says Rick Grinnell, founder and managing partner of Glasswing Ventures.

“The government shutdown helped contribute to a great cyber threat to the U.S. government, critical infrastructure and other public and private organizations,” Grinnell says. “With the shutdown, many of the security professionals watching for threats at a national level were not on duty, creating a bigger hole for attackers. Time will tell if a month of lowered defenses will have deeper repercussions in 2019 and beyond.”

Tech leaders are also gearing-up for next-generation, AI-driven cyber attacks.

“Security professionals must be extra vigilant with detection and training against these threats,” says John Samuel, CIO at CGS. “This year, companies will need to introduce AI-based protection systems to be able to contain any such attacks introduced by this next-gen tech.”

:)

Zain Khalid#, Mar 2, 2021

2. security threat

Biswa66,

Please stay with this thread
    security threat
    try the suggestions and

post your results.

Don't start yet another new thread about this

hacktool: win32/autokms issue.

Don

Don Varnau, Mar 2, 2021
  3. Worst Threat to Internet Security: Human Error

Frightened by the sheer multitude of ways that a corporate network could be crippled, a consulting firm took it upon themselves to investigate the most harrowing threats to technology on the planet. Deloitte (the aforementioned consulting firm) discovered that while viruses and spyware were all well and good, the worst threat is much harder to control: human error. Anything ranging from a simple malware infection to a complete system take-down could by caused by an employee who presses the wrong button on the wrong day. Coincidentally, companies fear human error more than any other problem. 91% of survey respondents claimed they were worried about human error, while a comparatively paltry 28% were worried about contractor/third-party software.

Source: Neowin.net

zekrahminator, Mar 2, 2021
  4. Biswa66 Win User

New security threats

security threat

* Merged *

tried all possible steps. no resul defender security centre continues to give notification about the same threat again again C:\Windows\Temp\SppExtComObjHook.dll.. when try to find this
    path it shows nothing is there in c drive like that. tell me how can I get rid of it?

Biswa66, Mar 2, 2021
Thema:

New security threats

1. New security threats - Similar Threads - security threats

2. Windows Security Full Scan Leads to BSOD/Threat Service Stops Working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security Full Scan Leads to BSOD/Threat Service Stops Working: Does this indicate severe problems? Safety Scanner finds 4 infected files but doesn't say I have a virus. How do I fix it and do a proper complete scan?...
  3. Windows Security detected threat "Trojan: Script/Wacatac.B!ml" File affected...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Security detected threat "Trojan: Script/Wacatac.B!ml" File affected...: Windows security detected threat and the notification said it was quarantined. That was yesterday. I didn't do anything. Today when I turned on the laptop there was an error message about some file missing or something like that. I checked Protection history and clicked...
  4. Virus & threat protection missing in windows security

in Windows 10 Customization
    Virus & threat protection missing in windows security: Virus & threat protection is somehow missing in windows security. Can anyone tell me how to fix that? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-threat-protection-missing-in-windows/7f0627ce-9b67-4a16-abaa-9477a3cec36b
  5. Windows Security - Virus & Threat Protection won't update

Windows Security - Virus & Threat Protection won't update: Hi, No matter what I tried, windows virus & threat protection won't update and will display an error. Based on people who had similar problems, here is what I tried, with no success: 1 used the windows update troubleshooter 2 used the "sfc /scannow" command, followed by...
  6. Windows Security Virus and Threat Protection Button Issue

Windows Security Virus and Threat Protection Button Issue: For some reason, the button in Windows Security that brings me to virus and threat protection settings is gone. I'm not sure when it happened, as I don't go there often, but I was going to run a scan and I can no longer find it. When I search for it in the search bar and open...
  7. I can't activate windows security's Virus & threat protection

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't activate windows security's Virus & threat protection: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/n1kk10ch1r [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m4s142/i_cant_activate_windows_securitys_virus_threat/
  8. Virus and Threat protection not appearing when going to Microsoft Security

Virus and Threat protection not appearing when going to Microsoft Security: Hello, Every time I log into windows and start my day, a notification from "Windows Security" saying: Turn On Virus Protection Virus protection is turned off. Tap or click to turn on Microsoft Defender Antivirus. But when i click there, this shows up,[ATTACH] I've went to...
  9. Viruses in allowed threats section of windows security

Viruses in allowed threats section of windows security: [ATTACH]So today I noticed all this stuff in the allowed threats section. The problem is that whenever I choose the don't allow option on them they just automatically come right back on the list. I ran a full scan with defender and the safety scanner both found no threats, so...
  10. Windows Security detected a threat, but doesn't give the option for quarantine or removal

Windows Security detected a threat, but doesn't give the option for quarantine or removal: I ran the defender, and a virus popped up. However, I'm not able to remove the virus. That option doesn't exist. I ran malwarebytes and bitdefender and neither of them were able to detect the virus. Do I really have a virus that isn't being removed? Or is Windows Defender...