Windows 10: New Share is not Restricted At All

Discus and support New Share is not Restricted At All in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I created a folder on my Win 10 Enterprise PC and shared it. In testing from my laptop, I was expecting a password prompt. Instead, I connected to the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by davidstvz, Feb 10, 2020.

1. davidstvz Win User

New Share is not Restricted At All

I created a folder on my Win 10 Enterprise PC and shared it. In testing from my laptop, I was expecting a password prompt. Instead, I connected to the share freely with write access to boot. The PC is on a domain and the laptop isn't.

On the PC, if I right-click the shared folder and open properties and go to the sharing tab, I can click share and see only my list of 5 domain users and the PC's local account "admin" which is the owner. If I click "advanced sharing" and select permissions, share permissions are limited to the local "Administrators" group. "Everyone" was originally included, but I removed it and rebooted.

On the Security tab, I see a summary of both these things local "admin", 5 domain users and "Administrators" group; nothing else. Clicking Edit reveals the same thing. Clicking the Advanced button on the permissions section also shows the same. I don't see any possible source or setting for which any unauthenticated user should be able to access this share.

What am I missing here?

:)

davidstvz, Feb 10, 2020
  2. johnkwon1 Win User

Microsoft Family shared content restriction

Thanks for the response, but this has nothing to do with what I'm asking. I know how to set content restriction for each of my children, but it becomes tedious for me to have to maintain 4 different content restriction "Only Allowed" list when that list
    will be the same for all 4 children. Is there a way to share that list or export/import the list among the children within the family?

johnkwon1, Feb 10, 2020
  3. johnkwon1 Win User
    Microsoft Family shared content restriction

I've tried to search for this subject, but was unable to find any meaningful information.

I have four children setup and for the web browsing content restriction, we have it setup that they are only allowed access to websites listed in the "Only Allowed" list (whitelist). What I would like to do is manage one list for all my children. Is there
    a way to share the "Only Allowed" list among other children in the family?

johnkwon1, Feb 10, 2020
  4. New Share is not Restricted At All

Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

New Share is not Restricted At All

1. New Share is not Restricted At All - Similar Threads - Share Restricted

2. Want to restrict standard user account to share any folder and sub-files, but admin account...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Want to restrict standard user account to share any folder and sub-files, but admin account...: I Want to Restrict the Standard User Account from Sharing Any folder and files but the Admin Account Can Share that folder and files.Till now I have used :- I'm Using Windows 11 pro edition Create a New User Group:In the Local Users and Groups window, right-click on "Groups"...
  3. Want to restrict standard user account to share any folder and sub-files, but admin account...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Want to restrict standard user account to share any folder and sub-files, but admin account...: I Want to Restrict the Standard User Account from Sharing Any folder and files but the Admin Account Can Share that folder and files.Till now I have used :- I'm Using Windows 11 pro edition Create a New User Group:In the Local Users and Groups window, right-click on "Groups"...
  4. How to give full access to a shared folder between Windows 10 and 11 while restricting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to give full access to a shared folder between Windows 10 and 11 while restricting...: First, let me state my Platform:ASUS Prime Z390A MBIntel I-Core I9 CPUDual Boot Hard Drive with:TeraByte Bootit UEFI Boot Manager a separate partition from the following partitionsWindows 10 Pro with all current Updates on C:\ [\\Desktop\NameA] [IP Address: 10.0.0.127]Windows...
  5. How to give full access to a shared folder between Windows 10 and 11 while restricting...

How to give full access to a shared folder between Windows 10 and 11 while restricting...: First, let me state my Platform:ASUS Prime Z390A MBIntel I-Core I9 CPUDual Boot Hard Drive with:TeraByte Bootit UEFI Boot Manager a separate partition from the following partitionsWindows 10 Pro with all current Updates on C:\ [\\Desktop\NameA] [IP Address: 10.0.0.127]Windows...
  6. How do you restrict staff’s ability to create/delete/modify folders only in a shared drive...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you restrict staff’s ability to create/delete/modify folders only in a shared drive...: How do you restrict staff’s ability to create/delete/modify folders only in a shared drive? However staff should continue to be able to Create/save/delete/modify files within these folders and anywhere on the shared drive?...
  7. How do you restrict staff’s ability to create/delete/modify folders only in a shared drive...

How do you restrict staff’s ability to create/delete/modify folders only in a shared drive...: How do you restrict staff’s ability to create/delete/modify folders only in a shared drive? However staff should continue to be able to Create/save/delete/modify files within these folders and anywhere on the shared drive?...
  8. How do you restrict staff’s ability to create/delete/modify folders only in a shared drive...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. How to Restrict network shares access for a specific domain user in all computer except a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Restrict network shares access for a specific domain user in all computer except a...: I have this requirement where: There is a particular domain User "Superuser1" in my AD Domain Controller for whom I want to set this below rules:Block access to network drives network shares and shared folders for this User on all workstations and allow access to the same...
  10. How to Restrict network shares access for a specific domain user in all computer except a...

How to Restrict network shares access for a specific domain user in all computer except a...: I have this requirement where: There is a particular domain User "Superuser1" in my AD Domain Controller for whom I want to set this below rules:Block access to network drives network shares and shared folders for this User on all workstations and allow access to the same...