Windows 10: New sign on screen and update mess up

Discus and support New sign on screen and update mess up in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Sort of a trivial question, but what happened to the beautiful pics that would fill my screen when I first log on to my laptop? Yes, I did get the new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by daboo2, Oct 17, 2018.

1. daboo2 Win User

New sign on screen and update mess up

Sort of a trivial question, but what happened to the beautiful pics that would fill my screen when I first log on to my laptop? Yes, I did get the new update and lost a bunch of programs. Tried system restore to no avail. Finally, just reloaded all the missing programs, like McAfee, Malwarebytes, CCleaner, System Mechanic. I did notice a new sign-on option, Microsoft Hello, but my laptop is so old it won't support that, so I just continue to log on the Microsoft old way.

Just wondering if the photos will return, or am I destined to stare at a blah blue screen when I sign in? Thanks for humoring an old broad!

:)

daboo2, Oct 17, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

New unified Microsoft Sign-in experience is now in public preview

Source: The new Azure AD Signin Experience is now in Public Preview Enterprise Mobility and Security Blog

Brink, Oct 17, 2018
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 17, 2018
  4. btarunr Win User

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Oct 17, 2018
Thema:

1. New sign on screen and update mess up - Similar Threads - sign screen update

2. Update messed up applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update messed up applications: Split from this thread.This latest update was not requested by me or anyone else in the building. This unsolicited update has obliterated all of my applications.Including my large financial planning SW product. The fact that the SW modules are not running tells me that they...
  3. Messed up screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Messed up screen.: So, My laptop's lower right side has been broken for a while therefore I've been holding the thing together with a paperclip the large ones, not the ones used to hold a few papers together and today it was fine until i put it in my bag and opened it just now. There has been a...
  4. Messed up screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Messed up screen.: So, My laptop's lower right side has been broken for a while therefore I've been holding the thing together with a paperclip the large ones, not the ones used to hold a few papers together and today it was fine until i put it in my bag and opened it just now. There has been a...
  5. Update messed up pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Update messed up pc: I was forced to download the latest windows update. Afterwards, my computer will randomly freeze after a period of time, and I can only move the mouse cursor. I cant even bring up task manager. I am unable to uninstall the latest update...
  6. Update messed up explorer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update messed up explorer?: Just made a clean install since this thing has been giving me a lot of errors, everything was working fine until i had to reset once to install updates, now: >Start menu wont open >Settings wont open >Cpu consuption is acting weird, shows im using 100% at 0,1 mb >If i...
  7. Messed up Screen Resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    Messed up Screen Resolution: My entire screen resolution becomes really weird and messed up looks like vertical lines whenever I'm on playing a video on YouTube or in a Zoom meeting, but as soon as I go to another tab or even simply scroll down to the comments section on Youtube, it goes back to normal....
  8. My screen is messed up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My screen is messed up: I have a HP-Pavilion 23 TouchSmart all in one pc (Model: No.f217c). The screen all of a sudden has a green shade, and I tried restarting, unplugging, all of that. No changes. Sometimes pink/white lines and stuff will fill up the screen and go crazy, and I'm not sure what to...
  9. New update messes my start menu up

in Windows 10 Support
    New update messes my start menu up: I tested to see if my menu works before I installed the new update, and it was working. After restart for the update I checked it again and it's missing. What is up with these updates that keep removing my start menu? This is getting to be a pain and to think I liked windows...
  10. 1709 Update (Messed Up WAS)

in Windows 10 Support
    1709 Update (Messed Up WAS): Looks like I have 8 errors because WAS will not start. Anybody having issues after update with WAS NOT RUNNING, If so what is the fix... Thanks... [img] [img] [img] 98249