Windows 10: New simple space in Disk Management files not appearing

Discus and support New simple space in Disk Management files not appearing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. I am having problems with a hard drive. My drive was not showing up in "This PC" and I created new simple space in Disk Management. Now, the new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Shahin Huseynli, Apr 30, 2020.

1. New simple space in Disk Management files not appearing

Hello. I am having problems with a hard drive. My drive was not showing up in "This PC" and I created new simple space in Disk Management. Now, the new volume shows up in "This PC", but it is not possible to see my files. The size of the hard drive is now 1.81 TB instead of 2 TB, which may mean that I have not lost the files. Could you please guide me through the steps to get my files back? Thank you.

:)

Shahin Huseynli, Apr 30, 2020

2. Disk Management

Hi Keith,

Thanks for providing the detail that was requested previously. Since the disk management screen that you saw is showing greyed out options, we suggest that you follow the steps below to change the partition type of your internal drive:

• Open Disk Management then right click the partition on the disk you want to covert and select Delete Volume.
    • Once you complete the process you will see the whole disk shown as two separate unallocated spaces. Right-click the disk and select Convert to GPT disk.

After the conversion, you will be able to use the whole disk and then you can create new separate partitions.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Apr 30, 2020
  3. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Apr 30, 2020
  4. Joan Pin Win User

New simple space in Disk Management files not appearing

disk space reduced after media creation tool

Hi Sarah,

One of the possible reasons why your disk space was reduced is due to an unallocated disk space on your partitions. For us to isolate your concern, we suggest that you check your device's partition. To do this, follow the steps provided below:

• Type Computer Management on Ask me anything and press
      Enter.
    • Select Storage and click on Disk Management.
    • Send us a screenshot.
    We look forward to your response.

Joan Pin, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

New simple space in Disk Management files not appearing

1. New simple space in Disk Management files not appearing - Similar Threads - simple space Disk

2. Disk Management partition free space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Management partition free space: Win 10 Pro, 21H2, fully up-to-date. Disk Management shows status of partitions 1, 4, 5, 6 and C: partition 3 on the 512GB SSD boot drive disk 1. It lists the capacity of the partitions, how much is Free Space, and % Free. For partitions 1, 4, 5, 6, it says their entire...
  3. Disk Management partition free space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk Management partition free space: Win 10 Pro, 21H2, fully up-to-date. Disk Management shows status of partitions 1, 4, 5, 6 and C: partition 3 on the 512GB SSD boot drive disk 1. It lists the capacity of the partitions, how much is Free Space, and % Free. For partitions 1, 4, 5, 6, it says their entire...
  4. Disk Management partition free space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. disk space management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disk space management: I have unallocated space but i am unable to add it to c drive as it is not adjacent to c drive.how to move unallocated space to the right of c drive so that extend volume option is not greyed out...
  6. disk space management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disk space management: I have unallocated space but i am unable to add it to c drive as it is not adjacent to c drive.how to move unallocated space to the right of c drive so that extend volume option is not greyed out...
  7. disk space management

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Move Unallocated Space in the Disk Management

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move Unallocated Space in the Disk Management: How do I move my unallocated space from disk 0 to disk 1 without using any outside sources. [Original Title: Disk Management] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-unallocated-space-in-the-disk-management/b88aa317-e6d3-4902-9fd4-6794aa4912b9
  9. Unallocated space is not visible in Disk Management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unallocated space is not visible in Disk Management: Hi, So I shrunk my F: drive volume by 30000MB, and after shrinking it, it was not visible as unallocated space. At this point, my F: Drive's space decreased 30GB, yet the unallocated space wasn't visible on Disk Management. Thus, I tried to shrink it again, but the same...
  10. Disk space management assistance

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk space management assistance: Good job, ! I'm glad you got it sorted.*Smile IF you were to want to recover that disk space (now unallocated) to use in the Windows partition, the next step would be using a partition tool (similar to: https://www.partitionwizard.com/free...n-manager.html ) to slide the...