Windows 10: New Skylake Build Randomly Freezing/Crashing

Discus and support New Skylake Build Randomly Freezing/Crashing in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi, I just created my first build and am having some major issues. I have tried everything I can think of and am at my wit's end. :??: I am having... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by sajidali27, Oct 20, 2015.

1. New Skylake Build Randomly Freezing/Crashing

Hi, I just created my first build and am having some major issues. I have tried everything I can think of and am at my wit's end. :??:
    I am having trouble with my computer randomly freezing or going to a black screen with my monitor saying there is no connection. The freezing was happening when I had my graphics card in and was completely random. It could freeze when the pc was just idling, browsing the web, or during a game. I took the graphics card out and am using the integrated graphics on the processor now. However, now the computer will randomly go to a black screen, saying that there is no connection to the pc. This forces me to do a hard reset in order for it to work again. I thought it might be the display port cable so I switched to an hdmi, but it does the same thing except, instead of going to a black screen the monitor will flash a bunch of different colors and is frozen on whatever the screen was on.
    I thought the problem was fixed after taking the graphics card out, but after a day it started up again. The computer seems to go to the black screen when the pc is idling for at least 10 minutes every time, but it will still do it randomly when using the pc.
    I have all the latest driver updates that I know of and have the latest BIOS for my motherboard. My temps for everything are also running fine. My graphics card was at 36C when idling and my processor sits at about 21C.
    When I look at the windows event viewer, the only error that is right before the critical error of my hard reset is this Event 56, Application Popup error. I am not sure if that is what is causing it but it is there every time. I have no clue what to do. I have checked my ram for errors and there were none, and when I stress test the processor it doesn't seem to have any problems. I have reinstalled Windows multiple times. I am starting to think it is the motherboard that is bad. I have been trying to fix this for weeks. I can barely use my $1500 computer like this.
    Any help I could get would be greatly appreciated. *Smile
    Here are my specs:
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 7
    RAM: 2x8GB Crucial 2400
    Processor: Intel Core i5-6600k @3.50GHz
    PSU: Corsair RM 650W
    SSD: 250GB Samsung Evo (OS is on this one)
    HDD: 1Tb Westerd Digital Blue
    GPU: GeForce GTX 980 (Not in at the moment)
    CD/DVD: Samsung CD Writer and BR Reader
    Wireless Card: TP Link N900

:)

sajidali27, Oct 20, 2015
  2. mattpwill Win User

Resume from sleep crash

Thank you for your reply, I tried the new driver but still get crashes on resume every couple of days. I don't really know what to do apart from upgrade the PC to a skylake build and hope I stop getting these annoying crashes

mattpwill, Oct 20, 2015
  3. Building a PC with windows 8.1 disc, how to acquire windows 10

So im in the process of building a new windows PC but am waiting for intel skylake and the motherboards for it. I have an OEM windows 8.1 disc and would like to use windows 10 for the build. Is there a way to register or get windows without having to buy
    a copy of it when skylake is released?

BillyLynch, Oct 20, 2015
  4. Snakeyes Win User

New Skylake Build Randomly Freezing/Crashing

As dumb as it sounds, try changing the cable to the monitor.

Snakeyes, Oct 24, 2015
Thema:

New Skylake Build Randomly Freezing/Crashing

1. New Skylake Build Randomly Freezing/Crashing - Similar Threads - Skylake Build Randomly

2. Random explorer crashes and freezes on a new system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random explorer crashes and freezes on a new system: Hi everyone I bought a new laptop and decided to try Win11 for the first time. Everything's fine except for some annoying errors:1 - explorer.exe will randomly crash taskbar disappears for a second and reappears2 - when i open action center it will freeze for 0.5 seconds3 -...
  3. Random explorer crashes and freezes on a new system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random explorer crashes and freezes on a new system: Hi everyone I bought a new laptop and decided to try Win11 for the first time. Everything's fine except for some annoying errors:1 - explorer.exe will randomly crash taskbar disappears for a second and reappears2 - when i open action center it will freeze for 0.5 seconds3 -...
  4. New pc build random crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New pc build random crashes: Hey there, hoping to get some quick help with a new pc build for my son. For some reason it has random crashes/hangs and reboots from blue screen to bios. Which then cannot see the nvme drive until I physically hold case power button to shut down, then let it sit for a couple...
  5. New pc build random crashes

in Windows 10 Support
    New pc build random crashes: Hey there, hoping to get some quick help with a new pc build for my son. For some reason it has random crashes/hangs and reboots from blue screen to bios. Which then cannot see the nvme drive until I physically hold case power button to shut down, then let it sit for a couple...
  6. New Build Random Freezes/BSOD

New Build Random Freezes/BSOD: Ok, ill start with saying i just built a new PC and when everything is going well it runs AMAZING. About two or three times a day while playing games or just having the pc on the desktop, it will freeze or restart to BSOD. Only way to reboot is to hit the power button and...
  7. random crash on brand new build

random crash on brand new build: just as the title says this is a brand new build specs are as follows motherboard asus x99 deluxe ii cpu intel core i7 6800k cpu cooler hyper 212 gpu asus strix gtx 1070 8gb crucial ballistix 32gb ddr4 2400 1tb ssd (os) brought over from old system 1tb wd red...
  8. Random BSODs and Freezes, new Skylake build; 0xa, 0xc1, 0x3b, 0x1a,...

Random BSODs and Freezes, new Skylake build; 0xa, 0xc1, 0x3b, 0x1a,...: hey guys, i built a pc around 2 months ago: i5 6600k Asrock Z170 Extreme4 G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x4GB (3000MHz) XFX Radeon RX480 8GB OCZ Trident 240GB SSD Seasonic S12II-620W i bought these components for overclocking, so i did that very early on. the first 2...
  9. Random Crash/Freeze on Build 10130

Random Crash/Freeze on Build 10130: Hello everyone. I have been running the Windows 10 preview for the last few months and other than a driver issue here or there, did not experience any real problems. However, with the last update to build 10130, I have been experiencing a random crash/freeze that manifests...
  10. Help New Skylake build getting random bosd after waking up from sleep

Help New Skylake build getting random bosd after waking up from sleep: Hey everyone, just sign in only to ask you guys about my problems, i have been searching for answer almost 2 day in row but no good result. Here is the problem I bought about month ago , new CPU , RAM , and MOBO, CPU : i7 SKylake 6700 MOBO : Msi - Gaming Pro...