Windows 10: new skype installation: camera, microphone, speakers: no device found

Discus and support new skype installation: camera, microphone, speakers: no device found in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Skype just installed and I just used it successfully for calling a landline. In settings it complains camera, microphone, speakers: no device found --... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ExcessPhase, Oct 6, 2018.

1. new skype installation: camera, microphone, speakers: no device found

Skype just installed and I just used it successfully for calling a landline.

In settings it complains camera, microphone, speakers: no device found -- and there is no method to repair this, only a weblink, with no information about the problem.

So - how to repair this?

Skype version 8.30.0.73

???? Application version 14.30.73.0 ???

:)

ExcessPhase, Oct 6, 2018

2. Skype "can't access sound card" for microphone

Hi,

As you are facing issues with accessing the microphone on Skype. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

We appreciate your time spent in resolving the issue.

• Do let us know if you have made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Which version of Skype have you installed on your computer?

As a workaround, I suggest you to check if there are any updates for the Skype app in Windows Store. If so, try to install the updates and check if it helps.

Also, I recommend you to check with the settings in Skype app.

Step 1: Check configuration in Skype

Normally, you will receive the message about recording device error, if the microphone or the webcam is not configured properly in Skype.

To check configuration:

• Open Skype and navigate to tools
    • Click options and check for sound device.

Step 2: Verify in the recording tab if the Microphone is enabled and working.

To check:

• Click Start, click Control Panel
    • Click Soundand click Audio.

Hope it helps. Update us the status with the error message on Skype for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 6, 2018
  3. Skype (Problem with recording device) Team Speak3( Microphone disabled)

Hi Gosia,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing with accessing the microphone. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the make and model of your computer?

Let us try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Method 2: Check for the settings in Skype app.

Step 1: Check configuration in Skype

Normally, you will receive the message about recording device error, if the microphone or the webcam is not configured properly in Skype.

To check configuration:

a. Open Skype and navigate to
    tools

b. Click options and check for sound device.

Step 2: Verify in the recording tab if the Microphone is enabled and working.

To check:

a. Click Start, click
    Control Panel

b. Click Soundand click Audio.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the microphone for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 6, 2018
  4. Jelu Cal Win User

new skype installation: camera, microphone, speakers: no device found

Windows 10 camera and microphone

Hi Mary,

Integration of the camera and microphone systems on an application is facilitated by both the hardware and software components of your device. To better understand your concern, we'd like to know the following:

• If you're able to use the camera and microphone on other applications like Skype, Facebook, Google Hangouts etc.
    • The last changes made/activities performed on your device prior to the issue.
    • The version and build of Windows 10 that you're using on your device. To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this

link

In the meantime, please refer to the following links to troubleshoot the camera and microphone components of your device:

Troubleshoot camera

Troubleshoot microphone

Also, we'd recommend testing the camera using the application's test procedures. To do this, you can perform the following:

Before a meeting

• Login to the Zoom client.
    • Click Settings.
    • Click the Video tab.
    • You will then see a preview of your camera and you can choose a different camera if needed.
    • Click the Audio tab to test for sound.

During a meeting

• In the meeting controls, click the arrow nest to Mute/Unmute.
    • Click Audio options.
    • This will open the audio settings.
    • Click Test Speaker to play a sound. If you cannot hear it, select a different speaker from the menu or adjust the Output volume.
    • In the Microphone section, you will see the green Input Level bar move when Zoom is picking up audio.
    • Click the Test Mic to test your microphone.
    • Your audio will start recording. Click Recording when you are done and it will play back. You can select another microphone from the menu or adjust the input level.
    • Tick Automatically adjust microphone settings if you want Zoom to adjust the input volume automatically.

Note: The steps are based on the stated procedures from its developer's website. Please contact the developer should you need further application specific support.

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

new skype installation: camera, microphone, speakers: no device found

1. new skype installation: camera, microphone, speakers: no device found - Similar Threads - skype installation camera

2. camera not found on device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    camera not found on device manager: No camera on zoom since January 2022. Redownloaded Zoom. Camera not found in device manager. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-not-found-on-device-manager/319f0f52-aa72-4e87-8b5b-03a7b26bf12d
  3. camera not found on device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    camera not found on device manager: No camera on zoom since January 2022. Redownloaded Zoom. Camera not found in device manager. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-not-found-on-device-manager/319f0f52-aa72-4e87-8b5b-03a7b26bf12d
  4. Camera not found in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera not found in device manager: Hello, when I open my camera app I receive an error notification that they cannot find my camera. I have tried to update my camera settings and my general settings too but I just cannot find the camera in the device manager and am unable to install a camera driver. Could you...
  5. Camera NO DEVICE FOUND

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera NO DEVICE FOUND: Camera stopped working error code 0xA00F4244Anyone got a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-no-device-found/3eb6afe8-7f2d-46ec-ae38-e833c6769fe2
  6. Camera not found in device mamager

Camera not found in device mamager: Hello I am now beyond frustrated & hope someone can hep. Within the last month my camera suddenly could not be found. I have done every update/ troubleshoot. Cannot uninstall/ reinstall from device manager or system as not highlighted. Tried installing hardware but says...
  7. Device Camera not found

Device Camera not found: Having a problem with my in-built laptop camera after the latest Windows Update which was released yesterday KB4565627 & KB 4565503. Not able to access Zoom Video because I get a message stating " Device not found". Checked the Device manager and couldn't find the camera...
  8. "No camera found" on Skype

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "No camera found" on Skype: Why do i have "video calling disabled, no camera found" on Skype ?. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Skype . Camera is turned on in settings , ,windows up to date too, antivirus up to date. where do i find Skype tool too please. I am new to internet Thank you * Moved from...
  9. Camera Not Found Not In Device Manager

Camera Not Found Not In Device Manager: There was a windows update some time ago, not sure how long, that somehow knocked my laptop camera out. I saw the thread about this problem, but my camera is gone. It is not listed anywhere in the device manager to be able to correct it. I am at a loss. The microsoft...
  10. Problems with speakers and microphone on Skype

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Problems with speakers and microphone on Skype: I have problems with the microphone and speakers in my Skype application on my PC with windows 10. How would you solve this problem? Help me, please....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. skype no device found

2. skype camera no device found

3. skype no device found camera

4. skype no camera found,
  5. no device found skype camera,
  6. skype speakers no device found,
  7. no device found skype,
  8. skype no device found microphone,
  9. skype no device found speakers mic,
  10. skype no speakers found,
  11. skype microphone and speaker no device found,