Windows 10: New small image next to search bar today

Discus and support New small image next to search bar today in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This small picture next to the search bar showed up for me today. WHat is it and how do I remove it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mangobob2036, Apr 26, 2022.

1. New small image next to search bar today

This small picture next to the search bar showed up for me today. WHat is it and how do I remove it?

:)

mangobob2036, Apr 26, 2022

2. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Apr 26, 2022
  3. samstag31 Win User
    Disable new search bar in Office 365

Strange behavior here. I removed the RegKeys yesterday and started Outlook. Search bar was at old location. Happy!
    But after reboot today the serch bar reappears on top. Did the steps again and again, even with permissions change but can't get the search bar back to the old location. My Outlook Version is 2008. Why isn't it working any more?

samstag31, Apr 26, 2022
  4. dekayd Win User

New small image next to search bar today

Was there a search bar update today?

New small image next to search bar today [​IMG]

This is what mine looks like after they updated. When I set up mine I never had the news feed showing up. I didn't need it.

dekayd, Apr 26, 2022
Thema:

New small image next to search bar today

1. New small image next to search bar today - Similar Threads - small image next

2. Search bar on small taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search bar on small taskbar: [ATTACH] Is this new? I don't remember Windows 10 supports showing the search box if small taskbar icons is enabled. https://preview.redd.it/st95bo4ulu4a1.png?width=416&format=png&auto=webp&s=8ec4815f928e201b60ae0cc036b55274bbf916c2 OS Build: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC...
  3. Image next to my search bar

in Cortana
    Image next to my search bar: how do i remove this image from my search bar?is it some virus or whatit just showed up one day, as if by magicwhen i click the image itself not the search boxthe start menu opens up like thisthe left side has the normal start menu items, but the right side has this thing...
  4. Image next to my search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Image next to my search bar: how do i remove this image from my search bar?is it some virus or whatit just showed up one day, as if by magicwhen i click the image itself not the search boxthe start menu opens up like thisthe left side has the normal start menu items, but the right side has this thing...
  5. Image next to my search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Image next to my search bar

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. New small image next to search bar today

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New small image next to search bar today: This small picture next to the search bar showed up for me today. WHat is it and how do I remove it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-small-image-next-to-search-bar-today/05f118b6-6911-45f0-aee6-69a44aa37d50
  8. New small image next to search bar today

in Windows 10 Customization
    New small image next to search bar today: This small picture next to the search bar showed up for me today. WHat is it and how do I remove it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-small-image-next-to-search-bar-today/05f118b6-6911-45f0-aee6-69a44aa37d50
  9. Search bar acting weird today.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search bar acting weird today.: Alright guys; So since today, I have this little problem which makes a box around the search bar thing.Let me show you. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qzfac-tRBIICA77mKYLhLUG95OsPn_h3/view?usp=sharing As you see in the picture, I have a little black outline around the...
  10. Was there a search bar update today?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Was there a search bar update today?: Mine changed. It used to have four or five icons on the top. With one column showing my recent apps, and the other one with weather and an icon for news. This just changed today. Now it's showing me weather and multiple news stories on the left, and tons of my recent apps on...