Windows 10: New-SmbMapping command from ssh client on openssh server on windows 10 fails with Windows...

Discus and support New-SmbMapping command from ssh client on openssh server on windows 10 fails with Windows... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Running "New-SmbMapping" command from windows 10 client itself works successfully. On windows 10, open ssh server has been configured to log on as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by YogeshSingh1, Jun 11, 2019.

1. New-SmbMapping command from ssh client on openssh server on windows 10 fails with Windows...

Running "New-SmbMapping" command from windows 10 client itself works successfully. On windows 10, open ssh server has been configured to log on as local "Administrator" user. Running "New-SmbMapping" command from a remote Mac client through ssh session as "Administrator" user fails with

New-SmbMapping : A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated.

At line:1 char:4

+ & {New-SmbMapping -LocalPath Y: -Persistent 1 -RemotePath "\\ABEFS-30 ...

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (MSFT_SmbMapping:ROOT/Microsoft/...MSFT_SmbMapping) [New-SmbMapping], CimException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Windows System Error 1312,New-SmbMapping

Security policy setting -

Network access: Do not allow storage of passwords and credentials for network authentication is Disabled.

New-SmbMapping command from ssh client on openssh server on windows 10 fails with Windows System Error 1312

:)

YogeshSingh1, Jun 11, 2019

2. SSH client/server? VPN? RDP?

An icon for SSH? Have you used open ssh before?

OpenSSH is a command line tool.. you can use the SSH client by running it in an x terminal:

ssh -l username remotehost

will log into a system called remotehost using the username "username"

It doesn't have an icon and can't be launched / used in that way...

cpitchford, Jun 11, 2019
  3. SSH client/server? VPN? RDP?

Howdy,

I run OpenSSH client and server on my N900. I use the SSH server connect into my N900 and control it via the x11vnc server.

I also use OpenConnect VPN client to connect into my Cisco ASA firewall using SSL VPN. I sometimes use rdesktop to RDP to Widows machines on the network.

All of these programs are on the Maemo Extras-Devel repository.

Check out this link and go to the "How to activate Extras-devel" section:

Extras-devel - maemo.org wiki

Works like a charm.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Chris

cnicola---01, Jun 11, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

New-SmbMapping command from ssh client on openssh server on windows 10 fails with Windows...

Windows Server 2019 Includes OpenSSH

Source: Windows Server 2019 Includes OpenSSH - Windows Developer Blog

Brink, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

New-SmbMapping command from ssh client on openssh server on windows 10 fails with Windows...

1. New-SmbMapping command from ssh client on openssh server on windows 10 fails with Windows... - Similar Threads - SmbMapping command ssh

2. OpenSSH SSH server from unknown manufacturer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OpenSSH SSH server from unknown manufacturer: I recently I got hit by Virus:Win32/Neshta.A, I had to disable some services to get my PC running again, I came across a service called "OpenSSH SSH server" from an unknown manufacturer, shlould I leave it disabled and try to get rid of it?...
  3. OpenSSH SSH server from unknown manufacturer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OpenSSH SSH server from unknown manufacturer: I recently I got hit by Virus:Win32/Neshta.A, I had to disable some services to get my PC running again, I came across a service called "OpenSSH SSH server" from an unknown manufacturer, shlould I leave it disabled and try to get rid of it?...
  4. OpenSSH SSH server from unknown manufacturer

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. OpenSSH Server / client on W2K16 server

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    OpenSSH Server / client on W2K16 server: Hi there running a W2K16 server as a VM - seems the the optional features install don't include the openSSH server or client -- I'm using the Desktop experience standard edition of W2K16 server However using the powershell command from within the VM both products get...
  6. Domain client's OpenSSH Server install is stuck and then fails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Domain client's OpenSSH Server install is stuck and then fails: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Machine is on a domain, thats how it gets logged in. Doesn't that imply that it knows where the WSUS is? Is there another reason? Theres a workaround on github that I'd rather not use. Does anyway know how to make this go?...
  7. Create OpenSSH server windows 10 2004 : error 1067 ; can't run the service OpenSSH SSH...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Create OpenSSH server windows 10 2004 : error 1067 ; can't run the service OpenSSH SSH...: Hi, I had recently to reset my installation in order to update windows I had big problems, trust me.. Now I am trying to install an open ssh server, but I have an error when launching it 2.png.[ATTACH] Do someone know this error ? Can you help me to solved it ? Titouan...
  8. OpenSSH server configuration on Windows10 .ssh\config

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OpenSSH server configuration on Windows10 .ssh\config: SSH for Windows 10 I get the message "Bad owner or permissions on C: \\ Users \\ nnn / .ssh / config Apart from update no other changes. Does anyone have any idea what that could be. If I delete the config file I get a connection. The Config file is required by Visual...
  9. Install and configure OpenSSH client and server on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Install and configure OpenSSH client and server on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The SSH (Secure Shell) protocol works by authenticating a remote user and transferring inputs from the client to the host. It then re-transmits the output back to the client – the communication is delivered encrypted so the security is much [...] This post...
  10. New-SmbMapping command from ssh client on openssh server on windows 10 fails with Windows...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New-SmbMapping command from ssh client on openssh server on windows 10 fails with Windows...: Running "New-SmbMapping" command from windows 10 client itself works successfully. On windows 10, open ssh server has been configured to log on as local "Administrator" user. Running "New-SmbMapping" command from a remote Mac client through ssh session as "Administrator" user...