Windows 10: New somewhat odd USB hub notifications

Discus and support New somewhat odd USB hub notifications in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently I have been getting this odd USB notification. I say 'odd' because I have never had as many as 5 hubs. It has just appeared again now, when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by clayto, May 4, 2021.

1. clayto Win User

New somewhat odd USB hub notifications

Recently I have been getting this odd USB notification. I say 'odd' because I have never had as many as 5 hubs. It has just appeared again now, when I only have one connected and I rarely have more than two.

:)

clayto, May 4, 2021
  2. clayto Win User

New somewhat odd USB hub notifications [​IMG]

Recently I have been getting this odd USB notification. I say 'odd' because I have never had as many as 5 hubs. It has just appeared again now, when I only have one connected and I rarely have more than two.

clayto, May 4, 2021
  3. Bastet Win User

How many ports does the USB hub have?
    Was there anything added just before the notification appeared - program, new devices etc?

Bastet, May 4, 2021
  4. New somewhat odd USB hub notifications

USB HUB

Hi,

Incompatible USB hub driver is one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. We recommend uninstalling the USB Root Hub driver and see if it helps. Follow the stepes below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Double-click Universal Serial Bus controllers to expand.
    • Right-click USB Root Hub, then click Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab.
    • Click Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer.
    Note: Restarting your computer will automatically reinstall a generic driver for your computer. Also, we suggest connecting your USB hub while performing the steps.

If the issue still persists, let's disable the USB selective suspend settings thru Power Options to resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Type Power Options in the search box, then press Enter.
    • Locate USB settings > USB selective suspend settings.
    • Select Disable.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. New somewhat odd USB hub notifications - Similar Threads - somewhat odd USB

2. USB HUB Help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB HUB Help: Good Day,I need help regards my Lenovo Ideapad-15iby.I am using a USB Hub to maximize ports I can use. But unfortunately, Every time I plug my Power / Charge my device. It "automatically" "disable" my USB HUB and anything connected to it.I would really appreciate some Answers...
  3. Odd Notification on Personal Laptop....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Odd Notification on Personal Laptop....: So my personal laptop just gave me a notification saying "Your organization requires your device to restart in 15 days." Like I said, this is my personal laptop, and it is not associated/registered to any organization or company. A little concerning if you ask me....Has...
  4. USB Hub

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Hub: hey guys, yesterday I bought an external USB Hub so I can have more than 2 USB ports. when I connect it, my laptop doesn't recognize any USB or my Wireless mouse. also I know it works because when I connect my Cool-pad to it, it starts to work. what is the problem? could...
  5. Received notification for Feedback Hub

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Received notification for Feedback Hub: Feedback Hub? Right of the clock. lower right corner there is symbol. Notifications. Notices do appear. On Sept. 9, 2020 a Notice appeared. I checked Out the Notice. What appeared. Feedback Hub "Windows recently updated your device. How satisfied are your with the...
  6. odd notifications

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    odd notifications: I'm getting frequent notifications that my McAfee has expired I haven't had a McAfee account in years as well as notifications informing me that my search history isn't private. It says Chrome is letting me know but the link attached is so.alltogetheresquestrian.com Anyone...
  7. Usb hub malfuntion

in Windows 10 Customization
    Usb hub malfuntion: my usb ports aren't working at all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-hub-malfuntion/aeb61bc6-be6a-4421-b8a9-cd5c32b8efd6
  8. USB hub

USB hub: was using an Amazon basics usb hub on my last computer without any issues but I bought a new laptop a few months ago and within the past week or two my usb hub started to disconnect and reconnect devices connected to it. So I recently bought a hub that has a standalone power...
  9. USB hub problem

USB hub problem: I bought a 7 port USB hub and when I plug a thumb drive into 1 of the ports, it seems to recognize it and will display the contents of my stored directories and files properly. Then, 5 minutes later Windows issues a message that the drive is no longer recognized. I found a...
  10. Notifications and Actions oddness

in Windows 10 Support
    Notifications and Actions oddness: Settings/System/Notifications and Actions is very odd. It is showing applications in the "Show notifications from these apps" section that are no longer installed. It is NOT showing other applications like Skype that are installed. I've tried the Clear Icon...