Windows 10: New sound bug in Windows 10

Discus and support New sound bug in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Has anyone heard of a new bug in windows 10 called "20H2 Update 1696066" ?It blocks the sound from reaching the speakers. The speakers work fine, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DimitriosKastis, Jun 10, 2021.

1. New sound bug in Windows 10

Has anyone heard of a new bug in windows 10 called "20H2 Update 1696066" ?It blocks the sound from reaching the speakers. The speakers work fine, the software generating sound work fine, but still no sound. From my limited understanding, this bug prevents the sound from reaching the speakers. It includes Headphones. Again based on my very limited understanding of Cosmos, assuming and it does that even Windows diagnostics confirmed the description of the problem Speakers have the latest drivers and they work the way they're supposed to, and the programs on the computer are functioning cor

:)

DimitriosKastis, Jun 10, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 10, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10 sound bug

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue

From what you have mentioned, I would suggest you to try these steps to see if it resolves the issue

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter

Method 2:

No sound in Windows.

Refer the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/no-sound-help#no-sound=windows-8&v1h=win8tab4&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jun 10, 2021
  4. cadaveca Win User

New sound bug in Windows 10

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue New sound bug in Windows 10 :p

cadaveca, Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

New sound bug in Windows 10

1. New sound bug in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - sound bug

2. [Bug] Network / Sound / Battery Icon Not Clickable on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Bug] Network / Sound / Battery Icon Not Clickable on Taskbar: I'm having an issue whereinThings I have tried but didn't solve the issue.SFC scansDISM scansUninstall the audio driver and reinstall it.Resetting the Windows Explorer on the Task Manager fixes it after resetting the laptop. The issues go back again....
  3. [Bug] Network / Sound / Battery Icon Not Clickable on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [Bug] Network / Sound / Battery Icon Not Clickable on Taskbar: I'm having an issue whereinThings I have tried but didn't solve the issue.SFC scansDISM scansUninstall the audio driver and reinstall it.Resetting the Windows Explorer on the Task Manager fixes it after resetting the laptop. The issues go back again....
  4. My sound control is bugged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My sound control is bugged: My computer keeps defaulting to my elgado capture card even though it isn't used as an output sound device and I can't get my computer to switch from it disabled or exclusivity turned off or on. I missed no steps in getting this done and it's updated recently....
  5. My sound control is bugged

My sound control is bugged: My computer keeps defaulting to my elgado capture card even though it isn't used as an output sound device and I can't get my computer to switch from it disabled or exclusivity turned off or on. I missed no steps in getting this done and it's updated recently....
  6. My sound control is bugged

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Bluetooth sound bug!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth sound bug!: If you use a Bluetooth sound, the problem comes when you pause a video from the Browser or some APP. All other apps will be muted without sound.This is absurd, find out some solutions for Edger, Chrome, Firefox not to silence the System, however Apps like Netflix, Prime etcs...
  8. Bluetooth sound bug!

Bluetooth sound bug!: If you use a Bluetooth sound, the problem comes when you pause a video from the Browser or some APP. All other apps will be muted without sound.This is absurd, find out some solutions for Edger, Chrome, Firefox not to silence the System, however Apps like Netflix, Prime etcs...
  9. Wifi/Sound bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi/Sound bug: Hello,when click on the bottom left in windows 11, the wifi and sound bar opens but I cannot click to mute, check the wifi, turn bluetooth on/off etc. It just doenst react or minimizes the window. Anyone here that knows how to fix this? Thanks...
  10. Wifi/Sound bug

Wifi/Sound bug: Hello,when click on the bottom left in windows 11, the wifi and sound bar opens but I cannot click to mute, check the wifi, turn bluetooth on/off etc. It just doenst react or minimizes the window. Anyone here that knows how to fix this? Thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows sonic not working 20h2