Windows 10: New SQL Server 2016 Release Candidate (RC2)

Discus and support New SQL Server 2016 Release Candidate (RC2) in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; What's New in SQL Server 2016 Release Candidate (RC2) SQL Server 2016 Release Notes Download at: Technet Evaluation Center 45944 Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

New SQL Server 2016 Release Candidate (RC2)

Brink, Apr 1, 2016

2. Can't get raw sql to work in MVC6 Net Core

Update on the above:

I managed to solve the raw sql in MVC 6 problem with the help of a code example in a blog.

The following raw sql query works (I added this to my copy of the MvcMovie tutorial code just as an experiment):

var movies = _context.Movie.FromSql<Movie>("SELECT * FROM dbo.Movie").ToList();

Some other sample code didn't work, presumably because changes are being made to EF that are not backwards compatible with earlier versions. In other words, the product seems to be far from stable. I did learn that 'rc' stands for 'release candidate' in
    lines like this from project.json file:

"Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.SqlServer": "1.0.0-rc2-final",

so obviously MVC 6/EF 6 is pre-production software

BillMesser, Apr 1, 2016
  3. Sql 2016 security update not installing! =( and not working! screening snipping tool not working too.

Microsoft SQL 2016!! New SQL Server 2016 Release Candidate (RC2) :p

SQL Server 2016 | Microsoft

KieferAbram, Apr 1, 2016
Thema:

New SQL Server 2016 Release Candidate (RC2)

1. New SQL Server 2016 Release Candidate (RC2) - Similar Threads - SQL Server 2016

2. SQL Server 2016 Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SQL Server 2016 Issue: Hi everyone,I've update Security on DPM Window Server 2012R2 with SQL Server 2016, so i've backup the Database first but this is the old system, i don't know if backup the database is enough when i'm searching on internet for backup Database i saw the backup DPM config.So i...
  3. SQL Server 2016 Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SQL Server 2016 Issue: Hi everyone,I've update Security on DPM Window Server 2012R2 with SQL Server 2016, so i've backup the Database first but this is the old system, i don't know if backup the database is enough when i'm searching on internet for backup Database i saw the backup DPM config.So i...
  4. PowerShell 7.1.0 RC2 released

in Windows 10 News
    PowerShell 7.1.0 RC2 released: Engine Updates and Fixes Rename Get-Subsystem to Get-PSSubsystem and fix two related minor issues (#13765) Add missing PSToken token table entries to fix the PSParser API (#13779) Add additional PowerShell modules to the tracked modules list (#12183) Fix blocking wait when...
  5. New Powershell 7.0.0 RC2 released

in Windows 10 News
    New Powershell 7.0.0 RC2 released: Note: There is a known issue with WinRM-based remoting on Debian 10 and 11 when using Basic authentication with HTTPS. We are currently investigating this problem and try to address it for PowerShell 7 GA. Breaking Changes Use ISOWeek for week numbers in Get-Date...
  6. SQL Server 2017 Reporting Services Release Candidate now available

in Windows 10 News
    SQL Server 2017 Reporting Services Release Candidate now available: This week, we made available a Release Candidate of SQL Server 2017. Alongside it, we’re pleased to make available a Release Candidate of SQL Server 2017 Reporting Services. Download SQL Server 2017 Reporting Services (RC) As we described with the release of CTP 2.1, we...
  7. First release candidate of SQL Server 2017 now available

in Windows 10 News
    First release candidate of SQL Server 2017 now available: We are pleased to announce availability of the first public release candidate for SQL Server 2017, Release Candidate 1 (RC1), which is now available for download. This means that development work for the new version of SQL Server is complete along most dimensions needed to...
  8. Microsoft releases first public preview of SQL Server 2016

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft releases first public preview of SQL Server 2016: Microsoft is making available to anyone who wants to kick the tires a first public preview release of its coming SQL Server 2016 on-premises database. [img] Testers can download what's called SQL Server 2016 Community Technology Preview (CTP) 2 from Microsoft's web...
  9. SQL Server 2017 Release Candidate 2 (RC2) is now available

in Windows 10 News
    SQL Server 2017 Release Candidate 2 (RC2) is now available: Microsoft is pleased to announce availability of SQL Server 2017 Release Candidate 2 (RC2), which is now available for download. The release candidate represents an important milestone for SQL Server. Development of the new version of SQL Server along most dimensions...
  10. What’s new in Mobile Reports in SQL Server 2016 SP1

in Windows 10 News
    What’s new in Mobile Reports in SQL Server 2016 SP1: [img] In our last post around SQL Server 2016 SP1, we promised to do a post about some enhancements we’ve made to mobile reports in the latest release. We’ll highlight two major items we’ve updated and also provide the full change list of updates and fixes for mobile...