Windows 10: New SSD as the boot drive, great everything is fast, but now the Sound Volume is SO LOW in...

Discus and support New SSD as the boot drive, great everything is fast, but now the Sound Volume is SO LOW in... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Yes, I've changed the mix volume. Yes, I've updated all the drivers in the COMPUTER. Yes i was going to open the old Sound Control Panel, go to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Cleyver, May 26, 2020.

1. New SSD as the boot drive, great everything is fast, but now the Sound Volume is SO LOW in...

Yes, I've changed the mix volume.
    Yes, I've updated all the drivers in the COMPUTER.
    Yes i was going to open the old Sound Control Panel, go to Speakers Properties and boost at the Enhancement tab like always, but it's not there, I searched and it's said that windows 10 doesn't have that tab and it only appears to certain mother boards drivers and certain Realtek or what ever.
    I've tried installing a EqualizerAPO, restarted, installed PC Equalizer GUI and nothing worked.
    The only option i have there is the Level tab with "Rear Green; Pink; Blue In", all of them on max and nothing changed.

submitted by /u/Cleyver
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Cleyver, May 26, 2020
  2. Edwin Win User

Low sound volume

Could it be any of these, whether obvious or not, or all the above or, a combination thereof?

New SSD as the boot drive, great everything is fast, but now the Sound Volume is SO LOW in... [​IMG]

New SSD as the boot drive, great everything is fast, but now the Sound Volume is SO LOW in... [​IMG]

Edwin, May 26, 2020
  3. Stinger Win User
    Low sound volume

I had low volume on Win7, Win8/8.1 and Win10 using Realtek HD audio.
    Here is a fix that worked for me:
    Make SURE your Windows sound level is set to low before doing this!
    * Access the Realtek sound program
    * On a desktop pc the rear green connector is normally used. Right click the icon and you have 2 options:
    "New reassignment of contact/connector" or "sound settings" (or my english translation is a little off)
    * Choose new reassignment of contact/connector
    * Change from frontspeaker out to headphones
    * Click OK and you are finished.

I can't guarantee that this will work for all of you, but I can no longer listen to music with audio settings at 100% because it is way to loud after doing this.

Stinger, May 26, 2020
  4. New SSD as the boot drive, great everything is fast, but now the Sound Volume is SO LOW in...

Cloned WIN10/64 Boot drive will not Boot! Boot volume stays OFFLINE

Hello,

I have been grappling with an issue for a couple of days now and getting nowhere fast.

I have been helping my brother with his PC and we suspect that his SSD drive may be failing.

I used the personal edition of macrium reflect to clone his SSD onto a 1TB spindle drive - the clone worked fine and completed successfully.

However, when trying to boot off the 1TB disk, I get a blue screen saying windows cannot boot.

Using the startup repair CD - it says it is diagnosing errors, then this may take an hour to complete, then "startup repair couldn't repair your PC".

I have then used DISKPART and can see the boot volume is OFFLINE. The disk is ONLINE.

Trying to put the volume ONLINE fails. with the message "diskpart could not online the selected volume" I tried the OVERRIDE switch but it does not apply to the ONLINE command.

I have then tried the BOOTREC command sequence and /FIXMBR completed successfully but /FIXBOOT returns the cryptic response:

"The device is not ready".

So having selected the disk then used the command "list volume" I get

Volume 1 Partition 299GB Healthy Offline

There is no drive letter assigned but even if I assign one, it makes no difference.

If I assign a drive letter to the volume having booted another machine then attaching this disk, I can see all the data in the typical C drive volume - it is all there, just not bootable.

I have cloned many drives in the past with macrium, cloning from spindle to SSD, SSD to spindle, spindle to spindle and SSD to SSD and all have been fine, just this one.

The original donor SSD drive that has been cloned seems to be absolutely fine and works ok- but for how long?

Does anyone have any suggestions that I have not already tried?!

Thanks

joemcmorrow, May 26, 2020
Thema:

New SSD as the boot drive, great everything is fast, but now the Sound Volume is SO LOW in...

1. New SSD as the boot drive, great everything is fast, but now the Sound Volume is SO LOW in... - Similar Threads - SSD boot drive

2. New ssd and now no boot?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New ssd and now no boot?: Hello I need help as I seem to have messed things up. I have apparently reached my max # of storage devices at 4 tho I am out of room. So I decided to upgrade my 500gb ssd to a 4tb. After doing so and initializing it as well as setting it to active now I can't boot. Even...
  3. New ssd and now no boot?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New ssd and now no boot?: Hello I need help as I seem to have messed things up. I have apparently reached my max # of storage devices at 4 tho I am out of room. So I decided to upgrade my 500gb ssd to a 4tb. After doing so and initializing it as well as setting it to active now I can't boot. Even...
  4. New ssd and now no boot?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Sounds , volume very low , everything else has normal sound volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Sounds , volume very low , everything else has normal sound volume: I just started having a issue yesterday after having my PC over at a friends house to do a Steam Game Install COD WW2 90gb , so I got it back home at his house I did not have any speakers connected , just the pc , mouse , keyboard , monitor , so when I hooked it up I started...
  6. Windows Sounds , volume very low , everything else has normal sound volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Sounds , volume very low , everything else has normal sound volume: I just started having a issue yesterday after having my PC over at a friends house to do a Steam Game Install COD WW2 90gb , so I got it back home at his house I did not have any speakers connected , just the pc , mouse , keyboard , monitor , so when I hooked it up I started...
  7. Windows Sounds , volume very low , everything else has normal sound volume

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Low Volume Sound in Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Low Volume Sound in Laptop: Volume sound in my Laptop is too low, despite making trobleshooting and adjusting to maximun levels https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/low-volume-sound-in-laptop/798cfeed-767e-464c-8e00-595d97f8b162
  9. Low sound volume?

Low sound volume?: Since updating my wife's and my Sister-N-Law's laptops to the April update And the CU the volume on their laptops is low even though the volume is set to 100. Is this a known problem and is there a fix? I have tried deleting and reinstalling the sound card drivers. My wife's...
  10. Low sound volume

Low sound volume: Since going from Win8 to Win10 tech preview I have had to increase my volume a lot more than before to hear anything. Has anyone else had sound volume issues with Win10? thanks 3965