Windows 10: New SSD causing multiple BSOD

Discus and support New SSD causing multiple BSOD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an Acer Aspire TIMELINE X, i3. Recently bought a new SSD - Emtec X150 480 GB. After I install Windows and do all the updates, I get multiple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MiguelNunes5, Oct 3, 2020.

1. New SSD causing multiple BSOD

I have an Acer Aspire TIMELINE X, i3. Recently bought a new SSD - Emtec X150 480 GB.

After I install Windows and do all the updates, I get multiple blue screens of death, like:

Unexpected store exception

CRITICAL PROCESS DIED

Kernel data inpage error

Memory Management

How do I get rid of this issue?

:)

MiguelNunes5, Oct 3, 2020
  2. buncieboy Win User

Multiple BSODS with different errors, caused by ntoskrnl.exe

Wow thats a lot of usual causes!

Just to clarify / remove some things of that list, as mentioned the RAM has passed memtest multiple times, none of my hardware is OC'd, BIOS is fully up to date.

As far as I'm aware this is because its the single ram speed, and with it being DDR its 800*2=1600, I could be mistaken though?

As for the slots basically I was having BSOD's whenever any module was installed in one of the channels, so I had to move both modules over to the other channel, and this seemed to fix it, however I can move them back around to see what happens.

As for the memory I could have sworn I saw it on the supported list a while ago, ill check with the vendor of my PC.

Thanks for all the help New SSD causing multiple BSOD :)

So whats the next step?

buncieboy, Oct 3, 2020
  3. herrshaun Win User
    [SOLVED] Multiple random BSODs, all pointing to the kernel

No BSODs yet but I haven't been playing World of Warcraft which I suspect to be a possible cause.

Was the driver verifier step necessary or just a suggestion?

herrshaun, Oct 3, 2020
  4. X-PhilS Win User

New SSD causing multiple BSOD

Z Book BSOD with Second SSD Drive

Hi all

I have an issue with an HP Z Book. It is a new Generation 6 device and came with a pre-installed second SSD drive.

All worked fine until I tried to put our corporate image onto the primary OS SSD.

Firstly, the new OS installed onto the secondary SSD rather than the primary.

So I disconnected/removed the secondary, recreated the partition on the primary and loaded our stock OS.

The machine now works absolutely fine, as long as I do not try to re-introduce the second SSD drive.

If I reinstall this, the machine boots up OK for a second or two and then BSOD's.

Can anyone suggest the reason for this issue - the BSOD message reported a kernel error.

Any ideas on steps to take to resolve this?

Thanks

Phil

X-PhilS, Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

New SSD causing multiple BSOD

1. New SSD causing multiple BSOD - Similar Threads - SSD causing multiple

2. Multiple BSOD Caused by Different Sources

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSOD Caused by Different Sources: I bought a lenovo legion 7i gen 7 about a month ago and I was getting a BSOD on multiple occasions during startup. Every time it happened the laptop would restart and then boot normally. I tried to fix it many times, and originally I was getting that the problem was from...
  3. ntoskrnl.exe causing Multiple BSODs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ntoskrnl.exe causing Multiple BSODs: Have recently getting different stop codes from blue screens and with the help of BlueScreenViewer the usual line that determines the problem all lead back to ntoskrnl.exe. How would I go about fixing this...
  4. ntoskrnl.exe causing Multiple BSODs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ntoskrnl.exe causing Multiple BSODs: Have recently getting different stop codes from blue screens and with the help of BlueScreenViewer the usual line that determines the problem all lead back to ntoskrnl.exe. How would I go about fixing this...
  5. ntoskrnl.exe causing Multiple BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Multiple BSOD caused by bddci.sys

Multiple BSOD caused by bddci.sys: Hi! Recently I got myself a new laptop and after setting it up, I've started to consistently face BSOD, at least 2 times per day. Usually the error code is DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and the file that causes the crash is bddci.sys. I've updated the system and all the...
  7. Multiple BSOD for no apparent cause

Multiple BSOD for no apparent cause: My Dell Precision 3630 went into a fit of multiple BSOD's on May 27th, randomly spaced by between 20-40 minutes. The first occurred while I was logged in, but subsequently these BSOD's continued all night long, every 20-40 minutes. It does not appear to be tied to any...
  8. Multiple BSODS by an unknown cause.

Multiple BSODS by an unknown cause.: Hey everyone, for the past 8 month since I got this new computer I've been getting constant BSODS usually IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL and I'm not able to locate the cause. I have run memtest86 and no errors occurred I tried switching drivers, and still the bsod's continue......
  9. Broken SSD causing BSOD?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Broken SSD causing BSOD?: I‘ve had a Crucial BX500 SSD in my PC for almost two years and it recently started causing it to freeze and BSOD. WhoCrashed tells me that "ntoskrnl.exe" is causing it. The drive has no bad sectors, it triggers the BSOD when mounted inside via SATA and also while in a USB...
  10. Multiple BSOD since new SSD 0xA/0x12B/0x3B

Multiple BSOD since new SSD 0xA/0x12B/0x3B: Hello, i need some help. It all started with a new SSD. No BSOD on my old HDD. I tried to clean (re-)install Windows10 64bit 2 times, one with clean Nvidia driver(Guru3D DDU). No change i got BSOD with Bugcheck code: 0x12B. ntoskrnl.exe. I thought it was the SSD, so i...