Windows 10: New SSD causing windows to crash

Discus and support New SSD causing windows to crash in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This is a strange one that i need help with. After plugging in a new SSD windows 10 stopped booting it would load the bios then just hit a black... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JamieScofield, Jan 26, 2020.

1. New SSD causing windows to crash

This is a strange one that i need help with. After plugging in a new SSD windows 10 stopped booting it would load the bios then just hit a black screen. I first checked the boot order and that was still trying to boot off the existing hard drive. So i assumed it was a faulty SSD so i removed it and windows still wouldn't boot. So i assumed it was just a windows error and re installed a clean windows on the new SSD with the hard drive. This booted but it didn't recognize the old hard drive so when i went to make a simple volume for the hard drive this crashed windows. I took out the hard drive and as before windows didn't want to boot. The only way i could get it to work was to install a clean windows on the old hard drive then install the SSD. My question is though is there a way to install windows on my SSD and keep my hard drive without crashing windows

:)

JamieScofield, Jan 26, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jan 26, 2020
  3. Window upgrade to new SSD

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you for the issue.

I would like to inform you that if you replace the current ssd with new ssd then you will face issues with your currently installed OS that is Windows 8.1. So in this case we suggest you let the currently ssd be there and
    you can install Windows 10 on the new ssd without replacing with the current ssd so that the system doesn't crash.

Let us know if you need more information. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jan 26, 2020
  4. New SSD causing windows to crash

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Jan 26, 2020
Thema:

New SSD causing windows to crash

1. New SSD causing windows to crash - Similar Threads - SSD causing crash

2. Windows on new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows on new SSD: Hello.Recently bought a laptop with a 512GB SSD. Did a fresh Win 11 install about one month ago.I want to upgrade that SSD with a faster 1TB version. Decided that the easyest way for me is to do another fresh install as I dont have anything personal stored at the moment, only...
  3. Windows on new SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows on new SSD: Hello.Recently bought a laptop with a 512GB SSD. Did a fresh Win 11 install about one month ago.I want to upgrade that SSD with a faster 1TB version. Decided that the easyest way for me is to do another fresh install as I dont have anything personal stored at the moment, only...
  4. Windows on new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows crashes after installing new nvme ssd.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows crashes after installing new nvme ssd.: So,Today i bought a nvme ssd from cex the uk version of gamestop to move my os onto and maybe some other games/files.After installing the ssd into my motherboard and booting up my pc i get a "Diagnosing your PC" screen. it doesnt give detail as to what the actual issue is...
  6. Windows crashes after installing new nvme ssd.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows crashes after installing new nvme ssd.: So,Today i bought a nvme ssd from cex the uk version of gamestop to move my os onto and maybe some other games/files.After installing the ssd into my motherboard and booting up my pc i get a "Diagnosing your PC" screen. it doesnt give detail as to what the actual issue is...
  7. Windows crashes after installing new nvme ssd.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. New Parts and Drivers Causing Crashes and BSOD

New Parts and Drivers Causing Crashes and BSOD: Yesterday I put a new MB, processor, and RAM into my PC. I created a restore point before, and a restore point before running Verifier.exe. I have the crash logs. I have been doing troubleshooting since Friday, and most problems have been resolved, except for...
  9. New SSD causing multiple BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New SSD causing multiple BSOD: I have an Acer Aspire TIMELINE X, i3. Recently bought a new SSD - Emtec X150 480 GB. After I install Windows and do all the updates, I get multiple blue screens of death, like: Unexpected store exception CRITICAL PROCESS DIED Kernel data inpage error Memory Management...
  10. Laptop crashing after new SSD installed.

Laptop crashing after new SSD installed.: Hello everyone, found this great forum and really hoping i can get some help. Thanks in advance! I have an ASUS N551ZU, gaming laptop from 2015. IT has been working great...overheated but great. So I installed a new SSD and put the HD in a caddy disk. Also I replaced the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 New ssd boot but crash

2. windows 10 crashes after ssd

3. windows crashing connecting second ssd to 6gbs sata