Windows 10: New SSD, Dont know how to move OS

Discus and support New SSD, Dont know how to move OS in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, i just bought a new 200gb ssd and i have a 1tb hdd. Ive already used up 700gb so i only have 300gb so it wont allow me to move the OS. I have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/amnn_k, May 29, 2020.

1. /u/amnn_k Win User

New SSD, Dont know how to move OS

Hi, i just bought a new 200gb ssd and i have a 1tb hdd. Ive already used up 700gb so i only have 300gb so it wont allow me to move the OS. I have to many important files to delete so i cannot do that. Is there a way i can delete OS from my HDD and do a reinstall on my SSD without touching my files on the HDD. Ill be very grateful for your help. Thank you

submitted by /u/amnn_k
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/amnn_k, May 29, 2020

2. how to migrate only the OS to a new SSD

hi

i gust got a new SSD

and i want to move my OS and only my OS over to it

so that i can boot from it.

if any one can give me a step by step guide to it that would be grate

some PC info

i have windows 10 64bit

the SSD is 120GB

mrhexeberg, May 29, 2020
  3. Migration OS to a new SSD

I have a 1 TB HDD whit Win 10 home. Yesterday i bought a new 500 Gb SSD and I would know how i can migrate only mine OS and not all my file. Is it possible? how i can do it? A friend told me i can install windows 10 from the Microsoft site for free, and
    put my product key of the os of the old hdd in this new ssd. Is it true? Because i can't find this.

igorcasciotti, May 29, 2020
  4. New SSD, Dont know how to move OS

Looking for a new SSD

Hello all,

Im looking for a new SSD to replace a failing HDD in my desktop. Desktop interface is SATA III 6GB/s. I would like one around 500GB of storage. It will be used as the OS and Program/Games drive. I already have a 1TB HDD set up as a data drive.

Ive been looking at Intels, Kingstons, and some Samsungs. I dont know much yet about SSDs.

Does anyone have any suggestions for brand and/or model? I dont need anything with really extreme R/W speeds. A mid-line SSD would do me great.

ArazelEternal, May 29, 2020
Thema:

New SSD, Dont know how to move OS

1. New SSD, Dont know how to move OS - Similar Threads - SSD Dont move

2. Move OS to new internal SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move OS to new internal SSD: Hello, I bought a new internal SSD that I installed on my motherboard. I initiated it from Disk Management. Since the new SSD is way better more speed and more space, I want to migrate my OS to the new one without any third-party tool unless it's free. Can someone help me?...
  3. Move OS to new internal SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move OS to new internal SSD: Hello, I bought a new internal SSD that I installed on my motherboard. I initiated it from Disk Management. Since the new SSD is way better more speed and more space, I want to migrate my OS to the new one without any third-party tool unless it's free. Can someone help me?...
  4. Moving OS, Files and Programs to new SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving OS, Files and Programs to new SSD: Quick question, I'm on Win 10 home, build 2004. I've got an M.2 SATA III SSD that I'm getting rid of and upgrading to an M.2 NVMe SSD. Fortunately I have two M.2 slots on the motherboard, so I can use a migration tool. But I will be removing the old one and swapping the new...
  5. Move OS to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Move OS to SSD: Move win10 from my HDD to SSD operating system only The SSD in smaller but it is 500 mg https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-os-to-ssd/2a46d103-f634-4cd0-9230-c58104c63769
  6. Moving OS to new SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving OS to new SSD: I have my Windows 10 OS installed in my old HDD. I recently put in a m.2 NVMe SSD in my PC and i’m wondering if I can clone my Windows 10 OS to my new SSD ONLY. I want to keep my pictures, videos and games in my HDD not move it anywhere. Is this possible? If so please tell me...
  7. How to move OS from HD to SSD ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to move OS from HD to SSD ?: So i have about a 100 gb ssd. its connected to a different sata than the hard drive windows 10 is installed. How do i get just the OS to run from that ssd ? I want to use the hard drive just for software and different files as storage. Im getting a new ssd i want to use...
  8. How to move OS from HD to SSD ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to move OS from HD to SSD ?: So i have about a 100 gb ssd. its connected to a different sata than the hard drive windows 10 is installed. How do i get just the OS to run from that ssd ? I want to use the hard drive just for software and different files as storage. Im getting a new ssd i want to use...
  9. New SSD, Question regarding moving programs and OS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New SSD, Question regarding moving programs and OS: I purchased a Samsung SSD 500gb and I am trying to make it where my OS and all of my programs boot from the SSD, and all of my standard files are saved on my regular hard drive. The problem is, I currently have two hard drives installed due to a computer change (I pulled the...
  10. Moving OS to new SSD but keep Programs on HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving OS to new SSD but keep Programs on HDD: Hello, Is there any way to move/clone the OS to a new SSD while keeping the programs on the HDD (and being able to still keep the previous location association with shortcuts) (example: Shortcut on desktop: Location: (HDD) C:\Users\Sam\Desktop Name: Steam Target:...