Windows 10: New SSD drive not showing in windows 11

Discus and support New SSD drive not showing in windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I put in a new SSD drive but file explorer does not seem to see it. I can see it in the BIOS and Device Manager. I have tried updating it says I am all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by David S_1979, Feb 19, 2023.

1. New SSD drive not showing in windows 11

I put in a new SSD drive but file explorer does not seem to see it. I can see it in the BIOS and Device Manager. I have tried updating it says I am all up to date. I have a ASUS Prime Z-490 board. Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz Installed RAM 32.0 GB 31.9 GB usable Product ID 00325-82012-76356-AAOEM System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Edition Windows 11 Home Version 22H2 Installed on ‎2/‎3/‎2023 OS build 22621.1265 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22638.1000.0 From Device Manager Device settings for SCSI\Disk&Ven_NVMe&am

:)

David S_1979, Feb 19, 2023

2. SSD as Boot Drive? How?

Well, I have Windows installed on the SSD, along with the drivers and browser. Now, I'm trying to install other stuff (Steam, games, etc.), but the mechanical drive isn't showing. I'm sure I missed a step?

Chosen Juan, Feb 19, 2023
  3. How do Install Windows 11 on a replacement SSD for my PC

I have a GEEKOM miniair 11 with a 256 MB ssd drive. I want to upgrade to a 1 TB SSD drive.

The 1 TB SSD has no OS. How do I get Windows 11 for my replacement drive? I only have one slot for the SSD. I read I cannot use an external USB connected hard drive cannot be used as a boot drive to reinstall Windows 11 on the new SSD. Any suggestions?

Alan Wyatt1, Feb 19, 2023
  4. New SSD drive not showing in windows 11

Windows 10 Installation Media - SSD drive not showing up

Hello all,

I am running into a weird issue trying to install windows on a secondary SATA SSD (to be transferred to another PC). When I boot into the installation media, only my computers primary M.2 disk is displayed. When opening the command prompt (via Shift+F10) from this installation media screen, and entering the commands "diskpart" and "LIST DISK", only the primary disk and the USB disk for the installation media is shown.

Now the odd part is that I have already booted into Windows on my primary drive, and confirmed that the new drive shows correctly in disk management, and have formatted the drive with MBR and NTFS settings. Running the "diskpart" and "LIST DISK" commands properly shows the secondary drive.

I have also confirmed the drive shows correctly in BIOS.

So to recap, the secondary SSD I want to install windows on is formatted, shows in bios, and shows in windows, but does NOT show from the command prompt in the installation media or on the list of available installation disks. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

JaredB1998, Feb 19, 2023
Thema:

New SSD drive not showing in windows 11

1. New SSD drive not showing in windows 11 - Similar Threads - SSD drive showing

2. system booting with new ssd but ssd not showing up in bios as a drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system booting with new ssd but ssd not showing up in bios as a drive.: Hi, Iam using Dell latitude 5400 i7 8th gen laptop. I got it with 256 GB m.2 sata ssd which was slower. so I upgraded to m.2 nvme ssd from Western Digital WD SN570 1TB SSD. I backed up my data from previous ssd and removed the old ssd and installed new ssd into the system....
  3. system booting with new ssd but ssd not showing up in bios as a drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    system booting with new ssd but ssd not showing up in bios as a drive.: Hi, Iam using Dell latitude 5400 i7 8th gen laptop. I got it with 256 GB m.2 sata ssd which was slower. so I upgraded to m.2 nvme ssd from Western Digital WD SN570 1TB SSD. I backed up my data from previous ssd and removed the old ssd and installed new ssd into the system....
  4. system booting with new ssd but ssd not showing up in bios as a drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. New SSD drive not showing in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New SSD drive not showing in windows 11: I put in a new SSD drive but file explorer does not seem to see it. I can see it in the BIOS and Device Manager. I have tried updating it says I am all up to date. I have a ASUS Prime Z-490 board. Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz Installed RAM 32.0 GB...
  6. Can i upgrade to Windows 11 on a new SSD drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can i upgrade to Windows 11 on a new SSD drive: I just added an NVME SSD to my laptop. I would like to upgrade to windows 11 but use the new drive for better performance. How can i accomplish that?...
  7. New SSD shows up as two different drives.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New SSD shows up as two different drives.: I was going to swap out my old ssd to my new one. So i transfered my files from my old ssd to my external harddrive, then i installed my new ssd and transfered the files from my harddrive to the ssd. Now the ssd shows up as too different drives and none of them is max...
  8. new ssd drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    new ssd drive: bought ssd drive for dell 3521, need tips on transferring windows and operating system to new drive, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-ssd-drive/753d7a65-1691-4a40-89ed-e8911b00f93c
  9. SSD questions, new to SSD drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD questions, new to SSD drives: Does a SSD drive need to be defrag? I read some say no and some say yes. Now it should just be swapped out with my old drive with the same plugs, right? This is only a extra drive not my booting drive. It there any other things I need to do or know, thanks! 133735
  10. SSD questions, new to SSD drives

in Windows 10 Support
    SSD questions, new to SSD drives: Does a SSD drive need to be defrag? I read some say no and some say yes. Now it should just be swapped out with my old drive with the same plugs, right? This is only a extra drive not my booting drive. It there any other things I need to do or know, thanks! 133735