Windows 10: New SSD install... Visible on BIOS, not windows installer.

Discus and support New SSD install... Visible on BIOS, not windows installer. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello! I'm trying to install a new SSD in my Yoga laptop. I am using the Windows 10 media creation tool on a USB stick. On my first attempt, everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by The Cool Nick, Mar 17, 2024.

1. New SSD install... Visible on BIOS, not windows installer.

Hello! I'm trying to install a new SSD in my Yoga laptop. I am using the Windows 10 media creation tool on a USB stick. On my first attempt, everything seemed to be going right, and the drive was visible when I got to the point to select an installation location. It started installing windows, but at some point went into an endless boot loop. After letting it go for over a half hour I forced shut down and attempted again. Now the SSD does not show up on the device list. The only options are to refresh and install driver tried this with no luck. I checked the bios and it's visible there.

:)

The Cool Nick, Mar 17, 2024

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 17, 2024
  3. Daniel C Win User
    Issues with installation of new MSATA SSD

Yes it was a clean install on a new SSD. The laptop boots into windows fine. As mentioned in the earlier posts I'm trying to get the BIOS to see the new SSD as UEFI and not Legacy as it originally did when I installed the SSD and installed windows. I changed it from MBR to GPT from the windows installation screen and have since followed the steps above to allocate the drive an EFI partition, the drive itself still isn't seen under UEFI boot options in the BIOS itself though and I'd imagine it may be the final steps listed that may resolve this but for it doesn't want to allow it. I'm happy to post pictures, could you be a bit more specific as to what you'd like me to post. Thanks Daniel

Daniel C, Mar 17, 2024
  4. Norton Win User

New SSD install... Visible on BIOS, not windows installer.

New SSD install advice/opinions

My OS install was done last weekend and have been pulling in all of the updates over the past week so I should have ready and "clean"... been dumping/cleaning of all of the install garabage, restore points, etc

Corsair's website didn't have too much support info or I couldn't find it regarding firmware updates and tweaks. Basically the FAQ section suggested to make one change in the BIOS and nothing else had to be done *Confused New SSD install... Visible on BIOS, not windows installer. :confused:

I'll check on those post install tweaks you mentioned and Thanks *Toast :toast:

Norton, Mar 17, 2024
Thema:

New SSD install... Visible on BIOS, not windows installer.

1. New SSD install... Visible on BIOS, not windows installer. - Similar Threads - SSD install Visible

2. Installed new SSD but, it's not being detected in BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installed new SSD but, it's not being detected in BIOS: installed kingston ssd and didnt appear https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installed-new-ssd-but-its-not-being-detected-in/3de0488d-afc0-47c6-bb46-c56b71a034e6
  3. New SSD install... Visible on BIOS, not windows installer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New SSD install... Visible on BIOS, not windows installer.: Hello! I'm trying to install a new SSD in my Yoga laptop. I am using the Windows 10 media creation tool on a USB stick. On my first attempt, everything seemed to be going right, and the drive was visible when I got to the point to select an installation location. It started...
  4. New SSD install... Visible on BIOS, not windows installer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New SSD install... Visible on BIOS, not windows installer.: Hello! I'm trying to install a new SSD in my Yoga laptop. I am using the Windows 10 media creation tool on a USB stick. On my first attempt, everything seemed to be going right, and the drive was visible when I got to the point to select an installation location. It started...
  5. Installed new SSD but, it's not being detected in BIOS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installed new SSD but, it's not being detected in BIOS: Hello I need help!I Recently upgraded my PC with an MSI Z590 motherboard and an Intel 11th gen, Since I transition to PCIe Gen 4 board, I also bought a brand New NVME M.2 Samsung 980 pro in addition to my old gen 3 m.2 C: DriveThe new SSD is not being detected neither to...
  6. Installed new SSD but, it's not being detected in BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installed new SSD but, it's not being detected in BIOS: Hello I need help!I Recently upgraded my PC with an MSI Z590 motherboard and an Intel 11th gen, Since I transition to PCIe Gen 4 board, I also bought a brand New NVME M.2 Samsung 980 pro in addition to my old gen 3 m.2 C: DriveThe new SSD is not being detected neither to...
  7. Installed new SSD but, it's not being detected in BIOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Ssd not visible in bios

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ssd not visible in bios: I have hp notebook 15ay-006tx with 1tb hdd and 8gb ram with windows 10 os, so i intsall 240gb crucial ssd on the place of hdd and put hdd in caddy it is working properly when i select it pressing f9 boot menu and select ssd as boot device but when it start normally it start...
  9. Ssd not visible in bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ssd not visible in bios: I have hp notebook 15ay-006tx with 1tb hdd and 8gb ram with windows 10 os, so i intsall 240gb crucial ssd on the place of hdd and put hdd in caddy it is working properly when i select it pressing f9 boot menu and select ssd as boot device but when it start normally it start...
  10. Ssd not visible in bios

in Windows 10 Software and Apps