Windows 10: New SSD Install

Discus and support New SSD Install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Backed up files per MS instructions Created recovery USB per MS instructions Replaced SSD with a bigger one from another computer Stared eecovery... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Amir Barlas, Mar 1, 2020.

1. New SSD Install

Backed up files per MS instructions

Created recovery USB per MS instructions

Replaced SSD with a bigger one from another computer

Stared eecovery off USB

After a long install process, got the message "there was a problem resetting your pc. No changes were made"

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

:)

Amir Barlas, Mar 1, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 1, 2020
  3. Josh_922 Win User
    Win10 clean install on Samsung SSD 850 EVO

BLUF: SSD is not listed ubder "Where do you want to install Windows?"

Steps Complete:

1. I've create a Win10 bootable install usb.

2. I connect the new Samsung SSD 850 EVO via SATA.

3. I reboot PC and verify SSD is seen by the motherboard/BIOS

4. Begin Win10 install via usb.

5. Get to "Where do you want to install Windows?" and the SSD is not listed

Problems:

1. Samsung does not offer a driver for the 850 on their website

2. Cannot locate driver elsewhere

Unsuccessful Mitigations Steps Attempt:

A. Format & partition SSD via Windows Disk Management, then retried steps 1-5 above....same result

B. Clone existing HHD onto SSD via "Image for Windows" by TeraByte, then verified SSD contents via Windows Explorer....similar result

Can you please offer some advice on locating a driver for a Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB drive? Or an alternative method?

Thank you

Josh_922, Mar 1, 2020
  4. New SSD Install

Not able to install new ISO on SSD

Thanks for this. I also had to delete my old Windows partition on my SSD due to existing MBR. Nice step-by-step Mark. *cake

pilsnermonkey, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

New SSD Install

1. New SSD Install - Similar Threads - SSD Install

2. I just got a new ssd and it gives me a blue screen when i try to instal windows 11 on it....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just got a new ssd and it gives me a blue screen when i try to instal windows 11 on it....: I just got a new ssd and when I turn on the PC with the usb with the windows 11 installation it shows me "Recovery, Your PC/Device needs to be repaired...". Sometimes if i try to open bios it gives me a black screen, but when it works it shows me that my ssd is under raid...
  3. I just got a new ssd and it gives me a blue screen when i try to instal windows 11 on it....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I just got a new ssd and it gives me a blue screen when i try to instal windows 11 on it....: I just got a new ssd and when I turn on the PC with the usb with the windows 11 installation it shows me "Recovery, Your PC/Device needs to be repaired...". Sometimes if i try to open bios it gives me a black screen, but when it works it shows me that my ssd is under raid...
  4. SSD & HDD installed drives not visible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD & HDD installed drives not visible: Hi All,SSD & HDD installed drives not visible after checked windows update and re-plugged wifi usb. and my microsoftware is Windows Feature Experience Pack. please suggest me how to get SSD & HDD back. and after clicked on shutdown it is taking more than 2 to 3min to getting...
  5. SSD & HDD installed drives not visible

SSD & HDD installed drives not visible: Hi All,SSD & HDD installed drives not visible after checked windows update and re-plugged wifi usb. and my microsoftware is Windows Feature Experience Pack. please suggest me how to get SSD & HDD back. and after clicked on shutdown it is taking more than 2 to 3min to getting...
  6. SSD & HDD installed drives not visible

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. SSD not showing up on windows installation or CMD diskpart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD not showing up on windows installation or CMD diskpart: I've recently installed a new 1TB 970 Evo Plus NVME M.2 SSD into my Dell XPS 9310. I'm trying to re-install Windows 10 on it but the drive is not appearing in the installation process and it's not showing up in the CMD diskpart list either. However, it is being detected...
  8. SSD not showing up on windows installation or CMD diskpart

SSD not showing up on windows installation or CMD diskpart: I've recently installed a new 1TB 970 Evo Plus NVME M.2 SSD into my Dell XPS 9310. I'm trying to re-install Windows 10 on it but the drive is not appearing in the installation process and it's not showing up in the CMD diskpart list either. However, it is being detected...
  9. SSD not showing up on windows installation or CMD diskpart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. New SSD install... Visible on BIOS, not windows installer.

New SSD install... Visible on BIOS, not windows installer.: Hello! I'm trying to install a new SSD in my Yoga laptop. I am using the Windows 10 media creation tool on a USB stick. On my first attempt, everything seemed to be going right, and the drive was visible when I got to the point to select an installation location. It started...