Windows 10: New ssd, need help on how to transfer stuff

Discus and support New ssd, need help on how to transfer stuff in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Following starting position: I had a ssd hdd setup with the ssd being only 110 GB and (supposed) reserved for Windows. Now it's completly full to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheSevenSeals, Apr 6, 2021.

1. New ssd, need help on how to transfer stuff

Following starting position: I had a ssd hdd setup with the ssd being only 110 GB and (supposed) reserved for Windows. Now it's completly full to the point I can't open an excel file. I bought a new ssd a while ago which I want to install now.

Two questions: is 110 GB enough for Windows and its future updates? Because right now there are other stuff on the ssd like graphic card driver etc that is taking space too. If so, how do I move everything but windows from that ssd?

If not: How do I move Windows to the new ssd?

Appreciate the help

submitted by /u/TheSevenSeals
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheSevenSeals, Apr 6, 2021
  2. Devils41 Win User

Help with OS Transfer on a new build

Need some help figuring out what I need to do for a fresh build tomorrow. I will be moving off of my old CPU and mobo to a new X99 system. Right now I have my OS on a Sata SSD and want to transfer it onto a new NVME drive.

Some issues:
    • I have a windows 10 upgrade from a RETAIL windows 7 license so I should have migration rights correct?
    • I have 3 other non-OS drives so after I do the install with my old/ current Microsoft account will my fresh install of windows recognise those drives?
    If you guys could shed some light on how to do this or advice please lend a hand. thanks!

Devils41, Apr 6, 2021
  3. Kursah Win User
    SSD Crucial Bx 100 - rattling/vibrating. Possible?

This has been suggested several times already, and it has been suggested you try to move the SSD, remove it, or even suspend it in your case. Will you please try one of these?

If you don't understand vibration and resonance, please refer to @dorsetknob 's post above. *Smile New ssd, need help on how to transfer stuff :) It has been explained that something else moving/vibrating (even if you don't think they're vibrating they are...), fans, hard disk drives, and anything with a motor will cause some form of vibration at certain frequencies. This can be transfered through your case's chassis and where you mounted your SSD could be reaching a certain frequency that causes it to slightly move and rattle against the case.

We are suggesting you take action and report back..you keep asking questions from step 1...we should be on step 4 by now...that is solution.

Try what has been suggested and report back please. Otherwise all you're doing is leading this thread in an endless circle and the help will stop shortly thereafter.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Apr 6, 2021
  4. New ssd, need help on how to transfer stuff

Transfer SSD to new laptop

My laptop is on its last legs and needs replacing. But it has a good SSD with Windows 10 and lots of data on it which I want to keep. Can I buy a new laptop with no HDD or OS and transfer my existing SSD complete with OS straight into it? Am I allowed to
    transfer my existing Windows 10 licence ro a new computer bought without an OS?

Geoffharry, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

New ssd, need help on how to transfer stuff

1. New ssd, need help on how to transfer stuff - Similar Threads - ssd need help

2. I need help getting my stuff transfered to a different laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help getting my stuff transfered to a different laptop.: Hi. I'm a user who has to transfer my stuff to a different computer, since my gaming laptop has been damaged from the attempts of trying to get it repaired, the first time it was due to charging problems and now it won't charge, it's basically damaged beyond repair at this...
  3. I need help getting my stuff transfered to a different laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help getting my stuff transfered to a different laptop.: Hi. I'm a user who has to transfer my stuff to a different computer, since my gaming laptop has been damaged from the attempts of trying to get it repaired, the first time it was due to charging problems and now it won't charge, it's basically damaged beyond repair at this...
  4. HDD replaced with SSD, need to transfer my license to new SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    HDD replaced with SSD, need to transfer my license to new SSD: Hi,As my laptop is old and getting slow, i decided to install the HDD to it, but the problem is how do i transfer my windows license to it, as it came in pre-installed in the laptop, and I do not have the product key.Any help would be appreciated.Regards,Tushar...
  5. Transferring stuff

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transferring stuff: so i want to move all my files from Drive C: to Drive D: and have it as my basic file for downloads Any clue if this is even possible and if so how https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transferring-stuff/8e368381-2fd2-4080-8d0e-3e4a64c8dd37
  6. Need help switching to a new SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help switching to a new SSD: I have a HDD and I just got a SSD and I'm trying to switch. I tried using Macrium to clone my previous hard drive, but it failed and told me to run "chkdsk C: /r" in cmd, so I did. I restarted my pc and after about 40 mins I got BSoD. I restarted again and the repair was...
  7. Need help regarding cloning/partition/transfer to a new SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help regarding cloning/partition/transfer to a new SSD: Hello guys. tomorrow, I'll be adding a new SSD to my laptop (SSD to the main disk drive and the old HDD to the optical(CD) drive, comment if anything is wrong over here) anyways, I am wondering about whether or not to make partition beforehand with only and only windows OS...
  8. I need help transferring windows 10 to a new SSD

I need help transferring windows 10 to a new SSD: My old Hard drives got corrupted and I have new a new 1tb ssd coming today. Is there any way that I could clone only the os to the new ssd without also transferring the corrupted files? submitted by /u/mrawesome320 [link] [comments]...
  9. Need help on transferring Windows 10 to new SSD

Need help on transferring Windows 10 to new SSD: Just bought a 500GB m.2 ssd to replace my current 128GB drive. I created an image of my 128GB m.2 SSD using Macrium reflect and it is already saved on my second hard drive (1tb HDD). My laptop only has 1 m.2 slot. How can I restore the image of the 128GB ssd to my 500GB ssd...
  10. Need help transferring my Windows install to an SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need help transferring my Windows install to an SSD: Hey guys. So here's my situation: I have like 200gb worth of files on my current harddrive and I recently bought a 500gb SSD. I'd like to basically clone my Windows install and all of my files onto the new SSD. I researched how to do this and learned that a good thing to try...